PDA

View Full Version : I know I shouldn't have voted for McCain

WildBill
07-23-09, 10:12 PM
This is difficult for me to admit but, admit it I have to: my liberal friends were right.

They told me if I voted for McCain, the nation's Hope would deteriorate, and sure enough there has been a 20 point drop in the Consumer Confidence Index since the election, reaching a lower point than any time during the Bush administration.

They told me if I voted for McCain, the US would become more deeply embroiled in the Middle East, and sure enough, tens of thousands of additional troops are scheduled to be deployed into Afghanistan ...

They told me if I voted for McCain, that the economy would get worse, and sure enough unemployment is approaching 10% and the new stimulus packages recently sent the stock market lower than at any time since 9-11.

They told me if I voted for McCain, we would see more "crooks" in high ranking positions in Federal government and sure enough, several recent cabinet nominees and Senate appointments revealed resumes of scandal, bribery and tax fraud.

They told me if I voted for McCain, we would see more "Pork at the trough" in Federal government and sure enough, 17,500 "Pork Bills" showed up in Congress in just three weeks.

They told me if I voted for McCain, we would see more deficit spending in D.C. and sure enough, Obama spent more in just 30 days than all other Presidents together in the history of the good 'ole USA. A 3.8 trillion dollar budget, with a 900 million dollar per day interest on this current debt.

Well I ignored my Democrat friends in November and voted for McCain.

And they were right. All of their predictions have come true!:doh:

svtrichie
07-23-09, 10:41 PM
I knew that there was one person that messed it up for the rest of us, it's about time that you came forward!! I also must have messed up.

HIKER
07-23-09, 11:14 PM
-->Nice cut n paste from Rush's website and two other far right blogs....

They told me if I voted for McCain, the nation's Hope would deteriorate, and sure enough there has been a 20 point drop in the Consumer Confidence Index since the election, reaching a lower point than any time during the Bush administration.

-->Consumer Confidence Index was at 38% in Oct, 2008 and today it's at 49.3% after a small drop. Check your facts.

They told me if I voted for McCain, the US would become more deeply embroiled in the Middle East, and sure enough, tens of thousands of additional troops are scheduled to be deployed into Afghanistan ...

-->Interesting statement while as I write this there are troop withdrawals happening in Iraq and troops are expected to pull out of Iraq by August 2010 and a complete withdrawal is planned by the end of 2011. I heard Rush is telling everyone that the new 22,000 troops Gates what's are all going to Iraq.... Total BS

They told me if I voted for McCain, that the economy would get worse, and sure enough unemployment is approaching 10% and the new stimulus packages recently sent the stock market lower than at any time since 9-11.

-->Once again...total BS.. The stock market hit it's highest point today since Jan 1st of this year. Will it stay, no one knows. And on who's watch did the market fall, certainly not BO's. And anyone that's taken a basic economics class understands lag times. The stimulus package was designed to start working after 6 months, not immediately, and last for 24 months. This has been said over and over again, but you'll never hear that on AM radio. I also seem to remember at least 16 times the president saying things will get worse before they get better and that things will not get beter for at least 12-24 months but once again you'll never hear that on AM radio or Faux News.

They told me if I voted for McCain, we would see more "crooks" in high ranking positions in Federal government and sure enough, several recent cabinet nominees and Senate appointments revealed resumes of scandal, bribery and tax fraud.

-->Political crooks have been around for centuries. You're really digging deep for dirt now..kinda sound like Glen Beck crying session in a way..

They told me if I voted for McCain, we would see more "Pork at the trough" in Federal government and sure enough, 17,500 "Pork Bills" showed up in Congress in just three weeks.

-->You should of just said you had sex with Cindy Crawford last night. Both statements are about as far from the truth as they get. There's no list or even one fact online that verifies that statement as true

They told me if I voted for McCain, we would see more deficit spending in D.C. and sure enough, Obama spent more in just 30 days than all other Presidents together in the history of the good 'ole USA. A 3.8 trillion dollar budget, with a 900 million dollar per day interest on this current debt.

-->I'm curious how much money you spend on your business years ago to get it jump started? Money needs to be spent in order to make money and get money flowing again. You're a business owner, you should understand that.

If McCain was running the show all his boys would have you believing in classical economics and let things just go their course.. That's old school thought. In days world and with the ecomony the way it is, Keynesian economics is the only answer to get things turned around in a short-run.

-->I'm not bashing on the OP.....they're just cuting and pasting this far right stuff....

HIKER
07-23-09, 11:19 PM
McCains biggest mistake was crying for months on end about BO's inexperience. And then he goes out and brings Palin onboard. Talk about doing a 180. Funny how he never mentioned inexperience again once Palin was onboard....not once.

Ol' Johnny might of had a chance at living in the White House but America, well most, saw right through him.

