PDA

View Full Version : lost on car issue

Ruckus46gt
02-03-09, 10:48 AM
Friends 97 cobra idles perfectly, revs up fine, but over 1/2 throttle keeps on breaking up. As the car heats up you can give it less and less throttle before it starts to break up. Put it in nuetral and rev it and the car is fine and again at idle its fine. Its throwing a code for lean bank two (forgot what o2 sensor that is). Car does have mil elims. What do you think bad mil, bad o2, bad maf, or coil packs. Car runs pig rich its not a lean break up you can smell the fuel

ASUSMC
02-03-09, 11:13 AM
Is it maybe a plug issue or coil packs? Sounds like it may not be getting enough spark when hot. Probably wouldn't be too much of an issue with no load but with the additional timing added with a load may not allow it to ignite.

Ruckus46gt
02-03-09, 11:28 AM
Is it maybe a plug issue or coil packs? Sounds like it may not be getting enough spark when hot. Probably wouldn't be too much of an issue with no load but with the additional timing added with a load may not allow it to ignite.

plugs and wires were changed out not long before the issue started( maybe a 500 to 1000 before )

ASUSMC
02-03-09, 11:37 AM
What wires were used? Are the wires run on top of the alternator or underneath/behind?

ChuckD
02-03-09, 12:09 PM
I am with you on the wire routing. I got in a hurry on the ploder and had a wire touching the alt. and it would do the same thing. Also was the gap of the plugs checked before install? At this point you might be able to pull the plugs to narrow it down to a cylinder then swap the coil to the other side and see if it throws it on that side.

97desertCobra
02-05-09, 07:16 PM
You should also check your gaps on the spark plugs. They may have changed after the install due to heating and cooling cycles.

Lubracano
02-05-09, 08:20 PM
I'm thinking a possible bad cat or cats.

Phx99Cobra
02-13-09, 11:39 PM
I had problems in mine with a left bank o2 sensor code showing...To make a long story short I have a wire interuption were my cpu attached inside the fender well....Has he ever had the car tuned or does he have any type of air/fuel hook up?

Ruckus46gt
02-14-09, 12:56 AM
it was what I thought it was from day one which was a bad maf.

ASUSMC
02-14-09, 10:25 AM
Thats good news.