PDA

View Full Version : new Edelbrock supercharger

princessturtle
01-26-09, 10:58 PM
Word round the camp fire is PSR is looking for a 2005+ mustang to install the new blower on and release some numbers to the public. if interested give Performance solutions a call

a lil info on the blower :woot1:
http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/superchargers/fuel_injected.shtml

ASUSMC
01-27-09, 12:01 AM
Congratulations btw...

princessturtle
01-27-09, 11:00 AM
Congratulations btw...
:bouncy::mrgreen:

Ethan
01-27-09, 01:32 PM
Same blower that Roush and everyone else uses. There is another shop in town making 550ish with it.

princessturtle
01-27-09, 02:34 PM
Same blower that Roush and everyone else uses. There is another shop in town making 550ish with it.

If you're talking that there is another shop in town with an Edelbrock blower, I think you're mistaken. The blower has yet to be released and is still in the progress of being tested on the East Coast. However, I could be wrong.

If you're talking about 550 HP from a Roush or Saleen blower, that's been done soooo many times before, it's no surprise.

The Edelbrock is supposed to be better and pull more HP out of lower boost. 460+ HP out of 5lbs of boost and fits it better than the others. The Saleen and Roush push 400+ on the same boost. This blower has the potential for more HP given higher boost vs the Roush or Saleen. Supposedly, which is why PSR is looking for a car. They would like to see whether they should carry the blower or if it's all hype.

princessturtle
01-27-09, 03:08 PM
Here's pics of the 3 blowers for anyone who doesn't already know.

roush blower
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=50049&stc=1&d=1210884561
s197 Saleen blower
http://www.saleencanada.com/english/images/supercharger_body.jpg
Edelbrock blower
http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/superchargers/img/main.jpg

Personally, I'm really interested to see how the set-up looks and what power can be pulled from it.

ChuckD
01-27-09, 06:44 PM
Its an Eaton. Same church, different pew. The internals are all the same on the 2.3s. What makes the difference is the casing and intake.

princessturtle
01-27-09, 08:04 PM
Well it does has eaton rotors. It uses the Eaton TVS rotors that are found on the Gt500 upgraded blower and the ZR1. Since they don't make eatons for the GT, then that's probably a good classification for it.

fazm
01-27-09, 08:27 PM
its not strictly on the east coast :)

princessturtle
01-27-09, 08:47 PM
there are 5 sets of the Edelbrock Prototypes currently in use. I assume ur speaking of one of those?

ChuckD
01-27-09, 11:39 PM
I call BS on their part. Each one uses the same rotor assembly, thus flows the same amount of air. What you dont see on the Edelbrock site is the air/fuel ratio. Even their dyno chart doesnt show if its flywheel or wheel hp. More than likely its flywheel, with that said, yes you could pull a few more horses with a more aggressive tune. Not saying Edelbrock doesn't make good stuff, its just that theirs is nothing revolutionary. Its a been there done that thing. Why Roush and Saleen are almost always the first for the Mustang is they are working hand in hand with Ford. Shoot the Roush little M90 roots blower (its been around forever) produces 445 flywheel hp. Remeber boost is a restriction, so don't just rely on that number for hp figures.

Ethan
01-28-09, 12:40 AM
The Roush blower is the same thing as the upgrade blower for the GT500. Roush just made an lower intake to bolt to 3v heads. All these new TVS blowers are the same thing just different castings. It'll make the same power as the Saleen and the Roush blower. Its a Saleen blower with a different upper plenum. Alot of hype for a blower that been around for a while.

princessturtle
01-28-09, 07:57 AM
which would be why PSR is getting one of the first production blowers and installing it on a car for a big discount off the retail price. to see if it's all hype or if there's real potential out there.

Jacostang
01-28-09, 01:53 PM
Ok do they still need a mule to test this baby??? My budy has an 08 Bullitt that he really wants a SC for it....

princessturtle
01-28-09, 02:05 PM
Ok do they still need a mule to test this baby??? My budy has an 08 Bullitt that he really wants a SC for it....

there's been a bunch of interest in it, but noone's put up the money yet. the only stipulation was that PSR had to install it. Have him give Ernie or Bill a call at the shop to get the details of what they are offering. 602.269.8955

Jacostang
01-28-09, 02:38 PM
Cool Beans Will do!!!

Casey39er
01-28-09, 03:49 PM

The 08 Bullitt would be a badass platform for that blower.

Ethan
01-28-09, 05:01 PM
Why would a company like Edelbrock need to field test this supercharger. They should be able to engineer,produce, and test a product in house.

ChuckD
01-28-09, 06:55 PM
True. Plus anytime I have heard of a company ask for a car to do research with it was done free to the owner. I am not bashing anyone but thats been my experiance.

princessturtle
01-28-09, 07:30 PM
Word round the camp fire is PSR is looking for a 2005+ mustang to install the new blower on and release some numbers to the public. if interested give Performance solutions a call

a lil info on the blower :woot1:
http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/superchargers/fuel_injected.shtml

If you're talking that there is another shop in town with an Edelbrock blower, I think you're mistaken. The blower has yet to be released and is still in the progress of being tested on the East Coast. However, I could be wrong.

