PDA

View Full Version : Hard to get into reverse.

crazy ray
04-21-09, 10:20 AM
There have been times that I have a hard time getting into reverse. It is to a point that it feels as though I going to break something in the trany. It doesn't happen all the time. But I have my concerns. Shifting thru the other gears are notchy.

silvrsvt
04-21-09, 10:46 AM
is the clutch properly adjusted?

WildBill
04-21-09, 11:57 AM
There have been times that I have a hard time getting into reverse. It is to a point that it feels as though I going to break something in the trany. It doesn't happen all the time. But I have my concerns. Shifting thru the other gears are notchy.

Put it in first gear and THEN go into reverse

BOOMSHAKALAKA
04-21-09, 12:44 PM
Yeah it's a Mustang thing. 1st then reverse sometimes works for me. But just let the clutch half way out then put her in reverse. Works every time for me.

AZSonicSnake
04-21-09, 02:25 PM
mine has been that was since the day i bought it. but the trick bill mentioned always seems to work.

crazy ray
04-21-09, 02:34 PM
Thanks, I'll give it a try tonight and let you know the outcome.

Mr. Austin
04-22-09, 12:02 AM
Im not new car guy. but out of curiosity why would that help the tranny go into reverse
?

99WhiteGT
04-22-09, 11:23 AM
Im not new car guy. but out of curiosity why would that help the tranny go into reverse
?

Someone correct me if im wrong but i believe its because if your trying to put it in reverse and the shafts are spinning to fast then it will be hard to shift, but if you put it into first gear first it will slow down the shafts so that you can put it in reverse easily