PDA

View Full Version : lets be active and get ideas

05mustangman
07-12-09, 05:19 PM
were trying to be an active club right? come on guys lets get some ideas going about getting something going. I guess we gotta bring it up with the board so lets get some ideas going and pass them along to the club president. Trying to get the club more active about cruising and stuff like that. we all had fun on the poker run but seems like a few people had a little issues with it even though we all had fun and represented the club.
But come on guys lets get active now that the new stangs are out too!! :laughing1::laughing1::woot1::woot1:

Jodaddy
07-12-09, 07:00 PM
were trying to be an active club right? come on guys lets get some ideas going about getting something going. I guess we gotta bring it up with the board so lets get some ideas going and pass them along to the club president. Trying to get the club more active about cruising and stuff like that. we all had fun on the poker run but seems like a few people had a little issues with it even though we all had fun and represented the club.
But come on guys lets get active now that the new stangs are out too!! :laughing1::laughing1::woot1::woot1:

x2

We should get a good cruise going on a Saturday night and dinner and a movie after. (Bring the lady friends 2) :pepper:

ttocs
07-12-09, 08:36 PM
I joined the club and was hoping that I would get to know some good gear-heads that know their engine(which would happen to be just like mine) and learn about it. I thought that maybe I could find someone to trade services with to do custom stereo/security work on their car in trade for motor work on my car. I was hoping that it would help me to learn about my car and more specifically my motor but that has not been the case. I even tried to organize some tech nights to get people together to learn together but could not get anyone that knew anything to volunteer to show anything. Now I finally resorted to paying out my azz to have a shop to the work and for some reason they do not seem to do much work......

To be honest this club puts on some good shows and cruises but that is it. It is fun to drive my car, it is fun to look at others but I can drive my car anytime and looks at pics online too so I have not gained anything from it..........

05mustangman
07-12-09, 10:57 PM
thats what im talking about! im sure me and my buddy would definitely be down to help out tech wise in exchange for some stereo stuff. my lightning is in desperate need. lol.

And im definitely down with the cruise and dinner and movie idea. Thats how to get the club more active and out and about. Now we just got to work on some nice decals and me and wade got a really nice decal made up. but who knows if the idea would be accepted. im gonna show the decal idea at the next meeting.

WildBill
07-13-09, 12:03 AM
I joined the club and was hoping that I would get to know some good gear-heads that know their engine(which would happen to be just like mine) and learn about it. I thought that maybe I could find someone to trade services with to do custom stereo/security work on their car in trade for motor work on my car. I was hoping that it would help me to learn about my car and more specifically my motor but that has not been the case. I even tried to organize some tech nights to get people together to learn together but could not get anyone that knew anything to volunteer to show anything. Now I finally resorted to paying out my azz to have a shop to the work and for some reason they do not seem to do much work......

To be honest this club puts on some good shows and cruises but that is it. It is fun to drive my car, it is fun to look at others but I can drive my car anytime and looks at pics online too so I have not gained anything from it..........

Hmmmmm..........tech nights. Very interesting.

Jodaddy
07-13-09, 12:11 AM
Well i volunteer Bill for the tech nights! (Sorry Bill but you know your shit) Lets get this ball rollin then, sh!t. Im down for something on saturday nights/days, the only problem is what happens every time. People to DAMN lazy to get off their @$$ and to go hang out with alot of stang guys. But im sure a tech night would really interest alot of people. Whatcha guys think? Since Bill's now volunteer'd for the postion, now we need a date. :twothumbsup:

AZSonicSnake
07-13-09, 12:19 AM
i'm game for a tinker night. whos game to do a timing chain cover gasket on my slow piece? lol.. haha.

seriously though, sounds like a good idea. though july and august gotta be the worst time to do those.. ;)

IMSHAKN
07-13-09, 01:20 AM
i'm game for a tinker night. whos game to do a timing chain cover gasket on my slow piece? lol.. haha.

seriously though, sounds like a good idea. though july and august gotta be the worst time to do those.. ;)

I'm down even though I already know how much of a PITA that is going to be... not a job I'd rate high on my to do list, but I've been craving to do some work again. Just have had no need to work on anything lately as I've been treating the car easy and backed off on the mods.

