PDA

View Full Version : any ideas?

Jodaddy
08-02-09, 11:48 PM
well, once again...Im lookin for more speed and more power.

Gettin a NX 100 shot for the stang
BUT.....
also wanting more constant power for just driving on the street. What can i do next? already have gears, which made a HUGE difference but what next? what can be added for additional power to make my car quicker on its feet? Besides a supercharger and a bigger shot? i unfortunatly dont have 5 grand to spend.

Wharf Rat
08-03-09, 12:03 PM
Longtubes and cams

AZSonicSnake
08-03-09, 12:24 PM
trade it in for an 03-04 cobra. :biglaugh: :laughing: :sticktonge:

OH3MGSVT
08-03-09, 01:06 PM

ahahaha! +1!!!!

OH3MGSVT
08-03-09, 01:07 PM
Just get a Flux capacitor and call it a day

Jodaddy
08-03-09, 02:01 PM
found one on e-bay. Low year-age only showing 352.7 on the trip-o-meter. Great price only 2 GRAND! Cheaper then the supercharger but less fuel efficient! Mounts Directly were my back seat is. Gaurentee'd to cut my quarter mile times by years!

http://www.thegreenhead.com/imgs/back-to-the-future-flux-capacitor-replica-3.jpg

ASUSMC
08-03-09, 02:15 PM

Mine is for sale. I am a motivated seller!!!!

OH3MGSVT
08-03-09, 02:18 PM
Mine is for sale. I am a motivated seller!!!!
Then motivate yourself to trade it to me for my car plus cash

DSALEEN
08-03-09, 02:25 PM
Get a saleen extreme then you dont have to worry about power lllllllllloooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllll

Jodaddy
08-03-09, 02:28 PM
<----19 years old. No money for a saleen, cant afford to get rid of my car for another right now. sooooooooo i guess im sht outa luck?

DSALEEN
08-03-09, 02:30 PM
Your car is a great car

OH3MGSVT
08-03-09, 02:32 PM
In all honesty though there isnt really anything else you can do for more power other than a supercharger and what else was mentioned (longtubes, cams) Unless you tear into the motor and get higher compression pistons, Port and polished heads, intake, etc. but dont really know how much power that will yield you.

Blackmagic1
08-03-09, 11:24 PM
I've got some cams for ya (still)

2nd2nunn
08-05-09, 01:29 AM
we can set you up for a set of the cams, tune ,and throw in a free nitrous tune too. if your interested shoot me a PM. With the cams you'll be in the neighborhood of 330RWHP range off the bottle

05mustangman
08-05-09, 04:25 PM
i would have to agree with the longtubes. also a new tune maybe.

LSlayer
08-11-09, 09:55 PM
Besides L/Ts and Cams, an Alum driveshaft, clutch and flywheel will make your ride a bit quicker. While your doing cams and L/Ts might as well delete those CMCVs. Underdrive pullies. Electrical water pump. These parts are relatively cheap by themselves but when you add them all up you will out of 4-4.5K And thats not even counting labor if you dont do the work yourself.

billyboss
08-12-09, 07:15 PM
save your money till you have enough for a supercharger, most bang for the buck period, you can do all the things mentioned and still not be where a supercharger will put you. there was a complete system on e-bay a couple of weeks ago, I believe it was a tvs with everything including fuel pumps that went for 4000

