PDA

View Full Version : Today's posts

u1arunit
08-04-06, 07:49 PM
Jeff something cool that could be added is a button for "Today's Posts". It comes in handy for those times when you click New Posts and get interrupted and close the browser before you've read all the posts. Once you reopen the browser the New Posts are gone as it thinks you have read them all.

Am I making this clear? We had this feature on the SCS before the crash and burn.

BurnTire
08-05-06, 02:15 AM
Todays Post is under the first item under the Quicklinks on the Nav Bar.
You had it on the navbar on SCS? By the way what is going on with the site?
I could put a button on the nav bar. Really I would need to add a second nav bar the current one is getting a little full.
After the 6 hours I just spent getting things switched over to the new server. I have decided to go on strike for a little while. LOL

u1arunit
08-05-06, 07:21 PM
We had it on the top nav bar on SCS. No big deal, just a suggestion.

Eric is supposed to have Lou up and running "soon". Time will tell how long soon is. :)

BurnTire
08-05-06, 11:05 PM
We had it on the top nav bar on SCS. No big deal, just a suggestion.

Eric is supposed to have Lou up and running "soon". Time will tell how long soon is. :)
I sent an email to Lou. If soon never happens and the database is intact I would gladly move all the members and posts over here in a sub forum. This amount of downtime is bad for SCS.

u1arunit
08-06-06, 06:54 PM
They lost everything! No such thing as a backup.. It's sad.

BurnTire
08-06-06, 07:12 PM
That is screwed up.
Who was the admin?
I back up every couple of days to my PC.

u1arunit
08-06-06, 07:20 PM
It's a long story.. I will tell you about it some day.

BurnTire
08-06-06, 08:42 PM
So what is going to happen now?

u1arunit
08-06-06, 08:53 PM
We wait. I told you about the deal that they are going to work out with Eric. It's going to take time I guess.

BurnTire
08-06-06, 08:56 PM
Well if everything is lost he is starting over.

BurnTire
08-06-06, 09:01 PM
We wait. I told you about the deal that they are going to work out with Eric. It's going to take time I guess.

If you have a domain and a server you could have a standard vbulletin board up in running in about 1 hour. Look what I did in the past couple of days. Moved Servers and Upgraded software.

BurnTire
08-07-06, 01:59 PM
Jeff something cool that could be added is a button for "Today's Posts". It comes in handy for those times when you click New Posts and get interrupted and close the browser before you've read all the posts. Once you reopen the browser the New Posts are gone as it thinks you have read them all.

Am I making this clear? We had this feature on the SCS before the crash and burn.

Complete:icon_smile: