PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine Soon Light/O2 Sensor

BOOMSHAKALAKA
04-24-09, 11:06 AM
So my check engine soon light came on this morning so I went down to the Auto Zone to see what it was.
PO133. Slow Response (heated oxygen sensor bank 1, sensor 1)
That is the front left O2 correct?
I have the back two eliminated with the MIL's from my O/R X.
Auto Zone has the OEM sensor for $46.99. Should I just buy a new sensor and replace it?
Also, my car smells like its running rather rich and not sure how to change it. I have a handheld Diablo Tuner.

Input is much appreciated!

WildBill
04-24-09, 06:54 PM
It's the passenger side.
Get the o2 from ford............especially if the other is a ford o2. The ones at parts stores are slower than for and can cause problems, especialy when mixed. If the ford is too high for your taste, then get TWO of the part store o2s. They may be a bit slower on warm up, but should be ok if ran in pairs.

BOOMSHAKALAKA
04-24-09, 08:58 PM
Thank you! I will give them a call Monday morning.

BOOMSHAKALAKA
04-24-09, 09:17 PM
Also, is that a common thing to go? My car only have 54K miles. The midpipe has been changed around 4 times. What could cause it to just fail/die that like?

IMSHAKN
04-24-09, 11:06 PM
Yes, it is a part that's not uncommon to fail. I've seen vehicles with much less mileage and a failed O2. Check on the price of a new one from Ford and hit me up with a PM giving me how much they are asking for...

fazm
04-24-09, 11:24 PM
at 54k miles, id be more worried about what killed your oxygen sensor, since thats pretty early.

BOOMSHAKALAKA
04-25-09, 04:20 AM
Yes, it is a part that's not uncommon to fail. I've seen vehicles with much less mileage and a failed O2. Check on the price of a new one from Ford and hit me up with a PM giving me how much they are asking for...

Will Do

at 54k miles, id be more worried about what killed your oxygen sensor, since thats pretty early.

Any clue on what the reason could be?

WildBill
04-25-09, 12:20 PM
Will Do

Any clue on what the reason could be?

Just call Monday and schedule a dyno eval. We'll see where you're sitting on a/f and power and we can give you some direction from there.