PDA

View Full Version : advantages of headers?

02stangGT
01-11-09, 07:51 PM
i have a bassani x off road and bassani catback. so i have good air flow right? so would headers be worth it or no?

Sqrlnts
01-11-09, 08:10 PM
i have a bassani x off road and bassani catback. so i have good air flow right? so would headers be worth it or no?

No, contrary to popular belief and the magazines, your engine will not benefit from headers.....itsa myth, they will only burn spark plug wires....

:biglaugh:

Sorry man couldn't resisit the kidney punch...

Think of your engine like an air pump. You got inlets and outlets any modification is fine but its usually a COMBO of the parts in a whole that make a difference. The pump will perform to the best its ability to the weakest (most restrictive) component. So to me like on your exhaust side (all upgraded, cept headers) is being held back by the stock exhaust manifolds. Headers should benefit you.
Peace.

Torchmach
01-11-09, 08:35 PM
Ford has been porting the exhaust manifolds to matchup to the head exhaust ports with the Modular Motors. I have heard that on the Mach 1's you will see a gain of 3-5 Hp with Bassani mid-lengths, after spending $750-$800 for the headers, install costs on top of that ,if you don't want to do the PIA job yourself. Your Car will sound great though.

There are beter places to spend your money.

BurnTire
01-11-09, 08:44 PM

Not worth the cost for your car at this point.

I still have stock manifolds.

02stangGT
01-12-09, 10:08 AM
okay thanks guys

Torchmach
01-12-09, 06:31 PM
okay thanks guys

Hope we didn't disappoint you. It is a hobby, and suppose to be fun, but there are a lot of parts out there in the aftermarket. With todays economy, you want to spend your money where you will get the most fun per $.

02stangGT
01-12-09, 07:46 PM
yeah i hear ya. and i just wanted to make sure that i wasnt hurting my car or anything.