PDA

View Full Version : turbo kit

02stangGT
03-10-09, 09:32 AM
i was looking on the web and found this! what you guys think?
http://on3performance.com/mustanggt.html

fazm
03-10-09, 10:08 AM
i was looking on the web and found this! what you guys think?
http://on3performance.com/mustanggt.html

i hate companies that give you a price for a kit, then tell you you have to buy nearly 2 grand more in other stuff to make it work lol

WildBill
03-10-09, 10:44 AM
There's a LOT to finish out a turbo SYSTEM.
It seems that this system is built around the QA1 k-member. I dislike that K-member quite a lot.
Do you just want something to install yourself?

Why don't you stop by the shop and let's discuss your goals with the car and we can give you a better realistic idea what this project will actually run ya with this turbo kit or a fully custom kit that we can fab for your car.
Ph# is in my sig.

WildBill
03-10-09, 10:45 AM
i hate companies that give you a price for a kit, then tell you you have to buy nearly 2 grand more in other stuff to make it work lol

MOST all do that..........some call them OPTIONS! LOL!

fazm
03-10-09, 01:33 PM
MOST all do that..........some call them OPTIONS! LOL!

mine came complete, then again it wasnt advertised for 1800, not even close (almost 5)

02stangGT
03-10-09, 08:16 PM
i was thinking about buying that kit but have changed my mind. i just saw it out there and just wanted to see what you guys thought lol. my dream goal for my car is to buy this http://shop.torktech.com/non-intercooledsuperchargerkitforthe99-04mustanggt-clickformoreinfo.aspx

anyone hear anything about this? been reading a lot into this! just saving up!

IMSHAKN
03-10-09, 08:37 PM
Whatever you do, don't be skimp on important features. Out here, you couldn't pay me to run a non-intercooled setup like that.

fazm
03-10-09, 08:46 PM
exactly, non intercooled in az isnt the smartest choice

WildBill
03-10-09, 09:10 PM
Whatever you do, don't be skimp on important features. Out here, you couldn't pay me to run a non-intercooled setup like that.

Exactly!!!!.............and just say no to METH!:icon_cool:

IMSHAKN
03-10-09, 09:11 PM
Exactly!!!!.............and just say no to METH!:icon_cool:

Exactly, cool her down with nitrous...

KIDDING :biglaugh:

evil281
03-10-09, 09:11 PM
ive heard great things about tork tech and they do offer an intercooled setup, only problem i saw was your stock hood would have to go

WildBill
03-10-09, 09:16 PM
Exactly, cool her down with nitrous...

KIDDING :biglaugh:
LOL!!!

ive heard great things about tork tech and they do offer an intercooled setup, only problem i saw was your stock hood would have to go
I've yet to see one in person. Until then, I'll hold my opinions.
You can keep your stock hood. Ya just have to add the extended hood scoop looks like.

02stangGT
03-10-09, 09:20 PM
whats wrong with meth injection?

IMSHAKN
03-10-09, 09:24 PM
whats wrong with meth injection?

Personally my biggest beef would be reliability. Run out or lose a pump and watch those IATs start climbing. Spicy!

WildBill
03-10-09, 09:48 PM
Personally my biggest beef would be reliability. Run out or lose a pump and watch those IATs start climbing. Spicy!

Exactly!
You have to account in the tune for the meth being added as FUEL. Even at 50/50 mix Meth is very corrosive. Even with Snow's new little safeguard system, it's just not safe enough to rely on in the event of pump failure, clogging or just plain running out when needed under boost and the a/f goes lean.

evil281
03-11-09, 05:30 PM
Ya just have to add the extended hood scoop looks like.

thats exactly y i said the hood has to go lol

97desertCobra
03-15-09, 06:07 PM
Exactly!
You have to account in the tune for the meth being added as FUEL. Even at 50/50 mix Meth is very corrosive. Even with Snow's new little safeguard system, it's just not safe enough to rely on in the event of pump failure, clogging or just plain running out when needed under boost and the a/f goes lean.

+1. Good you added the corrosive bit in there too. Most people have no idea what cylinder heads look like after awhile of running meth. In my opinion a person is better off getting a street tune with a moderate boost level and pump gas and a race tune with plenty of boost and race gas than risk all the above.

WildBill
03-15-09, 11:24 PM
+1. Good you added the corrosive bit in there too. Most people have no idea what cylinder heads look like after awhile of running meth. In my opinion a person is better off getting a street tune with a moderate boost level and pump gas and a race tune with plenty of boost and race gas than risk all the above.

It's sooooooo much more simple that way!:pinkthumb: