PDA

View Full Version : Pavilion's...

unclejim
07-28-06, 11:25 AM
Do any of you CMC Members go to the Pavilions Car Show on Saturday nights? It is held at McDonald's near Indian Bend Road & the 101 Loop East.

Also, is my being on this forum membership in the CMC or do I need to apply elswhere?

Later...

BurnTire
07-28-06, 11:44 AM
Do any of you CMC Members go to the Pavilions Car Show on Saturday nights? It is held at McDonald's near Indian Bend Road & the 101 Loop East.

Also, is my being on this forum membership in the CMC or do I need to apply elswhere?

Later...

The club homepage is http://www.copperstatemustangclub.com/
Being on this forum is not automatic membership.
You can download an application there. They have about 450 members from classics owners to the latest and greatest mustangs.
Yes some of their members go to the Pavilions.

Jacostang
07-28-06, 10:27 PM
Uncle Jim, Like Burn Tire said we do have a group that goes quite often but not as many when its 105 at 8pm and we do have several events that end up at pavillions. Later and hope to see you!!

silverstanggt500
08-09-06, 01:13 PM
I have a question to people who have gone oout to the Pavillions. My father went one weekend without me after not going out there for many years and was turned away at the car show by two people waiting at the entrances of the parking lot and told him his car was not top quality so he couldnt be in the car show, his car isnt a hundred thousand dollar car but it is of good quality just has a few minor things to adjust. Now where does it say your car has to be top quality to be in a show where people just come to hang out and look at each others cars. There is no charge entering or anything, just come hang out. My family members and friends have decided never to return to the pavillions because of this incident.

BurnTire
08-09-06, 01:17 PM
I have a question to people who have gone oout to the Pavillions. My father went one weekend without me after not going out there for many years and was turned away at the car show by two people waiting at the entrances of the parking lot and told him his car was not top quality so he couldnt be in the car show, his car isnt a hundred thousand dollar car but it is of good quality just has a few minor things to adjust. Now where does it say your car has to be top quality to be in a show where people just come to hang out and look at each others cars. There is no charge entering or anything, just come hang out. My family members and friends have decided never to return to the pavillions because of this incident.

I never heard of anything like this happening.
What kind of car does he have?
What section was he trying to go into?
You go always park in the rear section " Where all the mustangs park" if they don't let you into one of the front sections.

silverstanggt500
08-09-06, 01:51 PM
He drives a blue 1963 Plymouth Savoy. He was just showing up and going to find a spot to go to, like I said he hadnt been there in years so he decided to go there for old times sake. We go to the one on 83rd Ave and Beardsley on Saturday nights now, and sometimes to the one on 35th ave and Northern on Friday nights. I am getting ready to take my car out there with him also.

BurnTire
08-09-06, 02:10 PM
He drives a blue 1963 Plymouth Savoy. He was just showing up and going to find a spot to go to, like I said he hadnt been there in years so he decided to go there for old times sake. We go to the one on 83rd Ave and Beardsley on Saturday nights now, and sometimes to the one on 35th ave and Northern on Friday nights. I am getting ready to take my car out there with him also.

Upload some pictures to the gallery if you have any.

silverstanggt500
08-09-06, 03:17 PM
I dont have any pictures of the cars yet, but I will be soon.

Jacostang
08-09-06, 03:55 PM
The spots in the main lot west of McDonals is reserved at times to car/club nights, I know one night I parker my 2000Gt in with the "vintage" cars and they made me move. There is a guy that walks around "Little NAZI" who looks for stuff like this. We even had to alter our flyers that did not include a saturday night event that would "conflict" with their show! I don't care what kind of car or what shape its in, you should be able to park your car. Friends can reserve spots until 4pm I think but its getting to the point of insanity. I really like going but the next time this guy pushes my button he goin to get a PIttsburgh Italian Special.

silverstanggt500
08-09-06, 05:02 PM
A guy my dad grew up with we found out from last weekend that he had taken his 71 Mach 1 Mustang there one night and he had two guys come over and start yelling at him for parking in the Corvette section, he told them there was no signs and they said they havent gotten any yet. They threatened to tow his car if he didnt move it, it almost got physical and a security guard from the Mcdonalds asked him calmly to move his car, he decided to just never go there again. I have been hearing nothing but bad reports about the people over there. It seems like its turning into a bunch of snobs who think they are the best.

Jacostang
08-09-06, 05:20 PM
I know what you mean! Whatever happened to the relaxed atmosphere to just hang out with other car people? Its getting to be a joke. I would like to see just how they would justify towing a vehicle out of there, now that would be funny!

BurnTire
08-09-06, 05:32 PM
I really like going but the next time this guy pushes my button he goin to get a PIttsburgh Italian Special.

Now your talking!!

