PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

matt
07-26-06, 11:52 AM
Had the Cobra out, last night, for one last joy ride before J comes to pick it up next week. Note, I live in the middle of nowhere, one and a quarter mile north of Carefree Highway. For the first mile of 24th street there are no homes thanks to Government State Trust Land. So being the level headed guy I am I decide to open her up. To do this I will need to pass a redneck Cheby truck. Turn off Carefree Hwy going north on 24th street, I verify no oncoming traffic and proceed to pass said truck at WOT. I don't let up and see the truck vanish in my mirror. As I approach the cattle guard, approximately one mile up the road, I ease off the throttle and begin to break, bringing my car's speed to the legal limit. Cross the cow trap and proceed the next quarter mile to my dirt alley way turn off. I take it real easy down the dirt path, as it is not kind to my car, and notice someone has turned behind me. As I turn in my driveway I see the redneck truck pull up to the driveway and the look on this lady's face could kill. I lean out my window and get a scolding like a three year old. What would you do?

:bash: or :furious: or just :mrgreen:

Dave
07-26-06, 01:25 PM
If she didnt say anything then I would just wave at her if she started to bitch then I would go off

BurnTire
07-26-06, 01:49 PM
I would laugh and tell her to have a nice day. It is not illegal to pass someone.

BurnTire
07-26-06, 01:50 PM
Had the Cobra out, last night, for one last joy ride before J comes to pick it up next week.

:bash: or :furious: or just :mrgreen:

Who is J?

matt
07-26-06, 02:00 PM
It is not illegal to pass someone
She was pissed because I probably went by her at 70+ and proceeded to about 140.

Who is J?
Guy buying my Cobra.:eek: He is from Wisconsin and should pick it up either the first or second of August. I will be telling Jason about the sight as soon as we meet.

BurnTire
07-26-06, 02:18 PM
Do I have to start a mini forum now. LOL

matt
07-26-06, 02:59 PM
Do I have to start a mini forum now. LOL
Nah! I just slap some cobra badges on it all will be good

Ricer in training.

:chair:

evil04cobra
07-28-06, 08:43 AM
Mehhh

It happens. Take it with a grain of salt. My last good ass chewing from a concerned motorist was actually quite comical, and in hindsight, also quite desrerved.

Parker

50 BMG
07-28-06, 09:43 AM
Here's what I'd do/have done:

Lean out the window and say "As a concerned motorist, write down my plate number. The next time you see me pass you and speed off, feel free to turn me in."

-Thanks for your time and concern granny. Good luck changing the rest of the world.

Dalamar
08-11-06, 05:58 PM
Here's what I'd do/have done:
-Thanks for your time and concern granny. Good luck changing the rest of the world.
That's funny.

You could have listened to her rant, then say "you're absolutely right"
then do a Brake stand burn out for about 30 seconds and take off down the road.

matt
08-11-06, 11:03 PM
I probably won't have this problem to much more. The Mini doesn't rip the heads off of people I'm passing like the Cobra did. :lol: