PDA

View Full Version : New Shelby Gt

Jacostang
08-10-06, 10:01 PM
Here is the New Shelby Gt Just like the GT-H only for sale at yourr local Ford Dealer!!

http://members.cox.net/ccdjaco/Copy%20of%20ShelbyGT.jpg

BurnTire
08-10-06, 10:35 PM
I will be waiting for you to show up at the Pavilions with it. I hope they don't turn you away.:icon_razz:

Jacostang
08-10-06, 10:42 PM
Ha! Very funny, I wonder if they know when you say its a "Shelby" they will let you stay in the pre "73 isle?:icon_eek:

BurnTire
08-10-06, 10:47 PM
Ha! Very funny, I wonder if they know when you say its a "Shelby" they will let you stay in the pre "73 isle?:icon_eek:

Maybe just watch out for the parking lot Nazi.

Jacostang
08-10-06, 10:58 PM
I think I would modify the grill and put the two inboard fog Lights in there

89az50
08-11-06, 04:20 PM
can i venture a guess and say that there will be no/little performance gain on the "shelby"(gt)

BurnTire
08-11-06, 04:34 PM
can i venture a guess and say that there will be no/little performance gain on the "shelby"(gt)

I think it has a little more HP.

Jacostang
08-11-06, 05:24 PM
The new Shelby Gt has the same HP as the Hertz 320 so they say and only two color options Black w/silver stripes and white w/silver stripes All the hertz cars are automatics and you can have your chioce wth the GT

vicious781
08-11-06, 09:07 PM
I really like the hoods on the Hertz 350H's. Too bad they are just using the stock looking hood on the ones for public sale.

Jacostang
08-12-06, 10:19 AM
I agree I like the "H" hood also!

From what I have read you can order the GT with the "H" hood also! There will be more onfo on orders soon. Youcan order it from your Ford Dealer with a couple of options.

BurnTire
08-12-06, 01:27 PM
I agree I like the "H" hood also!

From what I have read you can order the GT with the "H" hood also! There will be more onfo on orders soon. Youcan order it from your Ford Dealer with a couple of options.

I am sure there is room under that hood for a supercharger!!!!:icon_smile:

Jacostang
08-12-06, 01:49 PM
Hey I have more pic, including the engine bay, floor mats, door sill plates front and rear view shot in front of Ford world Headquarters, will send them to u.

vicious781
08-12-06, 05:11 PM
http://media.phillyburbs.com/2006/04/12/AUTO_SHOW.jpg

MUCH better!

Torchmach
08-12-06, 06:23 PM
I am sure there is room under that hood for a supercharger!!!!:icon_smile:
Lets hope then that all the internals are forged! Don't want anything to go bang in a big $$$$$ way.

Jacostang
08-13-06, 12:06 AM
I can't wait to see one in person, the black looks verrrrrrrry nice' !!!!!

BurnTire
08-13-06, 03:35 AM
Lets hope then that all the internals are forged! Don't want anything to go bang in a big $$$$$ way.

If not just keep the boost reasonable.

C0braFan
08-21-06, 07:34 PM
I think I would modify the grill and put the two inboard fog Lights in there

Yeah, me too. And also the front and rear bumpers, pillar louvers, rear spoiler, and hood. Actually, I would change almost everything. Hmm, I don't even really like this car. It is basically a GT/CS with Shelby floor mats. What a rip off for $6k over the price of a GT.

Jacostang
08-22-06, 09:55 AM
The Shelby GT has the Ford Power Pack, Handling Pack, so its a liitle more than just badging, is it worth $7000 over a Gt?, well we will see and since it has the officila Shelby Name on it that probably is worth something! Don't ya think?

C0braFan
08-22-06, 03:10 PM
The Shelby GT has the Ford Power Pack, Handling Pack, so its a liitle more than just badging, is it worth $7000 over a Gt?, well we will see and since it has the officila Shelby Name on it that probably is worth something! Don't ya think?

Those are some very mild upgrades. The Power Pack (http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=9398)comes with CAI, tune, and mufflers. The Handling Pack (http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=8976)comes with shocks, sway bars, tower brace, and springs. Are you going to argue that these off-the-shelf bolt ons turn a GT into a Shelby GT? You say "a little more than badging", but what else is there? Floor mats and decals. You're right, it's the Shelby name, but in this case that is 90% of the sale.

BurnTire
08-22-06, 03:16 PM
If I was buying I would get a GT and start modding the crap out of it.

Jacostang
08-22-06, 04:56 PM
Well, how was the original GT350 seperate from a regular fastback Gt?
Export Brace, Monte carlo Bar, K code engine with large capacity oil pan valve covers, intake and carb, stripes and engine badge, steering wheel gas cap, so it was basically a K code GT Fastback with some shelby touches. I don't know if it will be as collectable as the original but I'm not going to buy one for profit, so I guess it just comes down to weather or not you want to pay that extra $3000 for the name above and beyond the upgrades. But everything cost money. To stripe a Gt the right way is about $1000, the packs anohter $2500, the shelby hood is $875 and then the little things like the badges and then the labor. Its a toss up, I know I could mod a GT and make it look just as cool or better than the Shelby, Like your Boss( awesome ) and that might happen if the Shelby becomes to much moola la la

C0braFan
08-22-06, 06:20 PM
Well, how was the original GT350 seperate from a regular fastback Gt? Export Brace, Monte carlo Bar, K code engine with large capacity oil pan valve covers, intake and carb, stripes and engine badge, steering wheel gas cap, so it was basically a K code GT Fastback with some shelby touches.

Yes, all of those things, but it also had a complete engine swap! Shelby put his Cobra 289 engines in the Shelby Mustang with upgrades worth +35 hp over a 289-K. And don't forget the wheels.

I don't know if it will be as collectable as the original but I'm not going to buy one for profit, so I guess it just comes down to weather or not you want to pay that extra $3000 for the name above and beyond the upgrades.

Agreed! But I'm not sure the upgrades cost all that much. The two add-on packs come to $2000. The Hurst is $200. The hood is not a complete replacement (like the GT-H), it's just a stick-on scoop (like the GT/CS). The wheels aren't even upgraded. I'd buy a set of Shelby CS6 wheels and the CS6 hood for this car.

But everything cost money. To stripe a Gt the right way is about $1000, the packs anohter $2500, the shelby hood is $875 and then the little things like the badges and then the labor. Its a toss up, I know I could mod a GT and make it look just as cool or better than the Shelby, Like your Boss( awesome ) and that might happen if the Shelby becomes to much moola la la

Okay, one thing you've convinced me of is that $6k over isn't unreasonable. I just thought it should have had something extra to make it worthy of the name. Amy Boylan said they're planning a Paxton supercharger option. That would jack up the price another 5k, but it would have that exclusive "Shelby Automobiles" logo on it (like the CS6 unit). I think that will be a must have option!

AZTERMINATOR
08-22-06, 08:11 PM
Last weekend at Pavilions, there were 3 of the Hertz Shelby's...these guys who rented them were cleaing them up there....look good, lowered, and they all said that they run pretty hard.

330hp is pretty realistic on these...just tonight, I watched Rob at SVC tune as 06' GT with some Roush equipment on it to 285 hp on a Mustang Dyno...he says there is real potential in these cars.

BurnTire
08-22-06, 09:37 PM
Did you get that ported blower on the cobra yet?

Last weekend at Pavilions, there were 3 of the Hertz Shelby's...these guys who rented them were cleaing them up there....look good, lowered, and they all said that they run pretty hard.

330hp is pretty realistic on these...just tonight, I watched Rob at SVC tune as 06' GT with some Roush equipment on it to 285 hp on a Mustang Dyno...he says there is real potential in these cars.

Jacostang
08-22-06, 10:07 PM
Ok Yes I forgot the wheels too. Maybe too many descisions??? Here is another one.... Just got back from Berge, Oil Change for the F-150, and my guy told me friday they are offering 0% interest for up to 72 months on ALL 2006 Ford cars except the FORD GT Super car of course. HMMMM sounds pretty good and they still have two legend lime GT's and a Yellow one. So even with 0 down my payment would be around $410:icon_question: What to do... And then I could use the $10,000 to do... Well you know!!!!

BurnTire
08-22-06, 10:11 PM
Ok Yes I forgot the wheels too. Maybe too many descisions??? Here is another one.... Just got back from Berge, Oil Change for the F-150, and my guy told me friday they are offering 0% interest for up to 72 months on ALL 2006 Ford cars except the FORD GT Super car of course. HMMMM sounds pretty good and they still have two legend lime GT's and a Yellow one. So even with 0 down my payment would be around $410:icon_question: What to do... And then I could use the $10,000 to do... Well you know!!!!

You have been living out here to long.:chair: An Iron City Boy would get the GT and put $10K into it and be running in the 10s.

Jacostang
08-22-06, 10:21 PM
Your not helping, I think thats my whole problem, I just can't make a final descision!!!

BurnTire
08-22-06, 10:24 PM
It all comes down to what you want. I personally always take performance over styling. I do my own work and get dirty. You know like all the Pittsburgh boys. LOL

BurnTire
08-22-06, 10:28 PM
Boy this sure looks nice. Still have 4k left to play with.

http://whipplesuperchargers.com/product.asp?ProdID=1208

Jacostang
08-22-06, 10:54 PM
Looks great and it probably be the way to go.

AZSonicSnake
08-22-06, 11:05 PM
It all comes down to what you want. I personally always take performance over styling. I do my own work and get dirty. You know like all the Pittsburgh boys. LOL

agreed on the performance part, thats always big in my mind. whatever helps me get down the 1320 faster...:icon_cool:

Jacostang
08-22-06, 11:30 PM
Yup, time to pull the trigger and do something like that!!!

BurnTire
08-22-06, 11:38 PM
If you do get a Whipple make sure you get the inter-cooled version.

Torchmach
08-23-06, 10:20 PM
Yeah, me too. And also the front and rear bumpers, pillar louvers, rear spoiler, and hood. Actually, I would change almost everything. Hmm, I don't even really like this car. It is basically a GT/CS with Shelby floor mats. What a rip off for $6k over the price of a GT.

I have to agree with you on a lot of what you have said. In 2001 I was disapponted in the Bullit Edition, just a warmed over GT. While I am a Steve McQueen fan, the name did not reflect on the Mustang Heritage.

Check out Cervini's Ad in the October issue of Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords. The B-2 Kit for S-197 Mustangs is 1969 Mach/Boss retro. Four Headlights, lots of black paint on the hood, shaker scoop, you can even get the "C" side strip inspired by the 69' Mach's. The only thing missing are the wire hood pins, and that is easy to fix.

If I subscribed to the "California Credo" of personalizing Cars (spend 1/2 of purchase price personalizing with aftermarket parts). This is the way I would go with an S-197 platform Mustang.

Hopefully Ford is watching what the aftermarket is doing, and seeing what is getting good feedback from Mustang Fans. It would be nice to see something very similar from Ford, with a 5.0 DOHC motor, and the Boss name applied to the sides. The engineeers from Saleen have done the work on the 5.0 motor for the Parnelli Jones edition. It is just sitting there for Ford to pluck off the shelf.

C0braFan
08-24-06, 05:44 PM
I have to agree with you on a lot of what you have said. In 2001 I was disapponted in the Bullit Edition, just a warmed over GT. While I am a Steve McQueen fan, the name did not reflect on the Mustang Heritage.

You know, at least Ford tried to do something with the Bullitt edition, though, by doing an engine swap--that 4.6 4V is a nice engine at 310 hp, same thing used in the 03/04 Mach1. Keep in mind the stock 4.6 2V was only doing about 270 hp. Add to that CAI, tune, etc.

Hopefully Ford is watching what the aftermarket is doing, and seeing what is getting good feedback from Mustang Fans. It would be nice to see something very similar from Ford, with a 5.0 DOHC motor, and the Boss name applied to the sides. The engineeers from Saleen have done the work on the 5.0 motor for the Parnelli Jones edition. It is just sitting there for Ford to pluck off the shelf.

Ford is limping badly. They won't do anything extraordinary with an engine when the Mustang is selling so well. Only a small fraction of the enthusiasts would know the difference between the 4.6 and stroked 5.0, and Ford certainly wouldn't spend another $1000 or so just to use the "302" badging. By the way, the Saleen is a SOHC 4.6, not DOHC, if I'm not mistaken?

Jacostang
08-24-06, 09:54 PM
Just found out supercharger avail on the Shelby Gt Per Shelby autos

BurnTire
08-24-06, 10:06 PM
Supercharger is available for Dave's new GT!!!!

Jacostang
08-24-06, 10:21 PM
I know I know!!! Just think what you could do with $15,000 on a new Gt!!

BurnTire
08-24-06, 10:56 PM

Start with a blower.

C0braFan
08-25-06, 11:58 AM

You should at least wait until next spring to see how the Shelby GT turns out, and at what price point. :)

Torchmach
08-26-06, 02:39 PM

Dave,
I got a call from "The Godfather" this morning, heard that you bought a Legend Lime GT at Berge. He also said that you found out that most of the California Special body kit is avaliable. Congratulations on your new ride!

Jacostang
08-27-06, 12:26 AM
Unbelievable! How did he find out so fast, yup picked her up today Legend Lime Gt, $25010 with 0 Down, making a list and checking it twice!!

Whipple, Whipple!!!:beerchug:

BurnTire
08-27-06, 12:29 AM
Unbelievable! How did he find out so fast, yup picked her up today Legend Lime Gt, $25010 with 0 Down, making a list and checking it twice!!

Hello Whipple or Turbo.

Jacostang
08-27-06, 12:49 AM
I just could not pass up the deal, now I can start to customize it!!!

BurnTire
08-27-06, 01:07 AM
You are better of with the GT. I think you will be happy when you start down modification alley.

Torchmach
08-27-06, 01:22 AM

The "Godfather" also said that he ordered a firemist(?) Red GT that will be in in 10 weeks. I am going to wait and see what the Boss edition looks like. If I pass on one, I will go 100% effort into restromoding my 72' coupe.

Just got back from Speedword, the new management needs to figure out how to run the place more efficiently, I only got four passes, in four hours there. Lots of breakdowns, and time spent preping the track, plus a nice long break for the workers. I left without looking at my last time slip, ran a 13.91 @ 103.043mph, Might have stayed if I had taken a look. There is more in the Car, need to get my MM full length subframe conectors, and LCA's on. By the time I go back, they should have figured out how to run the place better. Have a real bad snap to the right on the 1st-2nd upshift that is costing me some.

AZSonicSnake
08-27-06, 12:10 PM
jaco- grats on the new purchase! i picked up a new one this weekend too. just an older one. lol....

torchmach- wild, they normally run that place pretty decently. but i guess everyone slips now and then.

Torchmach
08-27-06, 12:25 PM
jaco- grats on the new purchase! i picked up a new one this weekend too. just an older one. lol....

torchmach- wild, they normally run that place pretty decently. but i guess everyone slips now and then.

Ya, I am not going to pass judgement on them for one off night. It seemed like they were trying to do a better job of prepping the track, and just didn't have a handle on what needed to be done.

I almost spun on my 1st pass going from 1st to 2nd, the 2nd pass I thought the rear axle was going to jump into the back seat on the 2nd gear upshift. The motorcyclests were afraid to open up to full throttle untill the 1/3 mark. A lot of guys were bogging down just off the line later on, so it did come around.

C0braFan
08-27-06, 08:58 PM

Did you get an 06 or 07? Not that there's any difference, just curious because that's a great price!

If you're thinking upgrades already, the Ford packs are pretty good, but I really like the drop I got from Eibach Sportline springs, over an inch lower than the FRPP springs. There's plenty of clearance (haven't scraped yet), but it is a challenge to jack up the car now! I have to jack up the rear diff first just to get a jack up under the front. ;) But I totally love these springs..amazing grip and rock solid.

I go cruising up by PIR a lot, big empty roads, and did several tests while settling the springs. From 80 to 0, it felt like 100 feet, very fast stops, and not an inch of give on the front, rock solid. Acceleration is awesome! On takeoff, I can spin the wheels easily for as long as I hold on the pedal, because the rear end doesn't budge...and the engine is 100% stock. The stock springs give you a definite lurch as the rears compress and the front end comes up, but no more. I had no idea suspension made such a huge difference. Daily driving, it handles bumps much more easily than the stock springs. I don't deal with the rear end jumping out all over the place any more. Imo, this is the biggest bang-for-the-buck upgrade you can make for roughly $200.

BTW, I searched all over the web for a tutorial on installing springs on an 05-07, didn't find anything. So I took pictures while installing mine and will post them if anyone needs them. Without any help, it took me 5 hours. But now that I figured it out the hard way, this is only about a 2 hour job.

BurnTire
08-27-06, 09:34 PM
Why don't you create a how to tread in the suspension section and post the pictures there. You can upload the pictures to the gallery and link them into the post.

Jacostang
08-28-06, 12:18 AM
Did you get an 06 or 07? Not that there's any difference, just curious because that's a great price!

Thanks Everyone! Its an 06' and I have been looking at so many diferent hoods and kits, I like the GFR Legend Hood but I heard that the quality was poor? It's going to be modified quite a bit but very clean!!Mean!! and Greeeeeen!!:icon_biggrin:

The "Godfather" ordered a "Redfire" Gt by the way!!

Torchmach
08-28-06, 06:48 PM

Thanks Everyone! Its an 06' and I have been looking at so many diferent hoods and kits, I like the GFR Legend Hood but I heard that the quality was poor? It's going to be modified quite a bit but very clean!!Mean!! and Greeeeeen!!:icon_biggrin:

The "Godfather" ordered a "Redfire" Gt by the way!!

Your Goddamm right He did! Are you going to enter your Car in our show Oct 21st? And will it be in Stock/Street driven or Modified Class?