BurnTire
08-09-06, 05:33 PM
I know what you mean! Whatever happened to the relaxed atmosphere to just hang out with other car people? Its getting to be a joke. I would like to see just how they would justify towing a vehicle out of there, now that would be funny!

I never really had any problems there. But if things are getting bad there are always other places to organize car shows.

silverstanggt500
08-09-06, 08:09 PM
I think a place to have a car show like the pavillions would be at the new Cardinals Stadium. Its out here by my house and the parking is incredible. But if not there are other places. I remember going to the pavillions when i was little and having a great time, but not anymore. The people out there buy their cars, they dont build them.

Olivas
08-09-06, 08:33 PM
There is going to be a car show inside the new Cardinals stadium in September. Check out http://www.fordsouthwest.com/main.html

silverstanggt500
08-09-06, 08:34 PM
Yeah I had already seen that, but I meant like on a weekly basis.

AZSonicSnake
08-10-06, 09:33 PM
agreed, it would be nice to get something new going on a weekly basis....

silverstanggt500
08-11-06, 09:34 AM
Hey we should do something like they were doing not too long ago like the cruise on central. Those were so fun, its too bad those fools were ruining it by always burning out in the street and the police shutting down the road. What woudl be a good street like central that we could substitue for that?

Torchmach
08-12-06, 06:58 PM
I really like going but the next time this guy pushes my button he goin to get a PIttsburgh Italian Special.

Naaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!! Lets just stuff Him into the trunk of one of our Cars,(one without an internal release) and find a nice rough road to drive up and down for 20-30 minutes.

BurnTire
08-12-06, 11:54 PM
Naaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!! Lets just stuff Him into the trunk of one of our Cars,(one without an internal release) and find a nice rough road to drive up and down for 20-30 minutes.

Ok I see we have some mafia members on board. LOL

C0braFan
08-21-06, 01:37 AM
Man that sounds horrible. Glad I haven't wasted gas going out to the Pavilions. What a bunch of jerks. that isn't the kind of show I'd ever want to go to anyways.

Last few months I been going up to the Safeway at 83rd Ave north of Union Hills. This is the best and friendliest show I've ever attended, with probably 200+ cars showing up, 6:30 to 9:00 PM or so. It's really a great place to go relax, check out all kinds of Mustangs old and new. Last night some older fellow drove in a 2007 GT500, and a GT-H popped by for an hour or so. I bring my whole family to this thing, the kids love it. Here's a photo. This is one of 4-5 rows.

http://www.jharbour.com/show1.jpg

It was eye opening to see the GT500 in person for the first time. It had a Sanderson label on it. The exhaust sounded lame, the suspension looks even higher than a stock GT (with the black trim on the bottom), and I have to say if it wasn't very impressive like I thought it would be. I was expecting more after all the hype and bid wars. If I can ever afford one, I'll be modifying the crap out of it because they are just plain boring in stock trim.

BurnTire
08-21-06, 01:07 PM
I wonder how much that guy paid over sticker for his GT 500.

C0braFan
08-21-06, 01:20 PM
Unless he's related to or in management at Sanderson, he definitely paid $15-20k over sticker, because that's what they're pulling on eBay. I've been watching auctions for 6 months now, and they're always in the high 50s with a few days to go, and average about 62 for a coupe. Most dealeships are selling the complete car now after delivery so they can show it. I've heard some listed for 30k over sticker in the showroom at some dealers.

HOWEVER, if I had the money, I would buy one, so I don't begrudge those people who own one. I would definitely customize it though. That thing desperately needs lowering springs and color matched pillar window louvers. IMO, the stock GT500 is a starting point, not a turn-key car. But most "collectors" will leave them stock. Who cares...just keep the old equipment in storage. :)

BurnTire
08-21-06, 01:35 PM
I have the money and I would never ever pay over sticker for a car. I remember when the 03 cobras came out and they were charging 5-10k over sticker and people paid it. I got my 04 for invoice with a 3k rebate on top of it. The time will come when the GT 500 price comes down to reality.

HanksGT
08-24-06, 11:33 PM
Ok I see we have some mafia members on board. LOL

There is no such thing as the Mafia. But I do belong to the Mothers And Fathers Italian Association!

Car Shows: We have gone to 83rd and Beardsley. It is growing and people seem to be friendly. No McD nazi's. I think it is more people that build their cars than write checks for them.

BurnTire
08-25-06, 12:16 AM
Sounds like a good place to go.

C0braFan
08-25-06, 11:53 AM
I look forward to seeing you guys tomorrow night, then! I've been going regularly, but miss a weekend now and then when work piles up. This is the only show I do now--it's that much fun. And the great thing is, there are no cliques. Pretty much, everyone mixes & mingles and park wherever you want.