View Full Version : AODE to A TKO 600

Phx99Cobra
07-15-09, 09:17 PM
What I have is a AODE Competion Transmission froms Brothers Performance
Ford Mustang 4.6L-2V 1998-2004
Part# PAU45101C-46L
AODE - Competition 4.6L 98-04

What I want is a TKO 600 5 spd

Sould I just try and swap with some one or try to sell mine seperatley. According to all my estimates the tranny in my car is worth about 4k brand new and that is with the converter, the TKO is worth about 2100 brand new. Now my tranny isnt brand new so I dont know what it usually goes for.

Any Suggestions

AZSonicSnake
07-15-09, 11:13 PM
i'd suggest finding a cobra guy thats wanting to go auto....

IMSHAKN
07-16-09, 01:28 AM
Yeah, I've got a suggestion...Stay with the auto. :)

WildBill
07-16-09, 02:48 AM

:goodidea::goodidea::goodidea:

93mustank
07-16-09, 08:23 AM
That a horrible suggestion...

That car will be 1.5 seconds faster with the right tranny and clutch behind it.

ASUSMC
07-16-09, 08:45 AM
Or even faster with the right tranny and converter behind it....

AODGTVert
07-16-09, 09:21 AM

x2 :yes:

93mustank
07-16-09, 09:54 AM
Right coverter would wake the car up a lot as it sits....

He will go back to an auto once he is 60 and wants to bracket race....until then its time to bang gears.

WildBill
07-16-09, 11:53 AM

I have to agree with slowmo.
Some of you must be forgetting that he can go with a fairly high stall in this converter and still retain lock up! My suggestion is to get with a guy I know that builds the 4r70w and specs the converters and we can give his the dyno numbers and Mike can give him the timeslip info. I'm sure that he can come up with a combo that will rock your socks............with a separate street and then a strip tranny tune.

93mustank
07-16-09, 12:06 PM
I have to agree with slowmo.
Some of you must be forgetting that he can go with a fairly high stall in this converter and still retain lock up! My suggestion is to get with a guy I know that builds the 4r70w and specs the converters and we can give his the dyno numbers and Mike can give him the timeslip info. I'm sure that he can come up with a combo that will rock your socks............with a separate street and then a strip tranny tune.

If he wanted to stay auto that would be the way to go....

But he wants a stick....

Phx99Cobra
07-16-09, 07:52 PM
I agree with everyone that the right combo with a Auto will be faster, but I am 24 and want to have some fun. Obviously my transition from auto to 5sp wont happen until I hit the lottery and or find a swap, So until then we will see.