WildBill
07-13-09, 01:22 AM

Yeah........It's bit better here in the shop with swamp coolers, but not much.
Maybe we can figure something out to do.

That's NOT an easy job with the engine in the car Tony! BLEECH!!!!!!!!

IMSHAKN
07-13-09, 01:25 AM
That's NOT an easy job with the engine in the car Tony! BLEECH!!!!!!!!

Haha, I'm sure that's why Tony has probably been putting it off and brought that offer to the table. :laughing:

I've got a better idea, let's teach people how to pull a motor out of a cobra. :sticktonge: That'll make the job easier. Lol.

WildBill
07-13-09, 01:53 AM
Haha, I'm sure that's why Tony has probably been putting it off and brought that offer to the table. :laughing:

I've got a better idea, let's teach people how to pull a motor out of a cobra. :sticktonge: That'll make the job easier. Lol.

Both ideas suck! LOL!

How about a detail class for one of the sessions?

blueoval
07-13-09, 07:04 AM
I'll volunteer to head up the detail class. Hell, if you want a how-to instructional session on your Porter Cable, I'll lead that too. Been using that thing for years.

ttocs
07-13-09, 07:14 AM
we went down this road before on this subj when I tried to organize it.......... I tried to do some simple ideas like intake swaps and some basic upgrades but could not even get that done. I will say right now that it will not get any further then a post and an idea. This club is great if you want to find some people to look at your car and eat with but other then that you better hope you know a good mechanic which as far a I am concerned in phoenix doesn't exist, at least on the east side.

IMSHAKN
07-13-09, 09:00 AM
Both ideas suck! LOL!

How about a detail class for one of the sessions?

Lol. Well if you pull the motor out, then one of those ideas isn't too bad. LOL.

Sure. First you'll have to find a particularily NASTY car that still has some hope and we can do a class like that. I can teach people how to run a rotary who would be interested or a PC. You know they will get quality info. :yes:

Mr. Austin
07-13-09, 09:02 AM
I am open to a tech night. thats why i joined a club to learn stuff and i have learn little here and there over a year. More drama in a club than high school. detail class would be very nice as on my car i can volunteer her. there is some detailing i need to finish getting off and i cant do it the right way. i will be hme in 2 and a half weeks.

GasMan
07-13-09, 10:09 AM
Hey Tyler, I agree with you 100% and you know I do. But, unless you attend the meetings on a regular basis and present ideas to the board of WWM this will take a seat on the back burner. As far as the tech day is concerned they have had at least 3 in the last 6 months and 2 before that. The first 2 we had was hosted by Broch and Pam, 80% of the people that was supposed to show cancled on both occasions. The other 3 were with my car and someone from CSM, nobody showed up even though everyone from the club was invited. I attended all but 1 and I saw the same people show up. Now don't get me wrong, I think just being apart of a club is a cool thing, but that doesn't stop me from joining in where ever mustangers gather to feed my addiction. I have hung with a ton of people, including you, that have not been a part of the club scene in the past. Attend those meetings and state your case bro, otherwise I'll see you on the road.
Oh, and a promised here is a pick of my wifes new car, yea we bought it after the poker run, I called her bluff and lost. LOL

WildBill
07-13-09, 10:41 AM
Hey Tyler, I agree with you 100% and you know I do. But, unless you attend the meetings on a regular basis and present ideas to the board of WWM this will take a seat on the back burner. As far as the tech day is concerned they have had at least 3 in the last 6 months and 2 before that. The first 2 we had was hosted by Broch and Pam, 80% of the people that was supposed to show cancled on both occasions. The other 3 were with my car and someone from CSM, nobody showed up even though everyone from the club was invited. I attended all but 1 and I saw the same people show up. Now don't get me wrong, I think just being apart of a club is a cool thing, but that doesn't stop me from joining in where ever mustangers gather to feed my addiction. I have hung with a ton of people, including you, that have not been a part of the club scene in the past. Attend those meetings and state your case bro, otherwise I'll see you on the road.
Oh, and a promised here is a pick of my wifes new car, yea we bought it after the poker run, I called her bluff and lost. LOL

Well that sucks!

GasMan
07-13-09, 11:04 AM
Well that sucks!

dont get me wrong, its a great idea and a lot of fun if they can get it going just dont get frustrated when people say they want to participate and have all these great ideas then when that day comes they dont show. Or in simpler terms, have a back up car...

05mustangman
07-13-09, 11:16 AM
yea i know what your saying jemal. Me and wade have attended the last two meetings and have joined the club. Its just at the meetings they seem to shut down ideas about getting cruises and stuff going. Thats what seems to be the most popular with the group. And last meeting they really seemed to shut down austin on any idea he had. I mean i would really like it if the whole club could get together and show up at cruise ins and go on cruises as a whole. that would really be able to represent the club good.

GasMan
07-13-09, 12:16 PM
i feel you, but I don't know what to say other than I've been there having the same issues I just don't let them stop me from doing what I like to do. I am still a member but as they will tell you I walk to the beat of my own drum and i don't hurt anybody while Im doing it. They all knew about that poker run but you saw who actually showed up for it. Its the same people every time. When they do something as a club I am there, but other than that its all about the trophies and I for one am not into that. I wanted to join your club because you guys like to drive but I got an 03, was up with that? lol

Jodaddy
07-13-09, 12:35 PM
SoOoooOoooo, back to the subject! Bill can we just meet at PSR for a tech night? I mean your the only guys with a lift lol. But its your call lets start getting this started, im ready to have some good ol' mustang fun. COUNT ME IN! (As long as im not stuck at work ha)

GasMan
07-13-09, 12:47 PM
SoOoooOoooo, back to the subject! Bill can we just meet at PSR for a tech night? I mean your the only guys with a lift lol. But its your call lets start getting this started, im ready to have some good ol' mustang fun. COUNT ME IN! (As long as im not stuck at work ha)

Oh im sorry i thought this was on the club thread about wwm, take it away bill.

ttocs
07-13-09, 01:03 PM
I got a good project for a tech night, and would be willing to pay for the repair time as well...........

blueoval
07-13-09, 01:15 PM
I got a good project for a tech night, and would be willing to pay for the repair time as well...........

I do as well.

Rev'n Kevin
07-13-09, 01:25 PM
You will have a great mentor in Wild Bill, he knows his stuff, I spent a couple of days with Bill and Dan last week fixing the brake problem on the drag car, when no one else could figure out the problem (3 so-called brake experts at Midas could not figure it out) kudos to the gang at PSR.

WildBill
07-13-09, 01:28 PM
Oh im sorry i thought this was on the club thread about wwm, take it away bill.

I'm here just to lend a hand and do what I can from my end.............NOT to step on any toes what so ever.

05mustangman
07-13-09, 01:58 PM
i feel you, but I don't know what to say other than I've been there having the same issues I just don't let them stop me from doing what I like to do. I am still a member but as they will tell you I walk to the beat of my own drum and i don't hurt anybody while Im doing it. They all knew about that poker run but you saw who actually showed up for it. Its the same people every time. When they do something as a club I am there, but other than that its all about the trophies and I for one am not into that. I wanted to join your club because you guys like to drive but I got an 03, was up with that? lol

Oh yea man. You know me and wade love cruising with a bunch of stangs. We also love goin to the shows and if we win we win you know. If not no big loss. But i think we have more fun as a group cruisin around and owning the streets.

05mustangman
07-13-09, 01:59 PM
And as far as a tech night maybe at psr i would definitely love to participate in that. just to learn some more stuff and be able to chat with a bunch of other mustang junkies. So hell yea bill that would be awesome if we would be able to set something like that up.

hpmotzd
07-13-09, 03:53 PM
we all had fun on the poker run but seems like a few people had a little issues with it even though we all had fun and represented the club.

I just want to jump in here real fast and thank everyone who went on the poker run. Thats what those of us who planned it, did it for. We wanted to get out, drive our cars and have a good time with good people and i think thats what we did. We did catch some flack for it, but have no fear, more things will be coming, stay tuned........

