PDA

View Full Version : 3.73 Gears

Mr. Austin
05-17-09, 04:32 PM
I'm running the c4 original aluminum tranny but looking to change the ring and pinion gears to a 3.73 gearing. Looking to see what some opinions are about them. i have rebuilt the motor put a cam and is now running strong she has plenty of power but now it needs to be transferred to the ground.. the rear is an 8.8"

Mr. Austin
05-17-09, 04:40 PM
Its a choice between 3.73 and 3.90

Stangme
05-17-09, 04:50 PM
By chance does this HPS program have spell check? :biglaugh:

WildBill
05-17-09, 05:07 PM
By chance does this HPS program have spell check? :biglaugh:

Evidently not.:biglaugh:

69CreamPuFF
Don't take this the wrong way, but are you a YOUNG guy or a girl?

Has a 8.8 been transplanted into your car?

Ya ask us to pick your two gear you have selected, but you don't tell us the main use of you car. OR what engine or size tires you running
Either one of those are pretty steep for an old just freshened up engine that didn't have a very high rev line when new.

If you expect answers that are worth a damn, you must supply us with enough info and if you ask the question, you shouldn't expect people to have to research your car to find out theses bits of needed info.

Mr. Austin
05-17-09, 05:46 PM
Evidently not.:biglaugh:

69CreamPuFF
Don't take this the wrong way, but are you a YOUNG guy or a girl?

Has a 8.8 been transplanted into your car?

Ya ask us to pick your two gear you have selected, but you don't tell us the main use of you car. OR what engine or size tires you running
Either one of those are pretty steep for an old just freshened up engine that didn't have a very high rev line when new.

If you expect answers that are worth a damn, you must supply us with enough info and if you ask the question, you shouldn't expect people to have to research your car to find out theses bits of needed info.

Sorry i'm in the middle of painting a house. Not much of an excuse but hard to type with few fingers. And i am a Young guy. A young guy who has self taught himself nearly everything on the car by shop manuals:woot2:. my father 's not around to help there for i turn to mustang people who know and could help.
As for the info i wasn't sure what all i needed to supply you with. and i was asking to see if there had been any stories or personal experiences in which someone could share. i am looking for a light to light racer but also a good tack runner off the origonal block. its a 302 5.0L rebuilt with cam's and goodies. the wheels are centerlines wrapped with Cobra Radials tires. p225/70r15. Not sure what else you would need.

ChuckD
05-17-09, 07:02 PM
Austin when you go to college what is commute gonna be? Fuel prices are going back up and I know right now your on a very limited budget.

WildBill
05-17-09, 07:38 PM
Austin when you go to college what is commute gonna be? Fuel prices are going back up and I know right now your on a very limited budget.

Bingo.........very good question.
I would have installed the smallest Edelbrock 4V carb and dual plane manifold with 3.00 gears

You still didn't answer............Did someone swap an 8.8 in to your car?

Mr. Austin
05-17-09, 08:33 PM
Sorry Bill no Someone did not its what came with the car. and when i get into collage i will be running a gsxr 750 as my everyday. If not then im walkin haha. But seriously my campus is 4 miles east so i may even invest in a moped. (last resort)

As for the 4v. i am installing here in a few weeks a 600cfm Edelbrock Carb. And to be honest i have no idea what a dual plane manifold is.

Jodaddy
05-17-09, 11:45 PM
Oh geeze...Austin's at it again...Do 4.10's like me :biglaugh:
Or whatever Bill tells you, i took his advice with the gears and HOLY SH!T, i was not disappointed in the slightest! Next up supercharger!!! or Nitrous??:twothumbsup:

Mr. Austin
05-17-09, 11:58 PM
4.10 would be way to much for the c4

Jodaddy
05-18-09, 12:04 AM
So will 3.90's if you want anything just get 3.31's