PDA

View Full Version : Engine blew up!

izzie
08-19-09, 10:37 AM
I have a friend in Switzerland who's 2005 Mustang GT just blew his engine. I don't know too much specific except that during engine teardown, pieces of piston were discovered in the bottom of the oil pan. Water was also found in the oil. Does anyone know of any particular problem with that year regarding the V8 or V6 motors (the motor had 67,000 km's). The driver is shocked as he has never driven the car hard.
thanks!
http://redmustanggt05.skyrock.com/

ASUSMC
08-19-09, 11:08 AM
Was anything done to the car (ie: supercharger, nitrous)?

izzie
08-19-09, 11:10 AM
No nothing!

06Hoss
08-21-09, 09:16 AM
I have a friend in Switzerland who's 2005 Mustang GT just blew his engine. I don't know too much specific except that during engine teardown, pieces of piston were discovered in the bottom of the oil pan. Water was also found in the oil. Does anyone know of any particular problem with that year regarding the V8 or V6 motors (the motor had 67,000 km's). The driver is shocked as he has never driven the car hard.
thanks!
http://redmustanggt05.skyrock.com/

Could be related hard to say,but the VCT phaser is known to fail and cause some serious damage.Have a freind whos VCT phaser failed on his 05,and took his out.Luckily for him Ford put a new engine in for him.He wasn't too pleased with the dealership who did the install,but thats a whole other issue.
Good luck.

Jacostang
08-21-09, 09:31 AM
Been on several mustang forums for many many yeras and have never heard of a engine just detonating without some kind of issue that was pushing the engine. No stockers doing that..

06Hoss
08-21-09, 09:45 AM
Oh and his was stone stock,He was afraid to violate his waranty.Saved his butt for sure.

izzie
08-21-09, 10:08 AM
Been on several mustang forums for many many yeras and have never heard of a engine just detonating without some kind of issue that was pushing the engine. No stockers doing that..

You do not know the switzerland' reputation?
They are very slow, just killing:laughing:

WildBill
08-23-09, 04:10 PM
Could be related hard to say,but the VCT phaser is known to fail and cause some serious damage.Have a freind whos VCT phaser failed on his 05,and took his out.Luckily for him Ford put a new engine in for him.He wasn't too pleased with the dealership who did the install,but thats a whole other issue.
Good luck.

Yup.............05s were really bad about that.

Izzy
Ask your friend if he had odd noises at low rpms just before it blew.

izzie
08-24-09, 11:36 AM
I ask him
Thanks!

izzie
08-24-09, 02:02 PM
Yes, the engine make some Odd noises, but not every time, like the valves making a very strong ticking sound!

WildBill
08-25-09, 10:26 AM
Yes, the engine make some Odd noises, but not every time, like the valves making a very strong ticking sound!

YUP!! Cam phasers went south! Very common on 05 and some 06 STOCK.
Still a problem if you put in higher rate springs in the heads.

izzie
08-25-09, 06:09 PM
:hi:Thanks WildBill@PSR

97desertCobra
09-01-09, 09:41 AM
Wow that sucks to have a stock engine fail.

WildBill
09-01-09, 09:48 AM
Wow that sucks to have a stock engine fail.

It was all too common on the 05s.

97desertCobra
09-10-09, 09:25 AM
It was all too common on the 05s.

Just another reason why I never buy the first year of any new generation car.

ttocs
09-10-09, 11:59 AM
what did your friend end up doing?

izzie
09-18-09, 10:01 AM
what did your friend end up doing?

He wrote multiple letters to insurance, Ford Europe, Ford USA Cleveland ......
No answers
Do you have an idea where he should write to?:hi:

ZachFr
11-27-09, 11:13 PM
That's horrible to hear...

Try the factory where it was built, if you haven't? Maybe they could direct you somewhere else, if anything?

I really hope this works out in your friend's favor!

Edit... nvm, looks like you already tried the factory? Hate to state the obvious, but a dealer? Can't think of anywhere else!

izzie
11-28-09, 06:38 AM
Yap No answers!
Does not look good!

ZachFr
12-12-09, 08:10 PM
Let us know if there are any updates!

Just another reason why I never buy the first year of any new generation car.

Same here.