GasMan
07-13-09, 04:32 PM
BRYN'S IN THE HOUSE! Thanks bro I look forward to it.

05mustangman
07-13-09, 04:53 PM
Me too. That poker run was one of the funnest and friendliest cruises i have been on. Look forward to something like that again real soon.

azmustang
07-13-09, 07:33 PM
I'd like to do more cruises and I'd be down for a tech night it if it was on friday nights or the weekend.

93mustank
07-13-09, 11:15 PM
What considered tech? Changing a pulley on a blower?

WildBill
07-13-09, 11:59 PM
What considered tech? Changing a pulley on a blower?

Most anything can be tech. What may be informative tech to one person, may be what another can do in his sleep.

I'm open to a lot of things

ttocs
07-14-09, 06:59 AM
so a simple head, cam, intake change on a 302????????????

nothin that should take 4 months.

WildBill
07-14-09, 10:27 AM
so a simple head, cam, intake change on a 302????????????

nothin that should take 4 months.

lol.......ummmmm.......NOPE!

Jodaddy
07-14-09, 01:18 PM
so whens a good time to get the ball rolling? I need to do a basic oil change on the mustang and a lift would make my life so much easier.

05mustangman
07-14-09, 01:21 PM
Yea that would be cool. Cause i desperately need an oil change too. So maybe we could scedule in two oil changes and some other tech stuff as well.

1966PonyGirl
07-19-09, 08:43 PM
Hey all! Just to let you know, I am more then happy to take any requests for club activities to the board. I am hoping to plan some cruises at least one a month fitting for those who can travel around the state AND for those who have to keep it in town. (some of our cars can run hot in this summer weather!) I know for tech night I know Austin and I could REALLY use them (weather permitting!)

PLEASE PM ME if you have any ideas!!! Also, like Mr GasMan said, come to the meetings! Make sure we have your email so we can let everyone know the the calender of activities for the club.

ttocs
07-19-09, 09:58 PM
http://www.highperformancestangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9144

Maybe we could throw together a couple of these detail-days before this?

1966PonyGirl
07-21-09, 05:09 PM
Nice! We have been talking about doing a group shot. We only have our first and original!

Just as encouragement guys 'n gals:

Club Meeting! AUGUST 5th (the first wednesday of the month)
Crazy Earl's Cafe & Cantina
9440 W. Peoria
(1/4 mile West of the 101 on Peoria)

05mustangman
07-21-09, 08:09 PM
oh ill definitely be at the meeting with wade.

Blown66
07-25-09, 04:30 PM
Rox I have a great place for you guys to do a club picture...desert, cactus the whole western looking thing. Let me know if you want directions. Pretty close...

Rick Shopmier
07-25-09, 05:43 PM
We had a small group of members show up at the breakfast this morning. You are right we need more activities and more member participation, so lets get it in gear, push the go pedal and have fun:pepper:. The next meeting will be on August 5th.....bring ideas for activities large and small to the meeting so we can set a schedule.

BurnTire
07-25-09, 06:12 PM
So is WWM now Outlaw Fords?

maddme
07-25-09, 07:01 PM
Rick,
I was going to go to the breakfast; but I had promissed to help a friend move today. I will be at the next club meeting. The trip to Flagstaff should be alot of fun. When is the next Sanderson show? :icon_cool:

Rev'n Kevin
07-25-09, 11:51 PM

NO! For the record, Wild West Mustang Club and Outlaw Ford are two separate clubs, WWMC is still the officially sponsored club of Sanderson Ford and is a Mustang Car Club.

Outlaw Fords is a new club made up of a few former members of WWMC and is an all Ford Club open to any and all makes of Fords.

Neither is affiliated with the other, and it should also be noted that the 91st and northern friday nite cruise-in is now being put on by Outlaw Fords and is no longer part of WWMC officially sponsored events.

hpmotzd
07-25-09, 11:52 PM

No, a new club. ALL Fords welcome!

Blown66
07-26-09, 12:00 AM
BURN I apologize as is said, two separate clubs. We support WWM's 100%. They are a very solid club with good leadership. I was just letting them know I have an outstanding place for their club shoot if they want it.

