PDA

View Full Version : Windows roll up to high?

OH3MGSVT
07-28-09, 04:02 PM
Im having a problem with both my passenger and drivers side window. It wasnt always like this, it started with the passenger and then my drivers side started doing it. When I roll up my window all the way up it catches on my top. It also isnt flush when its rolled up like there is a gap between the front window to the back one. Does it have something to do with the window track or what? Im forced to crack the window a tiny bit so im able to get out of the car, but it becomes a problem when I try to wash it or it rains. Anybody know how I can fix this problem?????? Any help is appreciated.

ttocs
07-28-09, 04:22 PM
I don't suppose if you were to shake the door that you hear something rattling do you? I think that there is(or supposed to be) a piece of the bottom of the glass that tells the motor when it is in its full top and bottom location and it has a tendency to fall off. Doesn't take anthing more then pulling the door panel off, fishing it out and using some fresh sillycone to put it back on.

If you do not know how to remove your door panels or need some help let me know. Never done this part myself but heard about and expected to have to do it on my 94 sooner or later.

OH3MGSVT
07-28-09, 05:09 PM
From what I hear everytime I open and close the door I dont hear any rattling or anything, but it makes me want to go out and check to see. Im not sure how to take the door panels off either

OH3MGSVT
07-28-09, 05:32 PM
Nope not a single noise when I shook the door

ttocs
07-28-09, 07:53 PM
it probably has something to do with the limit switches in the door but you would have to take the panel off to look. I can help if you want to check, I am in gilbert.

OH3MGSVT
07-28-09, 07:59 PM
oh okay yeah im not sure whats up with it. But gilbert is a bit far for me, im in Northwest Phoenix. I'll see if I can afford to make a trip out there

rdrumm
07-29-09, 07:55 AM
Happen to me, it was the battery. It was bad, 9 volts, not enough to save the memory in the sensors. It needs 12 volts. A new battery fixed the problem.

OH3MGSVT
07-29-09, 09:23 AM
Hmm my battery seems to be fine so I dont know if that would do it but it wouldnt hurt. I asked on SVTP and one guy said if I take the door panel off there are 2 screws near the nop of the window that can adjust how high it rolls up, so that could be it too

rdrumm
07-29-09, 09:25 AM
My battery seemed to be fine too... test for 12 volts just to be sure!

OH3MGSVT
07-29-09, 09:31 AM
Ah okay will do