billyboss
08-12-09, 07:26 PM
I take that back it was a ford racing,but one heck of a deal
500 HP SUPER PACK FROM FORD RACING. THIS KIT IS POLISHED AND INCLUDES SMALL PULLEY WHICH PROVIDES APPROXIMATELY 11 PSI OF BOOST. COMPLETE AIR TO LIQUID INTERCOOLER SYSTEM AND DUAL FUEL PUMP, FUEL PUMP DRIVER AND HARNESS. ALSO INCLUDED ARE SPARK PLUGS, 32LB/HR FUEL INJECTORS, 95MM MASS AIR FLOW METER, OPEN ELEMENT AIR CLEANER, HIGH FLOW AIR INTAKE TUBE, ACCESSORY DRIVE BELT AND 4.6L 3V ALUMINUM INTAKE MANIFOLD AND WATER CROSSOVER PIPE. THIS ITEM IS FOR 2005-2007 MUSTANG GT MANUAL TRANSMISSION ONLY!!! ONLY ONE AT THIS STARTING BID. LIST PRICE IS NEAR $7,000.00 SO GET IN ON IT AND ADD THIS EMISSIONS LEGAL POWER KIT NOW. REQUIRES PREMIUM FUEL.
FREE UPS GROUND SHIPPING IN CONTINENTAL U.S.you just have to be patient and keep looking and bidding at what you want to pay,I won't tell you what I paid for my saleen, but have never seen one cheaper then I paid

WildBill
08-12-09, 07:29 PM
save your money till you have enough for a supercharger, most bang for the buck period, you can do all the things mentioned and still not be where a supercharger will put you. there was a complete system on e-bay a couple of weeks ago, I believe it was a tvs with everything including fuel pumps that went for 4000

I agree.

LTs alone just don't make much HP..............with cams, no head porting and a tune, you'll see 45 to 55 RWHP gain.

NOW...........I hope you have some money saved Jodaddy. I MAY have a used WHIPPLE for sale pretty soon.

05mustangman
08-12-09, 11:19 PM
yea but longtubes usually make more top end torque rather than horses. i would definitely try to do the used whipple if you can mike.

Wades GT
08-13-09, 02:39 PM
500 HP SUPER PACK FROM FORD RACING. THIS KIT IS POLISHED AND INCLUDES SMALL PULLEY WHICH PROVIDES APPROXIMATELY 11 PSI OF BOOST. COMPLETE AIR TO LIQUID INTERCOOLER SYSTEM AND DUAL FUEL PUMP, FUEL PUMP DRIVER AND HARNESS. ALSO INCLUDED ARE SPARK PLUGS, 32LB/HR FUEL INJECTORS, 95MM MASS AIR FLOW METER, OPEN ELEMENT AIR CLEANER, HIGH FLOW AIR INTAKE TUBE, ACCESSORY DRIVE BELT AND 4.6L 3V ALUMINUM INTAKE MANIFOLD AND WATER CROSSOVER PIPE. THIS ITEM IS FOR 2005-2007 MUSTANG GT MANUAL TRANSMISSION ONLY!!! ONLY ONE AT THIS STARTING BID. LIST PRICE IS NEAR $7,000.00 SO GET IN ON IT AND ADD THIS EMISSIONS LEGAL POWER KIT NOW. REQUIRES PREMIUM FUEL.
FREE UPS GROUND SHIPPING IN CONTINENTAL U.S.you just have to be patient and keep looking and bidding at what you want to pay,I won't tell you what I paid for my saleen, but have never seen one cheaper then I paid
That would be sweet.

2nd2nunn
08-13-09, 04:08 PM
yea but longtubes usually make more top end torque rather than horses. i would definitely try to do the used whipple if you can mike.

not really worth it, but if you want to spend $1600 for an additional 3 ft/lbsof trq and 2 RWHP then be my guest. most people do it for the sound.

LSlayer
08-13-09, 08:22 PM
not really worth it, but if you want to spend $1600 for an additional 3 ft/lbsof trq and 2 RWHP then be my guest. most people do it for the sound.

Wow thats all you get outta L/Ts? I know its not a lot when your N/A but I figured at least 15rwhp/rwtq. Maybe 20 on each with a tune. Only reason why Ive held off on L/Ts it cause I havent made a final choice on what power adder I want and if I do go blown I want 1 3/4 primaries.

Wharf Rat
08-14-09, 01:14 AM

No, no, no! I shoulda bought the Whipple for 4 grand and he should be buying my Roushcharger for $2000. :2thumbs:

First I gotta get the "wife that has had enough" delete mod...