BurnTire
07-26-09, 12:19 AM
BURN I apologize as is said, two separate clubs. We support WWM's 100%. They are a very solid club with good leadership. I was just letting them know I have an outstanding place for their club shoot if they want it. No problem at all. I was just curious.

05mustangman
07-26-09, 11:51 PM
Hey rick nice to see you on here! you need to go on some more cruises man. lol. well i will definitely see you at the meeting on the 5th.

Mr. Austin
07-27-09, 08:36 AM
OutLaws actually puts the pedal on the floor and go randomly. WWM plans events and does thing as an organization as you will would do so. the clubs have their own beniffits in which is a reason to be in both so you have twice the entertainment!!!

Hola rick!

05mustangman
07-27-09, 10:26 AM
Exactly. I like the get up and go whenever you want in outlaw. Im gonna join theirs as well probably next weekend.

Mr. Austin
07-27-09, 10:30 AM
Dido

Rick Shopmier
07-27-09, 06:21 PM
Would any one be up to doing a Saturday Nite at the Sonic at 83rd and Union Hills next Saturday night after the crusie nite at Safeway?:yes: We could hang-out, have some cold drinks and lie about our cars:highfive:. We can also invite other Mustang owners to come over. I did it a couple of weeks ago in Colorado after their Mustang Club meeting....it worked well. Since it is the weekend just before the club meeting night we can brain storm some event ideas. Lets give Rox a brake and help her out. Let me know here at HPS if you guys are interested. Remember club meeting at Earls on August 5, usual time. Racer00

Rev'n Kevin
07-27-09, 06:34 PM
Food and Stangs (2 of my top 3 favorite things) you know I'm down for it.:highfive:

Mr. Austin
07-27-09, 06:58 PM
Food and Stangs (2 of my top 3 favorite things) you know I'm down for it.:highfive:

Gas station next door.. Beer the third? tehe im in! with sonic...beer 2 i guess.....rofl. Ill invite the corvette guys! (lol)

WildBill
07-27-09, 11:52 PM
Gas station next door.. Beer the third? tehe im in! with sonic...beer 2 i guess.....rofl. Ill invite the corvette guys! (lol)

Beer???? Fere yiu?:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Mr. Austin
07-28-09, 11:14 AM
Fere yiu?:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Wha'd you call me? ill come over there bill. :P

WildBill
07-28-09, 12:30 PM
Wha'd you call me? ill come over there bill. :P
I'll let Andy handle my light work!:laughing::laughing::hi:

05mustangman
07-28-09, 01:19 PM
:z7shysterical:

Rick are you talking about this coming weekend or the following weekend. Im gonna be going to monster trucks this saturday night.

1966PonyGirl
07-28-09, 05:43 PM
Thank you, Rick! I miss meeting up at Sonic and cruising up to the show!

Kenny, Lemme know about that spot! So far I think Sunset Point might be nice. I wanted to cruise up there and check out some angles! Even If we did a little cruise to Saguaro Lake for some pics (and fishing perhaps!)

Blown66
07-29-09, 10:37 AM
Whew...you might lose some old mustangs going to Sunset point, pretty far for some of them...obvioulsy your call, great place though.

The place I am talking about is no secret so I will write it here. Head up Olive west of the 303 (4-5 miles) is the White Tank National Park. (I think National lol) At any rate go about mile in and there is a veranda on the right hand side, big parking lot. If you back up to the back of the lot you can shot at the top of the hill (cleanly) that leads into the veranda. Remember when we shot our first pic we used a giant ladder. This a nature ladder that is twice as tall and close enough to get all the cars. You should do it in the 2pm time range so the sun is the camera's back. The background is Cactus, desert and city if you shoot it right.

Rick Shopmier
07-30-09, 12:11 PM
It will be this comming Saturday Nite the 1st of August. Be there or be square.........Hey Austin, don't bring your Corvette friends lol. Racer00

Mr. Austin
07-30-09, 01:01 PM
hahahahaaa

AZSonicSnake
07-30-09, 10:17 PM
:z7shysterical:

Rick are you talking about this coming weekend or the following weekend. Im gonna be going to monster trucks this saturday night.

btw- i have seen you on my way to work every day this week. :twothumbsup:

05mustangman
07-30-09, 11:07 PM
yea i did see you. i seen a blue cobra i was like damn! and i look over and i was like oh shit thats tony! your car was louder than my radio. LOL! soon as i got to work i told wade "Dude i seen tony today on my way to work!" lol.