BIG MISTAKE...

:z7shysterical:

WildBill
07-24-09, 10:05 AM

Jacostang
07-24-09, 10:21 AM
Everyone is getting exactly what they wished for.. A weaker America... More taxes than our children will be able to handle.. Tax and spend tax and spend tax payers paying for all the people living off the government.. uh hem taxpayers....

Government is not the solution.. Government is the problem

Dan
07-24-09, 10:51 AM
I farted

ASUSMC
07-24-09, 11:13 AM

El Jefe
07-24-09, 01:18 PM
This is difficult for me to admit but, admit it I have to: my conservative friends were right.

They told me if I voted for Obama, the nation's Hope would deteriorate, and sure enough there has been a 20 point drop in the Consumer Confidence Index since the election, reaching a lower point than any time during the Bush administration.

They told me if I voted for Obama, the US would become more deeply embroiled in the Middle East, and sure enough, tens of thousands of additional troops are scheduled to be deployed into Afghanistan ...

They told me if I voted for Obama, that the economy would get worse, and sure enough unemployment is approaching 10% and the new stimulus packages recently sent the stock market lower than at any time since 9-11.

They told me if I voted for Obama, we would see more "crooks" in high ranking positions in Federal government and sure enough, several recent cabinet nominees and Senate appointments revealed resumes of scandal, bribery and tax fraud.

They told me if I voted for Obama, we would see more "Pork at the trough" in Federal government and sure enough, 17,500 "Pork Bills" showed up in Congress in just three weeks.

They told me if I voted for Obama, we would see more deficit spending in D.C. and sure enough, Obama spent more in just 30 days than all other Presidents together in the history of the good 'ole USA. A 3.8 trillion dollar budget, with a 900 million dollar per day interest on this current debt.

Well I ignored my Republican friends in November and voted for McCain.

And they were right. All of their predictions have come true!:doh:
Works both ways doesn't it?

We have the chance to clean up AZ and the fact McCain has made it this far is beyond me. He must be signing up illegals to vote, because this state cant be this dumb to keep electing a man that follows 99% of the liberal tendencies. If Obama is not enough proof we need change locally then Im not sure anything will ever change. RIP America, unless we get some inexperienced new blood in office in the 2010 elections. Check out Jesse Kelly or Chris Simcox if youre interested

Jacostang
07-24-09, 02:43 PM
John Thune is the guy you should hear and elect!!! Just one more and term limits in the senate and congress!!! Now!!!

http://www.johnthune.com/

El Jefe
07-24-09, 04:42 PM
Every Senator that's been in office more than 10 years needs to step down. It was not meant to be a career job. Its sickening that there have been 85 people in office for longer than 35 years, 11 of which are still in that seat

Robert Byrd (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Byrd), John Dingell (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Dingell), Daniel Inouye (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Inouye), Ted Kennedy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kennedy), John Conyers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Conyers), Dave Obey (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Obey), Charles B. Rangel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_B._Rangel), Bill Young (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Young), Thad Cochran (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thad_Cochran), Pete Stark (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Stark), and Don Young (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Young).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_members_of_the_United_States_Congress_by_l ongevity_of_service

John Thune is the guy you should hear and elect!!! Just one more and term limits in the senate and congress!!! Now!!!

http://www.johnthune.com/
Dont see his stance on issues on that site, any other links?

98WhiteSteed
08-06-09, 12:25 AM
Funny to still see people supporting Obama like he's the hometown team. He has devastated this country with debt, he is proposing a health care bill that could bring our top notch health care to its knees, and when he tackles social security next year, we are all SCREWED. Can't wait to see how they are going to pay for that. Let me rephrase...Can't wait to see what they will tax to pay for that.

White90GT
08-06-09, 12:43 AM
I wouldn't consider a health care system ranked 37th as top notch.

"The U.S. health system spends a higher portion of its gross domestic product than any other country but ranks 37 out of 191 countries according to its performance, the report finds. The United Kingdom, which spends just six percent of GDP on health services, ranks 18 th . Several small countries – San Marino, Andorra, Malta and Singapore are rated close behind second- placed Italy."

Source World Health Organization, June 21st

WildBill
08-06-09, 07:39 AM

98WhiteSteed
08-06-09, 08:37 AM
I am talking about quality of care. None is better than the US.

"The U.S. health system spends a higher portion of its gross domestic product than any other country but ranks 37 out of 191 countries according to its performance" There can be so many meaningless factors coming into that equation that we cant just assume we rank 37th based on what someone tells us. I know the quality that people in Canada receive, the waiting lists for surgery, the denial of treatment. That is also happening in the UK, where magically they rank above us. So, to me, its a garbage ranking system.

hpmotzd
08-06-09, 08:48 AM
:flamegun:Deleted........

hpmotzd
08-06-09, 08:53 AM
Hmmmmm....................do you EVER hear of people world wide going to those countries for healthcare or ground breaking proceedures?

I DIDN"T THINK SO!

After your wife is laying in a hospital awaiting a lifesaving surgery and the doctor comes in and tells you that the insurance comapny wont cover it and its going to cost you upwards of 250,000, let me know how you feel about the health care system then. Yes, it happened to us.

El Jefe
08-06-09, 01:08 PM
Thats an unfortunate case and im sorry to hear it but what was needed to be done and why wouldnt they cover it?

White90GT
08-06-09, 01:19 PM
I am talking about quality of care. None is better than the US.

"The U.S. health system spends a higher portion of its gross domestic product than any other country but ranks 37 out of 191 countries according to its performance" There can be so many meaningless factors coming into that equation that we cant just assume we rank 37th based on what someone tells us. I know the quality that people in Canada receive, the waiting lists for surgery, the denial of treatment. That is also happening in the UK, where magically they rank above us. So, to me, its a garbage ranking system.

If you read the entire report the US was 47th overall in quality of care.

WildBill
08-06-09, 01:22 PM
After your wife is laying in a hospital awaiting a lifesaving surgery and the doctor comes in and tells you that the insurance comapny wont cover it and its going to cost you upwards of 250,000, let me know how you feel about the health care system then. Yes, it happened to us.

Thank God she's alive.

hpmotzd
08-06-09, 02:45 PM
Thank God she's alive.

Thanks!! :pinkthumb:

hpmotzd
08-06-09, 03:00 PM
Thats an unfortunate case and im sorry to hear it but what was needed to be done and why wouldnt they cover it?

Long looooong story, bad medical care and a chronic illness. The Doctor fought the ins. company the entire day and got them to approve it the next day. Its a nightmare thinking you have to make the choice between a surgery and bankruptcy. The point is that until you have to deal with the whole insurance/medical "disaster" on a daily basis, you cant believe how much it needs overhaul. Those of you who know us can see the evidence of poor medical care.
anyway, enough of this depressing shit, lets talk about cars. :twothumbsup:

ttocs
08-06-09, 05:52 PM
don't get me started on insurance companies and dr's. With all the health/digestive issues I have developed in the last few years I HATE them both.

This use to be a fun site.

El Jefe
08-06-09, 06:03 PM
Long looooong story, bad medical care and a chronic illness. The Doctor fought the ins. company the entire day and got them to approve it the next day. Its a nightmare thinking you have to make the choice between a surgery and bankruptcy. The point is that until you have to deal with the whole insurance/medical "disaster" on a daily basis, you cant believe how much it needs overhaul. Those of you who know us can see the evidence of poor medical care.
anyway, enough of this depressing shit, lets talk about cars. :twothumbsup:
I dont know, if we dont talk about this we wont have cars to talk about. They already wipes out all the "clunkers."

Sounds like it all worked out and with my grandma last year, we found out she didnt have Part A. When the government gets a hold of our health care there will be no negotiating or arguing. The bureaucrats decide what goes and they have the final say.

silver03cobra
11-07-09, 05:08 PM
chuck norris/ted nugent 2012.... all our problems would be solved..... lol

:laughing1:

btw if you did vote for obama....... this is all your falt...:dunno:

BurnTire
11-07-09, 06:55 PM
chuck norris/ted nugent 2012.... all our problems would be solved..... lol

:laughing1:

btw if you did vote for obama....... this is all your falt...:dunno:

I would vote for that ticket.

El Jefe
11-08-09, 09:50 AM
Healthcare passed the House last night....we are approaching times our nation has not seen in a long time. I see the Govt has taken over 10 more banks in the last 3 weeks as well. Our future is very bleak

Of the people, by the people, for the people is no longer accurate.

A govt big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take everything you have

WildBill
11-09-09, 08:01 AM
Healthcare passed the House last night....we are approaching times our nation has not seen in a long time. I see the Govt has taken over 10 more banks in the last 3 weeks as well. Our future is very bleak

Of the people, by the people, for the people is no longer accurate.

A govt big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take everything you have

WHere was the posting of the ACTUAL BILL that Ms Pisslosy said she would publish BEFORE Congress voted on the bill?????????...................damn lying b*tch!

El Jefe
11-10-09, 10:46 AM
WHere was the posting of the ACTUAL BILL that Ms Pisslosy said she would publish BEFORE Congress voted on the bill?????????...................damn lying b*tch!
It was up for a day or 2 I believe. And if you are a speed reader it would of taken you a couple days to read. Maybe a couple weeks to understand the verbiage

None of the lawmakers read it, they couldnt have. Funny part was when I was watching the debate on CSPAN Saturday they were talking about how horrible the Repubs bill was and how they probably didnt even read it. Last I heard the Dems bill was 2,032 pages