PDA

View Full Version : Ford Day @ Speedworld 3/29

Wharf Rat
03-22-09, 11:04 AM
I'm in. Anyone else going?

Super FORD Sunday!

Time: 9:00 AM Details:
Welcome Speedworld first every "FORD DAY"! Sponsor by Ford. If you have a Ford this day is for you!
Gates Open at 9am, racing starts at 10am.
Spectator Admission: $10
12 & under free
Racers:
$40.00-
FORD VS "ALL OTHERS"! If you are anything other than a Ford come out and line up and race a Ford!
$40.00-
FORD Pro Light Open Bracket Class
$40.00-
FORD Full Tree Open Bracket Class
$20.00-
FORD Street Tire Trophy Class
$20.00-
FORD Slick Tire Trophy Class
*NOTE: Ford is any Body or Engine Combinaiton
$20.00-
FORD CAR SHOW w/ 3 Awards
$40.00-
FORD Swap Meet
Dash Plaques to the 1st 100 Participants!
Call office for any questions; 623 388-0039

billyboss
03-22-09, 12:07 PM
I'm going what class do you think? full tree open bracket maybe, hopefully it won't be too warm out

Wharf Rat
03-22-09, 05:59 PM
Oddly enough, I'd probably be more consistant if it was just hot as hell and I ran hot all day every run.

But yeah, I'd say that's the class.

Side note: headers supposed to ship this week. :pepper:

Phx99Cobra
03-24-09, 06:50 PM
Oh man....I wis I could i will be in Cali for a Wedding :icon_cry:

TorchedMach1
03-24-09, 08:30 PM
Looks like I will be heading out!

03cobrazzz
03-24-09, 09:55 PM
i will be out there:woot2:

RobbieG.
03-30-09, 06:54 AM
I hope some of you guys and gals made it out there. What a great day of racing. I got to the semi's in both "street tire' (with my Red F-250 tow truck) and "Full Tree" slick tire class with my Mustang "Thunderhorse". The day went real well. No oil downs or major break downs. It was racing at its finest!!!:pepper:

billyboss
03-30-09, 07:18 AM
My day actually sucked,I could not get my car to hook up for some reason and all of a sudden I have an issue red lighting,but I still had a good time, and I did get to put a firebird away,oh and the free t-shirts are very cool

Wharf Rat
03-30-09, 04:42 PM
My day actually sucked,I could not get my car to hook up for some reason and all of a sudden I have an issue red lighting,but I still had a good time, and I did get to put a firebird away,oh and the free t-shirts are very cool

Same here. No traction for me and a -0.004 red, but still a good time and killer t-shirt.

Maybe we are just calibrated to the old timing system??? :doh:

RobbieG.
03-31-09, 06:44 AM
Wharf Rat....Do you have that Blue 427 roush Mustang? that car is SWEET!!!

Wharf Rat
03-31-09, 05:46 PM
Wharf Rat....Do you have that Blue 427 roush Mustang? that car is SWEET!!!

Yup that's me. THANKS!

If you want your own Sanderson has a pile of them that they are probably ready to give away.

rsnider
03-31-09, 06:47 PM
Sorry Guys,
I feel really bad about what happened Sunday. I should have known that I was on my way to breaking out when for the first time all day my car dead hooked at the line. I let off early, but still .07 too late.

The explanation from the track for a Firebird winning the Ford Street Tire Trophy Class was that it was the only non-Ford car there, so they took it out of the Ford vs Others class and put it in Street Tire... I know, I don't get it either.

I saw that Speedworld is having a "Pontiac Heaven" night. Maybe a bunch of us should show up and demand that we get the same rights and run in their Pontiac only class?

If any of you see the winner causing problems on any of the car sites let me know. I was nothing but pleasant to the driver. He should have no reason to bash the Ford crowd. If he is gratious, then good for him. He did do a good job of guessing his times all day considering he runs WAY faster than he was being forced to dial in due to the lack of a roll cage. It wasn't his fault that the track allowed him to change classes.

Maybe I'll see you next weekend,

Rick (03 Zinc yellow Mach 1)

RobbieG.
04-01-09, 05:52 AM
Hey Rick, you took me out in the semi's ...LOL (The Red Truck) I slept on the light and you cut a great one. Good Job!! :highfive:

WildBill
04-01-09, 10:01 AM
Sorry Guys,
I feel really bad about what happened Sunday. I should have known that I was on my way to breaking out when for the first time all day my car dead hooked at the line. I let off early, but still .07 too late.

The explanation from the track for a Firebird winning the Ford Street Tire Trophy Class was that it was the only non-Ford car there, so they took it out of the Ford vs Others class and put it in Street Tire... I know, I don't get it either.

I saw that Speedworld is having a "Pontiac Heaven" night. Maybe a bunch of us should show up and demand that we get the same rights and run in their Pontiac only class?

If any of you see the winner causing problems on any of the car sites let me know. I was nothing but pleasant to the driver. He should have no reason to bash the Ford crowd. If he is gratious, then good for him. He did do a good job of guessing his times all day considering he runs WAY faster than he was being forced to dial in due to the lack of a roll cage. It wasn't his fault that the track allowed him to change classes.

Maybe I'll see you next weekend,

Rick (03 Zinc yellow Mach 1)

Did you do Wild Bill Style burnouts?:biglaugh:
03 Mach1 automaitc - Video (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/03-Mach1-automaitc_151375.htm)

rsnider
04-03-09, 08:15 AM
Yepper! And no dry-hops, and I even remembered to raise the idle and clear the fuel. You taught me right.