If you're talking about 550 HP from a Roush or Saleen blower, that's been done soooo many times before, it's no surprise.

The Edelbrock is supposed to be better and pull more HP out of lower boost. 460+ HP out of 5lbs of boost and fits it better than the others. The Saleen and Roush push 400+ on the same boost. This blower has the potential for more HP given higher boost vs the Roush or Saleen. Supposedly, which is why PSR is looking for a car. They would like to see whether they should carry the blower or if it's all hype.

which would be why PSR is getting one of the first production blowers and installing it on a car for about half the retail price. to see if it's all hype or if there's real potential out there.

Why would a company like Edelbrock need to field test this supercharger. They should be able to engineer,produce, and test a product in house.

Please tell where in the world you got that PSR was TESTING the Edelbrock blower for Edelbrock?? Please explain why you would even believe that they (Edelbrock) would contract out and CHARGE a random person to install a prototype blower??? Or any point where I MENTIONED or INTENDED that PSR was placing anything less than a FULLY tested and funtional blower on a customer car????

Read Ethan, please read, get an idea of what I am trying to say, before putting an opinion forth. It would make my life easier.

I don't know if this has to do anything with your opinion on PSR or if this is ur honest, unbiased opinion. I do apologize if you have an issue with PSR, but please, get the **** over it if so. I also will apologize if I sound mean or may sound as if I'm overreacting or don't like you, however all patience I have went out the door with the non-existence of food intake happening on my part.

BTW: for those that have said there's an Edelbrock blower (prototype or production) in Az, Jason Snyder of Edelbrock, who PSR has been in constant contact with, has said otherwise.

hpmotzd
01-28-09, 08:38 PM
I called them this morning and the cost to the person who decides to do it is $6300.00. I guess my question was, why would I pay that much to have my car used as advertising and/or a guinea pig?
BTW, when it comes to actual testing, Edelbrocks website says you get whatever they test on your car free. PSR may or may not have been using it for testing, I guess I still thought it was a bit steep.

princessturtle
01-28-09, 08:41 PM
I give up. Noone seems to actually read the shit posted. :wacky1:

ChuckD
01-28-09, 09:23 PM
6300 was that from PSR or Edelbrock?. And its not noone reads what is posted. It more of a wtf why try to reinvent the wheel when there is something that is out the already. In todays economy its not a good thing. I am not saying this as a gig to PSR but to Edelbrock. How about coming out with something new and original. Thats like companies saying they are going to come up with an aftermarket head for the 4.6 2V. They are finding that its hard to compete with a set of ported PI heads and remain cost effective. Twisted Wedge is supposed to come out with some this year, but how much more power will they produce compaired to the cost.

princessturtle
01-28-09, 09:33 PM
i wasn't speaking of anything other than the testing comments in my last post.

6300 is FULLY installed with dyno numbers from PSR. When the blower retails for 6k, it's not too bad of a price. A whipple, saleen, or roush will cost just as much if not more for the blower WITHOUT install.

The blower is being sold at cost and the install is the only thing that PSR is making money off of. It's not entirely uncommon for PSR to get in a new product (fully tested production product) and put it on a customer's car for at cost plus installation. They've done it before with comp clutches. Fernando (06GT), Charlie (boosted SVT) and a couple others have had the comp clutches.

It's not for advertising purposes, it's not for testing purposes. It's PSR's way of seeing how the product works and if it's worth carrying. They've seen issues with products such as JLT and instead of being held liable for installing crappy parts, have instead refused to carry it. It's something they do to ensure that they have the absolute best products on the market and have valid opinions from experience, not just what they read of other people's work.

princessturtle
01-28-09, 09:37 PM
An example is the JLT intakes. Do a good search on the internet. You will find that some people say it's an absolute awesome product. While there are people on this site, as well as PSR who have experienced different results. This is probably due to our extremem heat, however it's still something that needs to be taken into consideration BEFORE spending money to make a purchase. You can't exactly go off of if the JLT intake malfunctioned in Colorado vs here, since the heat is a factor in it's imperfections.

As for the blower: It's not experimentation because it's going to be placed on cars, it's already been tested. PSR would just simply like to ensure that it's worth it before selling it or recommending it. If it turns out that it's no different than the Saleen or Roush Blower, it comes cheaper and it's no harm done, but it won't be recommended except as an equally fit alternative to those products.

Ethan
01-28-09, 09:49 PM
LOL, I could care less that Dan and everyone at Psr does. Im not even in the Aftermarket game anymore. Im just saying it alot of hype about a blower thats been out for the last year! It will make the same power as all the other "TVS" blowers out there. Oh and congrats on the baby!

princessturtle
01-28-09, 09:57 PM
thanks ethan. :)

Dan
01-30-09, 06:19 PM