PDA

View Full Version : ABS code c1805

xecutioner
08-05-09, 10:28 PM
for a couple of weeks now my ABS light has been popping up, it will go away but then it returns. today i hooked it up to a scanner and it says C1805 for mismatched PCM/ and or ABS module, how do i go about fixing this? i hadnt had any issues previously in regards to ABS light coming on, my vehicle is a 2001 cobra

WildBill
08-05-09, 10:47 PM
Have you changed ANYTHING?

xecutioner
08-05-09, 11:33 PM
i have done nothing because i dont even know what to do?...

WildBill
08-05-09, 11:53 PM
i have done nothing because i dont even know what to do?...

Have you changed ANYTHING..........RECENTLY?

xecutioner
08-06-09, 12:05 AM
only thing that has changed was i put on another pair of rims with drag radials on them. other than that nothing new, like a couple weeks after that is when the light started coming on. at first it just turned on but then went away. then it started to stay on for like a 15 mins or so but turn off. then it started to stay on for like a day or so. i dont drive my car very much since my work is only about 6 miles from my house and i dont really drive it much otherwise since most of what i do is near my home.

BurnTire
08-06-09, 07:08 AM
Are the front and rear tires the same size height wise?

xecutioner
08-06-09, 07:30 AM
fronts are 255/45/17 and rears are 315/35/17, my rears were 275/40/17 for a couple of months before going back to 315/35/17. but before that it had always been with 315/35/17's

WildBill
08-06-09, 07:45 AM
Are the front and rear tires the same size height wise?

fronts are 255/45/17 and rears are 315/35/17, my rears were 275/40/17 for a couple of months before going back to 315/35/17. but before that it had always been with 315/35/17's

Ya didn't answer his question. Do ya want us to go look up tire sizes for you to answer his question?

Come on man. We're trying to help you out here.

BurnTire
08-06-09, 08:37 AM
ABS Light is common when the front and rear tires have a different diameter.

xecutioner
08-06-09, 01:12 PM
Ya didn't answer his question. Do ya want us to go look up tire sizes for you to answer his question?

Come on man. We're trying to help you out here.
when he asked me if they were different what should my response have been? just YES? i gave details in case it mattered. apparently these questions must be going right over my head or your just giving me shit for no reason.

xecutioner
08-06-09, 01:15 PM
ABS Light is common when the front and rear tires have a different diameter.
a friend of mine actually mentioned this to me as well, it just didnt make sense since ive had the veh for 3 years and almost the entire time was with this tire combination. i guess mainly im worried about it being a serious issue since ive never encountered it before and just the annoyance of it turning on and off. i dont know what to start with or what it even means.

WildBill
08-06-09, 01:32 PM
when he asked me if they were different what should my response have been? just YES? i gave details in case it mattered. apparently these questions must be going right over my head or your just giving me shit for no reason.

I don't give people crap for no reason.
Since YOU are asking for help, you should be as helpful as possible. The correct reply to his/our question would have been to list the front and rear tire height. We could then calculate if the difference was enough to be the cause of the ABS light coming on.
Not all tire mfg have the same tire height or revs per mile, so you would have either given the actual tire dimentions or given us the mfg adn model and size for us to look it up ourselves.
I NEVER mind helping someone, but I dislike the back and fourth 20 questions thing.:pinkthumb:

ThePunisher95
08-06-09, 05:16 PM
Well if u dont like the 20 questions u shouldnt seem like a a hole or a e thug that ur obviously seem to be on this thread, hell most threads u reply 2, u seem to be one. If you were trying to help maybe you should ask more specific questions. That was a good answer to the burntires question. In the field your in you SHOULD be smart enough to know that not everyone knows exactly what YOUR talking about when you ask a question. :pinkthumb: Hell if your were smart enough he could of been a easy customer for you to pull to your shop. Obviously not anymore

BurnTire
08-06-09, 07:45 PM
a friend of mine actually mentioned this to me as well, it just didnt make sense since ive had the veh for 3 years and almost the entire time was with this tire combination. i guess mainly im worried about it being a serious issue since ive never encountered it before and just the annoyance of it turning on and off. i dont know what to start with or what it even means.

A good test would be to get equal height tires and see if the problem persists.
Does the ABS light stay on or just flash?

xecutioner
08-06-09, 09:08 PM
A good test would be to get equal height tires and see if the problem persists.
Does the ABS light stay on or just flash?
well actually in the last 2 days it hasnt turned back on. before it would come on and stay on for a couple hours then turn off. but it hasnt turned back on. i dont drive my car very far though only about 10 miles a day. but i'll definately see if i can come across some same sized tires and see if the problem persist. thanks for the help i really appreciate it

Jodaddy
08-06-09, 09:12 PM
woooh wooh woh dont get all butt hurt over dumb stuff bill's just messin around, he may have been sarcastic but shit who isnt?