PDA

View Full Version : So Firebird treated me well.......sort of

krazyazian
03-22-09, 11:40 AM
Ran my first ever 11 second pass yesterday (21 Mar). It was an 11.94@116. That was the good part! Now the bad! After I pull off to go get my timeslip I roll down the windows and hear a horrible grinding sound coming from my brakes. Well, upon further inspection I notice a 1/4 in. groove on the drivers side rear rotor. A buddy that went with me took me to Checker to get some new pads. I didn't want to chance it having to drive all the way back to Tucson. I guess powerbraking is truly rough on the rear brakes since I checked them 2 months ago and they were fine. I only drive the car on the weekends too. I've been putting off getting a linelock but now I think I'll invest in one.

Jacostang
03-22-09, 12:32 PM
Great run!!!

krazyazian
03-22-09, 01:16 PM
Thank you! I know the car can do better and I'm practicing/trying different things. All in all, even after the brake fiasco I still enjoyed myself.

AZSonicSnake
03-22-09, 04:23 PM
congrats on the time man! sounds like the track was good to you! sorry to hear about the brake problem, but atleast you got it handled.

ASUSMC
03-22-09, 05:09 PM
It must have been the gauge pod...

krazyazian
03-22-09, 05:40 PM
congrats on the time man! sounds like the track was good to you! sorry to hear about the brake problem, but atleast you got it handled.

Thanks Tony! At least the brake issue was something that was easily fixable. There were a couple cars that weren't so lucky and went out on tow trucks!

krazyazian
03-22-09, 05:45 PM
It must have been the gauge pod...

Unfortunately I've been broke so I haven't been able to buy the guages for it yet! :frown:

99_venom
03-22-09, 07:15 PM
Thanks Tony! At least the brake issue was something that was easily fixable. There were a couple cars that weren't so lucky and went out on tow trucks!
Mine didn't do as well, made a hot lap 12.01. But after a cool down my clutch produced a lot of smoke just off the line and kind of gave up. It will drive if you don't give it more than 1/4 throttle so I could drive it home.

Congrats on the first 11 second run Tati

fazm
03-22-09, 08:29 PM
nice time.

how bout some line locks?

BLK03SVT
03-22-09, 10:14 PM
Nice run! Someday I'll be in the 11's.....someday........

krazyazian
03-23-09, 05:47 PM
Congrats on the first 11 second run Tati

Thank you sir! It was a pleasure shooting the breeze with you and thanks again for the use of your padlock!

nice time.

how bout some line locks?

The SLP line lock is calling my name. If you saw my burnouts you'd understand why I need one! LOL

Nice run! Someday I'll be in the 11's.....someday........

My "someday" took forever! It honestly didn't feel like an 11 sec run (like I'd know what it's supposed to feel like!?)