PDA

View Full Version : Fabulous Fords @ Knotts april 19th

05mustangman
01-10-09, 03:27 AM
ok so the fabulous fords show is april 19 at knotts. well i am wondering if there might be another caravan out to knotts this year! am i very excited for this cause i have never been to this show and missed the cruise last year. i am ready to rock this year and cruise with all the great people from phoenix!!! Let the planning begin!!

Torchmach
01-10-09, 09:47 AM
ok so the fabulous fords show is april 19 at knotts. well i am wondering if there might be another caravan out to knotts this year!

YOU CAN COUNT ON IT !

Dave and I have been regulars, and will be planning another Knott's Cruise. Think we will handout maps with instructions this year, as we lost the last 5, out of a 20 Car Caravan last year, transitioning from one freeway to another.

Knott's is Mustang Meca, you got to go at least once. California owners go to greater lengths to personalize their Cars too.

05mustangman
01-10-09, 05:14 PM
nice that just makes me more excited!! i cant wait for this one!!! lol.:woot1:

FalconGTHO
01-12-09, 01:48 AM
Im going, unless a catastrophe happens. Im trailering. Ive already posted an announcement to organize a Grabber Orange Rally on another board Im on. If the Rally goes down, Ill be going out on Friday. If it doesnt happen, Im not so sure about Friday. Either day I leave, however, I wont be going at the azzcrack of dawn like I heard was the outcome last year. Its less than a 6 hour drive, so Im in no hurry to get out there before 1 or 2 in the afternoon.

Since this year is the 45th Anniversary celebration of the Mustang, this show will be even better than usual.

Torchmach
01-12-09, 06:41 PM
Since this year is the 45th Anniversary celebration of the Mustang, this show will be even better than usual.

You can count on the organizers of Fab Fords Forever to come up with something special, to commemorate the 45th Anniversery of the Mustang. I am sure that Ford will be there with some 2010 Mustangs, and a couple Tractor-Trailer loads of Mustang memorabilia.

FYI ,for those trailering Cars over, the speed limit for those pulling trailers in California is 55 MPH. We had a CMC member (Fire Marshal Denver) ticketed a few years back.

krazyazian
01-14-09, 08:15 PM
I think I'd be down for this! I'm about to retire from the Air Force and move back to Texas so this would be a nice last hoorah for me.

FalconGTHO
01-14-09, 10:46 PM
FYI ,for those trailering Cars over, the speed limit for those pulling trailers in California is 55 MPH. We had a CMC member (Fire Marshal Denver) ticketed a few years back.

Well THAT sucks. However, when I went to Ventura last year to get a part I only saw CHP twice on the way out, none, as I recall, on the way back.

Ken Newman
02-08-09, 08:40 PM
I'll be driving the Fairmont over. We usually hook up with the Four Eyed Pride folks at the Po Folks restaurant for breakfast Sunday morning then drive in together. Hope to see you there.

Torchmach
03-01-09, 04:49 PM
Just a reminder Mustangers, The 24th Annual Fabulous Fords Forever at Knotts Berry Resort, in Buena Park, is coming up Fast, Sunday April 19th.

This year we will be celebrating the 45th Anniversery of the Mustang (Sure bet Ford will be there with 2010 examples), 70th Anniversary of Mercury (Should bring a good turnout of Cougars), and the 50th Anniversary of the Galaxie (Any FE series Big Block fans around?). It is also the 30th Anniversary of the Fox Chassis Mustang. I have allready started whipping my 88' GT into shape, for the trip.

Dave and I, plan on leading a big turnout of Arizona Foxes over. We are thinking about doing things a little different this year too, starting out on I-10 from the Westside around 10AM, taking an early dinner around 4:30 in Upland at San Biagio's Italian Deli/New York Pizza resturaunt (Dave is recommending it, so it must be good!). After the Sun, and traffic drop off, cruise on in to I-5, and heading south on I-5 to Buena Park. easier than the Freeway jump, to Freeway jump, we have done in the past.

We are also considering staying as a group, at the Radisson, across from Knotts Berry rather than the Resort Hotel. It is a smaller place, with barbecue grills, in the central commons area, giving us a chance to have a group dinner Saturday evening.

CMC members will be discussing plans at next Sundays general meeting, more info to follow.
For more info from Fabulous Fords you can phone 626 914-3738, or go online at www.fordcarclubs.org (http://www.fordcarclubs.org).

Jacostang
03-08-09, 12:12 PM
Yes, we found this place in Upland when we were at Pomona.. It has the best pizza and Ice cold Beer plus home made Italian Ice Cream (Spamoni), Right off I-10!! When we wnt in the owner was speaking Italian and it was like being back home....Mama!

05mustangman
03-08-09, 03:33 PM
nice im from upland i lived there for 17 years. lol.

Jacostang
04-12-09, 09:39 PM
Getting close who's comming with us?? Meeting at Litchfield and I-10 at 10 am Friday Morning!! Just north on the west side Mobil on the run next to Denny's..

Torchmach
04-12-09, 10:30 PM
I am off from work this week, getting my 88' GT ready for the trip. Just had a new steering rack, outer tie-rod ends, and P/S pump installed over the weekend. More to come, over the next few days.

I will be running off maps with our route, addresses, the stops, mileages, and Dave, and my cell phone #'s on them. No need for worring about getting lost in traffic,we are going to do this one right.

hutnik
04-14-09, 07:19 PM
Dave i plan on meeting up with y'all friday morning.Bringing the newest edition to the family.Any idea as to how many confirmed cars are going?:biglaugh:

Torchmach
04-15-09, 01:55 PM
Dave i plan on meeting up with y'all friday morning.Bringing the newest edition to the family.Any idea as to how many confirmed cars are going?:biglaugh:

I hope you that means the '93 Cobra!

Maybe we will be able to park all the Foxes lined up by year, for a photo Op before leaving Denny's................Or Dave could wait untill His Brother in Pennsylvania is through restoring the '79 Pace Car replica. Park all of his Foxes diagonally on the curb in front of his house, and post the Pic's.

For those into GPS navagation, the address for the Denny's we are meeting at is;

1218 N. Litchfield Road, Goodyear, AZ 85338

Jacostang
04-15-09, 08:18 PM
Not exactly sure how many but a good group for sure!!!

Torchmach
04-20-09, 10:18 AM
We made it back from Knott's late last night. There were 6-7 CMC Mustangs at the show, including the only Mustang II, entered. Overall attendance was down probably 15-20%, but there were still lots of quality Cars to be seen.

Hopefully the economy will be better next year, and we will have a big turnout of AZ Cars. Dave's Pizza Place in Upland is one of those neighborhood hole-in-wall resturaunts with great food, at a fair price, with lots of real Italian hospitality, we'll be back next year.

Blackmagic1
04-22-09, 09:32 AM
Any more pics from Knotts ? How many cars there ? etc.? :dunno: