PDA

View Full Version : Mac long tube headers and BBK H pipe problems

Sqrlnts
12-16-08, 05:46 PM
Anyone ever tried to mate the two? I have my MAC headers installed (90%) and the BBK H pipe does not look like it wants to mate up to the header flange. I know they won't fall into place but this H pipe is going to take some serious work to fit the headers.

Anyone else run into this? Do I have to use a MAC H pipe instead?
Thanks in advance.

Steve2000GT
12-17-08, 04:44 PM
MAC lt's? if they are the 5spd ones I believe they will bolt to other h/x pipes. if you have the auto version of the lt's they are alot wider and take different mid pipes.

Sqrlnts
12-17-08, 05:24 PM
The headers measure around 13.5 inches center to center at the exhaust flanges and the H pipe measures around 15.5. Something is not right......

93mustank
12-17-08, 05:39 PM
Will not work.....vis verse also.....get matching brand h pipe.

Sqrlnts
12-17-08, 05:42 PM
I figured as much. I think I am going to shitcan the MAC headers and go with BBK. These damn things are hanging down sooooo low, its not gonna be fun to drive. So, I will be starting from ground zero next weekend........neat.

99WhiteGT
12-17-08, 08:53 PM
Dude stick with the macs, I just got mine back from the shop today it has MAC LT's, Bassani X, and flowmaster 40s, it sounds awesome, trust me i had to do shit tons of work to get mine on, reroute tranny lines, ac lines, but trust m it was well worth it. just my opinion

Steve2000GT
12-17-08, 09:18 PM
I loved my MAC LT's , that with a mac off road h ( which are pretty cheap ) and flow master 40's dumped was awsome.

ttocs
12-17-08, 09:33 PM
some taaaall speed bumps at the work parking lot.... And they are still small compaired to some around here.

Sqrlnts
12-18-08, 12:27 AM
yeah, but were your cars lowered? mine is sitting on Eibach Pro springs, about an inch and a half drop. Wish I had my camera to post pics...... Here is a pic exactly like mine. Damn collector is huge. It measures a full 3".......

I might try and pick up a pro chamber, but am very skeptical about the ground clearance.......

Thanks for the inputs....

dkwegner
01-11-09, 08:20 PM
I had taken mine to a muffler shop on Cave Creek and they reangled the ends of the BBK cat H-pipe to fit the mac headers.If you want to know the name of the shop I will get it for you, it cost me one hundred dollars to change.