PDA

View Full Version : Header bolt ??

Sqrlnts
12-12-08, 05:00 PM
Will be installing my new LT headers this weekend (:pepper:) and am wondering if i should use some FMS stage 8 locking bolts? I have found a set for $45 plus shipping. The LT's are MAC with the individual style flange, not solid like BBK. I have read others just use stock type grade 8 non locking bolts and retorque them after a couple heat cycles and they are fine. My thing is I am switching to the LT's because my shorty headers are consistently leaking and I can't stand that sound. So I don't mind spending some extra coin if it will help in the end.

Your thoughts are appreciated!!!

jjmatheson
12-13-08, 10:04 AM
Yes get locking bolts and use steel header gaskets or copper I just have never used copper. There is a company making the steel gaskets for the Windsor cant remember whom. Make sure whatever header you get has thick flanges so they will not warp.

Steve2000GT
12-13-08, 12:48 PM
I had mac 1 5/8 lt headers on my fox and just used the studs and bolts they sent with. Never had any problems or annoying exhaust leaks.

Stern90LX
12-19-08, 01:53 PM
I prefer using studs and a lock washer under the nut with LT's myself, they won't come undone. Also makes mounting them easier. This applies to the BBK LT's with a solid one piece flange anyway. Should work the same with the MAC's. Just remember to use a Thread Sealant(not to be confused with a thread lock compound) with the studs so they don't seize in the head in case they ever need to be removed.