AZSonicSnake
07-30-09, 11:13 PM
yea i did see you. i seen a blue cobra i was like damn! and i look over and i was like oh shit thats tony! your car was louder than my radio. LOL! soon as i got to work i told wade "Dude i seen tony today on my way to work!" lol.

wow, the one day i drove it to work. nice! normally i am in my ranger. :icon_cool:

05mustangman
07-30-09, 11:40 PM
yea i probably still pass you like everyday but just have no idea cause ive never seen your ranger. lol.

1966PonyGirl
07-31-09, 08:39 AM
Whew...you might lose some old mustangs going to Sunset point, pretty far for some of them...obviously your call, great place though.

This wont be for the group shot, but maybe single shots. The group shot will be at Sanderson Ford soon. I know a few of the older cars can do a long cruise, but there will be other spots in town too we need to scope out. The White tanks are very pretty! We might have to do a little something there!

1966PonyGirl
07-31-09, 08:51 AM
Club Meeting! This August 5th

The first Wednesday of the month
Crazy Earl's Cafe & Cantina
9440 W. Peoria
(1/4 mile West of the 101 on Peoria)

Here is a small blurb or activities we would like to present:

Club Picture Day
Tech Nights-Think of things you would like to learn/get a refresher course in
Cruises-Picnic's (Up North where its cooler)
Club Breakfast
Shows/Events- To attend
Shows/Events- To put on
Weekend/Overnight Cruises -Sedona's Winery
Diamondbacks games

Please bring all ideas and let us know your interests!

Don't forget- Saturday Nite at the Sonic at 83rd and Union Hills next Saturday night after the crusie nite at Safeway

1quikv6
08-21-09, 05:48 PM
I am new to this club, but i would agree that a active club would be good. I live in the FAR west valley in AZ, but an idea i had before even getting involved was to do a Sat breakfast get together mabey, I think, and i could be wrong, but i thought that Sanderson Ford in Glendale has a Ford Cafe' ? i have not been that would be a good place to invade with mustangs.

Stangme
08-21-09, 06:22 PM
Tech night idea. I have been thinking about putting in a Aluminum Radiator and a Transmission Cooler in my 06 Stang due to this AZ inferno we bake in. Think both of these projects would/could be a benefit to many Stang owners and their Ponies. Still have to do some research to find high quality ones within my price range and a knowledgeable team with the right equipment. If this sounds like a good Tech Night project, let me know and we can look at putting it on list. Will take any recommendations on them as well.

Mr. Austin
08-21-09, 07:05 PM
Tech night idea. I have been thinking about putting in a Aluminum Radiator and a Transmission Cooler in my 06 Stang due to this AZ inferno we bake in. Think both of these projects would/could be a benefit to many Stang owners and their Ponies. Still have to do some research to find high quality ones within my price range and a knowledgeable team with the right equipment. If this sounds like a good Tech Night project, let me know and we can look at putting it on list. Will take any recommendations on them as well.

And on the next page you will see a nice aluminum summit radiator for a 69 mustang. umm both hoses on the passenger side. yeah go ahead and put it in the cart while your there. Thanks for Being Such a FRIEND!!! :biglaugh::biglaugh:

1966PonyGirl
08-24-09, 04:19 PM

I am wanting to get a sign up sheet together for the next general club meeting. Also talk to a few of the members who would like to possibly host the Tech night.

Mr. Austin
08-24-09, 11:09 PM
well if i can pull some money together and get it in time before route 66 on sept 11th i need to put a new Nicer tranny oil pan. I need a lift. I dont really need help but would be nice for some pointers because one part of the c-4 gasket is very, very thin. and i cant get it to stop leaking. hopefully a new one will help but as i said i need a lift. so that is an idea for you.