PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

Brakelate
07-16-06, 12:13 AM
Hello All!

Thought I would finally properly introduce myself, since I've been lurking around here for a while now. BurnTire found me over at SoCalTerminators, where I am one of the Moderators.

I've owned many Mustangs over the years and have enjoyed the offerings from SVT in the last few years. I had an SVT Focus and an '01 Cobra as my last car. I primarily build my cars for Open Track events, but need them to be quick and reliable as well because I commute about 25k a year.

The '01 was coming along nicely, then I ran into the guys at SCT and was totally derailed and got into drag racing. The car eventually dyno'd at 309 Hp (N/A) and ran 12.8 at Los Angeles County Raceway (hometown track) and a best of 12.5 at Famoso Raceway near Bakersfield. I also got to run it at Inyo-Kern's airfield dragstrip before it closed, and the car saw plenty of track time at both the "Streets" and the Big Track at Willow Springs International Raceway. It was still running strong and getting 22 mpg when I sold it after nearly 80k on the clock.

Why sell it? I was fortunate enough to find an '03 DSG Coupe with only 2k on it about three weeks ago and had to have it. So I sold the '01 off to a close friend and finally had a Terminator after all these years! Within the first two weeks, the car is running a 2.90 pulley off a Predator tune, with a Magnaflow cat-back and drop in K&N (snorkle removed). It hasn't seen the strip yet, as I'm waiting for gears, to ease the pain on the clutch from launching on sticky tires.

I'm also a certified bike nut, and have ridden / raced pretty much anything with wheels and a set of handlebars. My current bike is an '04 Kawasaki ZX12-R with very light mods. So far, it's run a best of 10.4 at California Speedway dragstrip, and has run 10.5 at LACR. Me and my buddy with an modded '05 Hayabusa have a great time grudge racing for the title of quickest street bike (lightly modded, stock suspension) and do canyon rides whenever possible. The the bike puts down 165 Hp to the wheel, and I can't get into top speed "experiments" on a public forum. Let's just say :icon_eek:.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to sharing the build up of the new car and hearing everyone else's experiences. I'll post up some pics of my junk later in the weekend, as I'm at work right now.

There also has been some mention of a possible private track rental day later in the year, and that sounds like a fun goal to shoot for. A racing road trip may be just what the doctor ordered! Hope it works out and the weather cools.

Oh, and I just gotta say, those times listed from LACR are typically about 4/10ths slower than "corrected" numbers, as it's in the middle of a quarry and the heat and elevation just kill it. I just didn't want everyone to think I'm a slug. But, I'm sure any track in your heat has similar problems.

Sorry for the long post, but wanted to get it all out there.

:beerchug:

50 BMG
07-16-06, 02:08 PM
Welcome

u1arunit
07-16-06, 09:03 PM
Welcome to the site! :beerchug:

Brakelate
07-17-06, 12:42 PM
I hate to sound like a total newbie, but I went to post a grip of pics last night, and they are too big. I kept shrinking them down over and over, but they still are too big ?

What size image does it usually accept? I thought a 640x480 would do it, but no luck. :confused:

BurnTire
07-17-06, 03:08 PM
You need to host the pictures somewhere else (your IP or yahoo etc) and hyperlink them into your post. If you don't know how to do this let me know and I can give you some help. You can upload an avatar and a personal profile picture. In the near future I am going to add a picture gallery that will allow you to upload larger pictures.

Brakelate
07-18-06, 10:44 AM
Ok, I'll tinker with it and see what I can do.