PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable Clutch Quadrant

BurnTire
08-01-06, 10:14 PM
For those of you with an adjustable quadrant chime in on what you are using.

u1arunit
08-02-06, 08:41 AM
Fiore firewall adjuster and Steeda quadrant here.

matt
08-02-06, 09:48 AM
UPR firewall adjuster and UPR speed release quadrant. My recommendation is go with the Fiore and also get the LDC free play clutch kit.

matt
08-02-06, 09:54 AM
Double post

I suk at the inter-web

P Machy
08-03-06, 01:59 PM
Using the UPR Firewall Adj. & Tripple Hook....only complaint I have is the Adjuster. I need a semi large channel lock to make sure the ring is completely locked in so that it wont self adjust it self over time.

Tripple Hook is sweet since you have 3 options of where the clutch cable can be set at and all after market clutchs very, so it comes in handy.

Lucafu1
08-03-06, 11:28 PM
i use a steeda version with the stck cable. if i was to do it agian i would use the one modular depot sells. i also use the ldc kit and like it. not use any tiwian adj cables

Derek@DRI
08-04-06, 09:17 AM
Fiore hands down, thats what I use in my car. In stock and ready to ship!

Thanks,
Derek

BurnTire
08-04-06, 10:20 AM
Thanks for all the feedback guys.

BoneCrusher
08-28-06, 08:46 PM
Steeda for both quadrant and fw adjustor here. The adjustor is fine but if I had to do over again I'd go with the fiore...it's just plain sick.

BurnTire
08-28-06, 08:48 PM
I plan to go with the steeda and fiore setup.
I haven't decided on a clutch yet.

BoneCrusher
08-28-06, 08:53 PM
I plan to go with the steeda and fiore setup.
I haven't decided on a clutch yet.
I'll throw my 2 cents in on the clutch. I went from stock to the CF DF trying to maintain streetability. I see the drag strip maybe 5-10 times a year. Long story short the CF was junk and after a LONG fight with CF got them to replace the DF and then sold it. Put in a RAM HD after realizing that some streetability would have to be sacrificed and couldn't be happier. It grabs and holds like a mofo at the track and withstands all kind of abuse on the street. The best part is it is unbelieveably streetable. Granted sometimes if I'm not paying attention I'll get some chatter but this clutch is flay out awesome. My car dynoed at 502/507 RWHP/RWTQ.

BurnTire
08-28-06, 08:55 PM
I hear the new Spec 3+ is also a good choice.

SONIC03SNAKE
08-29-06, 09:58 AM
Steeda quadrant, upr extreeme firewall adjuster. Go with the Ram HD Jeff, you will love it.:beerchug:

BurnTire
08-29-06, 11:58 AM
Steeda quadrant, upr extreeme firewall adjuster. Go with the Ram HD Jeff, you will love it.:beerchug:
Any suggestions on a flywheel?

Ratt Fink
08-30-06, 05:19 PM
Any suggestions on a flywheel?

Yep, get one from Koval (KHP)... he has more than enough that he won't be using any more !! Really, I think he had an aluminum and a steel one.
Course, if you wanna go fast, get the steel !! :biggrin:

Wolfpack Speed
08-30-06, 05:45 PM
i was running a fiore firewall adjuster, steeda quick release quadrant, ldc clutch freeplay and a stock cable....no issues at all and worked perfectly!

vicious781
09-01-06, 02:00 AM
I got a Ram HD and am in DIRE need of a clutch quadrant! Can anyone recomend a good quadrant that works well with the HD? The UPR with the triple hook is sounding pretty good.

BurnTire
09-01-06, 02:02 AM
Yep, get one from Koval (KHP)... he has more than enough that he won't be using any more !! Really, I think he had an aluminum and a steel one.
Course, if you wanna go fast, get the steel !! :biggrin:

What is the benefit of steel over aluminum?

Wolfpack Speed
09-01-06, 08:10 AM
I got a Ram HD and am in DIRE need of a clutch quadrant! Can anyone recomend a good quadrant that works well with the HD? The UPR with the triple hook is sounding pretty good.

i was running a fiore firewall adjuster, steeda quick release quadrant, ldc clutch freeplay and a stock cable....no issues at all and worked perfectly!

thats all you need no matter what clutch your running. ramp pg hd is a great clutch by the way

AZTERMINATOR
09-12-06, 10:08 PM
JEFF; Steel will have more momentum , keeps the whole drive train turning between shifts, aluminum will rev a lot quicker, but has less momentum, you will feel the steel is more streetable, alum. for the strip for sure. I have the alum in my Roush, really revs quicker, picks up faster in the higher rpm's.

BurnTire
09-12-06, 11:07 PM
JEFF; Steel will have more momentum , keeps the whole drive train turning between shifts, aluminum will rev a lot quicker, but has less momentum, you will feel the steel is more streetable, alum. for the strip for sure. I have the alum in my Roush, really revs quicker, picks up faster in the higher rpm's.

Steel is for drag racing. (Will allow a harder hit on the drive train and increased 60 ft performance).
Aluminum is for road racing.

u1arunit
09-13-06, 01:24 PM
Steel is for drag racing. (Will allow a harder hit on the drive train and increased 60 ft performance).
Aluminum is for road racing.Steel with help ya scatter all kinds of parts all over the starting line easier. LOL

BurnTire
09-13-06, 02:17 PM
Steel with help ya scatter all kinds of parts all over the starting line easier. LOL

Thats good when I leave halfshafts on the line I will be motivated to do the solid. Then I will be launching on the rev limiter running way faster than that black garage queen in Quippa. :mrgreen:

P Machy
09-13-06, 03:10 PM
Thats good when I leave halfshafts on the line I will be motivated to do the solid. Then I will be launching on the rev limiter running way faster than that black garage queen in Quippa. :mrgreen:
Did you get an adjuster yet?

I personally believe the trans is the weakest point, but it all depends on how you launch that decides what is your weakest point....IMHO.

SONIC03SNAKE
09-13-06, 03:55 PM
Thata boy Jeff, :2thumbs:

BurnTire
09-13-06, 05:28 PM
Did you get an adjuster yet?

I personally believe the trans is the weakest point, but it all depends on how you launch that decides what is your weakest point....IMHO.

No I am waiting for Mr. UPS to show up.:icon_smile:
I went with a steeda double hook quad and a fiore adjuster.

u1arunit
09-13-06, 07:40 PM
Thats good when I leave halfshafts on the line I will be motivated to do the solid. Then I will be launching on the rev limiter running way faster than that black garage queen in Quippa. :mrgreen:Oh stop. You know that you will be calling me to walk you thru the install anyways. LOL

Thata boy Jeff, :2thumbs:Hey shouldn't you be out in the garage looking for crumbs under your seats so you can take more weight out of the Cobra? :laughing1: