PDA

View Full Version : 4/19/09 Cruise to Tucson

El Jefe
04-14-09, 11:56 AM
THIS SUNDAY

With Arizona Lightning Owners Club & Desert Street Cars

4/19/09

7a - Meet at Cracker Barrel In Phx for the drive to Tucson
9a - Meet at Pima A/S Museum(Valencia/I10)
12p - Mt Lemmon cruise/picnic/cookie shop/pizza(meet at Catalina Hwy/Tanque Verde)

Last cruise pic from 2 weeks ago. Should be more this time including several Lightnings:

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w264/GTABurnout/4-5-09%20Mt/4-5-09_1.jpg

Post up if you want to come and where you can meet along the route. PM me your cell phone if you aren't sure but still want to come. I will let AZLOC know if any of you want to meet with them at Cracker Barrell

1966PonyGirl
04-14-09, 12:01 PM
man! i cant wait till i stop working weekends. i LOVED that drive! have fun!

El Jefe
04-16-09, 12:13 PM
Ya what all did you get to do down here? You should try taking the turns at 65. So much fun :)

ASUSMC
04-16-09, 01:19 PM
I may go. Depends on if I end up looking at houses that day.

El Jefe
04-16-09, 01:25 PM
Let me know by Saturday at the latest!

1966PonyGirl
04-16-09, 05:47 PM
Ya what all did you get to do down here? You should try taking the turns at 65. So much fun :)

we did a bunch of random things! sat for like 3 min is super cold jacuzzi (that didnt last long.... so broken.), walked down 4th st (great people watching place!) uh... when to dancing at Hotel Congress.....i had a raging headache, but i could not stop laughing at the people there. (i know i am going to hades in a handbasket for that comment!)

There were still a few bits of snow on Mt Lemmon!!! we started driving toppless....(ha ha! its a convertable) then we stoped, took pics and put on hoodies... then had to stop again and put the top up because we had a few sissy la la's who didnt like the cold. those turns are sooooo freekin fun with a car that has breaks!...and powersteering...suspension.....can make trips longer then 40 miles....:woot1:

ASUSMC
04-17-09, 08:17 AM
we did a bunch of random things! sat for like 3 min is super cold jacuzzi (that didnt last long.... so broken.), walked down 4th st (great people watching place!) uh... when to dancing at Hotel Congress.....i had a raging headache, but i could not stop laughing at the people there. (i know i am going to hades in a handbasket for that comment!)

There were still a few bits of snow on Mt Lemmon!!! we started driving toppless....(ha ha! its a convertable) then we stoped, took pics and put on hoodies... then had to stop again and put the top up because we had a few sissy la la's who didnt like the cold. those turns are sooooo freekin fun with a car that has breaks!...and powersteering...suspension.....can make trips longer then 40 miles....:woot1:

You should try it in an IRS Cobra with a driver that knows what they are doing. Taking tight turns at a high rate of speed is a blast. Really gets the adrenaline running.

1966PonyGirl
04-17-09, 06:04 PM
You should try it in an IRS Cobra with a driver that knows what they are doing. Taking tight turns at a high rate of speed is a blast. Really gets the adrenaline running.

oooOOOOO baby! I WANTTHE COBRA TO DRIVE!!!!!! hee hee!