PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Results -- Need Input!

Mach
03-13-09, 11:32 PM
So I went down and got the car dyno'd today on a dyno jet. I attached the sheet below. Its running the brenspeed 91 tune so it is very conservative. The guys that did the dyno kept talking me in circles and saying I need to come in for a custom tune...I dunnno...went to some other more friendly guys and showed them the paper and he agreed he could tweak it and make some more power. My question is...an hour at $105 for tuning...will it be safe still....or should I leave as is?

Here is a link to the full size picture..

http://machinsanity.com/Dyno_AZchip_03-13-09.jpg

I am more concerned with whether the tuning and everything looks good. Then the possibility of some higher numbers and still being very safe on the stock engine.

AZSonicSnake
03-14-09, 12:24 AM
with any mods at all i would suggest tuning. otherwise you are not using your after market parts to thier full potantial.

Blackmagic1
03-14-09, 09:32 AM
with any mods at all i would suggest tuning. otherwise you are not using your after market parts to thier full potantial.
I agree ! I have the brenspeed tune too, then had it "tweaked" Nice improvement :pepper:

billyboss
03-14-09, 09:42 AM
I have a brenspeed tune on my car also,it runs great,drives great,still gets good fuel milage,out runs similar cars with more done to them, brenspeeds philosophy isn't max numbers, it is consistant numbers throughout the entire rpm range, it isn't always about the big number on the dyno

Wharf Rat
03-14-09, 09:44 AM
+5,264,587 on getting the tune. Your setup has a lot more in it and you are no where close to having to worry about having too much power for your stock shortblock.

WildBill
03-14-09, 12:00 PM
So I went down and got the car dyno'd today on a dyno jet. I attached the sheet below. Its running the brenspeed 91 tune so it is very conservative. The guys that did the dyno kept talking me in circles and saying I need to come in for a custom tune...I dunnno...went to some other more friendly guys and showed them the paper and he agreed he could tweak it and make some more power. My question is...an hour at $105 for tuning...will it be safe still....or should I leave as is?

Here is a link to the full size picture..

http://machinsanity.com/Dyno_AZchip_03-13-09.jpg

I am more concerned with whether the tuning and everything looks good. Then the possibility of some higher numbers and still being very safe on the stock engine.

With your mods, you're running a canned tune?
I'd like to see the transition from closed loop to open loop to be a bit quicker.
The a/f seems reasonable for a SC vehicle.
Be that as it may. The most important question is how is the driveability?
ANYONE can tune for WOT, but you don't spend most of your time at WOT!:icon_cool:
Since you didn't give us much info on what psi you were running, what kind intercooler or any data logs, below is my best advice.
IF you have NO ISSUES with driveability, then I suggest to leave well enough alone. If you want to actually see if you have anything left on the table and/or drivability can be improved, please feel free to call the shop and schedule a dyno eval with some datalogging to see if we can improve upon your tune.

AZSonicSnake
03-14-09, 05:20 PM
I have a brenspeed tune on my car also,it runs great,drives great,still gets good fuel milage,out runs similar cars with more done to them, brenspeeds philosophy isn't max numbers, it is consistant numbers throughout the entire rpm range, it isn't always about the big number on the dyno

sounds like the exact same way that Devin @ PSR tunes. its not about the big numbers, its about making reliable, consistant power. i having been very happy with the total drivability of my car, and its performance at the track since he tweaked it.

Mach
03-14-09, 09:31 PM
I went back over to Casey at Haney Motorsports, he did the install, and we spent about 4 hours doing runs and data logging with the xcal. Ended up adding 2 degrees of timing to the top and middle and took 2% fuel out. Runs strong and everything is fine. I too was more worried about the driveablility and the safety more so than the numbers. So I think we got everything ironed out