PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Decide...

AZSonicSnake
08-19-06, 12:11 AM
Ok, so i am going to be keeping my 98, and making it my track car. the one i can beat up, and hammer on. but i am selling off the wifes suv, and she is taking over my "other" car. so, i am in the market for another mustang. i love the 98 so much that i want to get another mustang. but i want the new one to be more of a daily driver car, and something a little more unique than just a gt. so, i have nailed down the choices to two cars, either a 03 grabber blue mach 1, or a sonic blue 03 cobra. i know the ins and outs of both, and the equipment used on both. so what i am asking is what do you guys think? i will be using what ever i get to commute back and forth to work, and leaving fairly close to stock, so what do ya think will be my best bet?

thanks for any and all input!!

Indy
08-19-06, 12:49 AM
If your going for rarety there were less Machs:icon_cool: then Cobras. If its just for a DD that a blast to drive go with the cobra after all it comes with a blower and a 6sp stock! :cool: Either way you won't be disappointed.:biggrin:

BurnTire
08-19-06, 12:52 AM
Go with the cobra. With just a 2.93, CAI, Catted X ,and Cat Back I ran 11.8 at 119. You can't go wrong, but either way they are both nice cars.

AZSonicSnake
08-19-06, 01:38 AM
exactly...thats my problem. lol. originally started this with a cobra in mind, but started thinking about getting a mach, mainly since the wife alotted 25k, using the extra for a pro charger for the 98. see, that doesn't sound too bad either.

BurnTire
08-19-06, 01:52 AM
The good thing about a cobra is the forged internals. You can't run 17 lbs on a stock Mach block. It is all a matter of how fast you want to go. I always say overbuy the first time. LOL

AZSonicSnake
08-19-06, 01:55 AM
nah, i wouldn't put the sc on the mach, the next stang i get will be left mainly stock. with maybe a few things. i am gonna go nuts on the 98, and make it an all out drag car, thus i would put the pro charger on it. not the new car. either way i want to end up with a supercharged car. :icon_biggrin:

BurnTire
08-19-06, 02:22 AM
Sounds like a plan.:beerchug:

Blackmagic1
08-19-06, 11:17 AM
If its mainly a back and forth to work car ,go with the Mach. Which would you want to risk on the road more the Mach or a Cobra?:icon_rolleyes:

AZSonicSnake
08-19-06, 12:28 PM
very true. thats been the thought. plus i need something that get some kind of gas milage. i mean, i am not going to bitch about gas milage, especially when i want a car with a v-8, but, you know what i mean.

BurnTire
08-19-06, 12:56 PM
You can get one of these.

Crazy CRX Video - Metacafe (http://www.metacafe.com/watch/94341/crazy_crx/)

AZSonicSnake
08-19-06, 01:43 PM
hahahahaha. funny. cept it still has a crappy honda body...lol...

matt
08-19-06, 05:51 PM
The only reason I would get a Mach over the Cobra was if I wanted an automatic versus a manual. For a DD auto would be nice and still has great potential for drag racing. It's a good feeling when you and your wife can enjoy the same hobby.

Indy
08-19-06, 08:37 PM
The only reason I would get a Mach over the Cobra was if I wanted an automatic versus a manual. For a DD auto would be nice and still has great potential for drag racing. It's a good feeling when you and your wife can enjoy the same hobby.

I agree 100%

AZSonicSnake
08-20-06, 01:25 AM
if i could find a azure blue mach with an auto, that would be a find. not many out there. but really, when i decided to pursure the new stang, the wife was all excited about getting my mazda that i have been modding for the past few years, i even mentioned parting it out to get the new mustang, and she said (exactly) "over my dead body" and i told her, well then lets sell your suv and you can drive the 6 (mazda), and she told me sounds great, she really wants to drive the car i have been tinkering on for the past few years because she really digs the attention, and likes the car. so, i guess thats a good start. means to me that shes possibly getting in on this, and she has been helping with the search for my next car. which is just awesome. now if i can only find the car...lol.

Indy
08-20-06, 03:36 PM
Good luck with your hunt. It took me about 6 months to find my :icon_cool: black Mach with an automatic for DD duties so don't give up. It'll be worth the wait to get what you want. Check on the Mach 1 boards an you might find what your looking for sooner, and I'll keep an eye out for one for ya in the mean time.:cool:

AZSonicSnake
08-20-06, 05:24 PM
i appreciate any help! i think i may have found one in alb. new mexico. so, gonna look into it. :mrgreen: