PDA

View Full Version : Upholstery work

C0braFan
08-24-06, 05:48 PM
Recommend a good upholstery shop in Phoenix?

Hi fellow CMC members. I'm looking for any recommendations for a good local upholstery shop. I haven't a clue where to begin looking, so I'd appreciate a good word for a shop you've worked with before with good results. I'm looking to get some custom work done on a small scale, like headrests and floor mats, nothing like a complete interior. Thanks!

HanksGT
08-24-06, 11:05 PM
Recommend a good upholstery shop in Phoenix?

Hi fellow CMC members. I'm looking for any recommendations for a good local upholstery shop. I haven't a clue where to begin looking, so I'd appreciate a good word for a shop you've worked with before with good results. I'm looking to get some custom work done on a small scale, like headrests and floor mats, nothing like a complete interior. Thanks!

I have used Bell Auto Upholstery (22nd Ave and Bell Rd) (602) 866-2125. They recovered the front seats in my '89 McLaren. They fixed the seats in my neighbors '87 McLaren. They replaced a top on a friends '96 Stang. We were all pleased with the choices, price and quality.

Hank
'89 McLaren #176
'87 McLaren #134
'85 GT
Phoenix

C0braFan
08-25-06, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the referral, I appreciate it! I'll give them a call.

I wish they were closer, though. If anyone can recommend a shop in Glendale, Avondale, or Goodyear area that would be great. I commute to Tempe, so anything around there would be helpful too. Thanks!

Okay, just an update, the fellow at Bell told me that I need to look up an embroidery shop for the custom stitching I'm looking to do.

HanksGT
09-18-06, 01:04 AM
Art from the club recently went to Bell for new seats. They sent him to an embroidery shop just down the street. They embroidered the ASC/McLaren logo perfectly on his new seats. I'm going to check if they can upgrade mine.

I wish they were closer, though. If anyone can recommend a shop in Glendale, Avondale, or Goodyear area that would be great. I commute to Tempe, so anything around there would be helpful too. Thanks!

Okay, just an update, the fellow at Bell told me that I need to look up an embroidery shop for the custom stitching I'm looking to do.

Torchmach
09-25-06, 07:53 PM

Check out Able Auto Upholstery 5230 W Glendale 623 934-2929. They do very good work at reasonable prices. Have had them do some work on my 88' GT. They also do convertible tops.