PDA

View Full Version : They always said to use protection!

xsenerg
09-05-09, 08:29 PM
So, being new to the sports car world, and knowing nothing about security systems, I was wondering what you folks use to protect your most prized machines? I have a 15 year old bulldog system on my car. I have not had a chance to look it over for any kill switches or anything. I was thinking to go with a two way alarm and remote start, is this too much? I am thinking of a kill switch somewhere. Is all of this overkill? Any bad experiences out there with hoodlums? I read a few about guys just coming up to your car in your driveway!?!?! Ridiculous!!

Jacostang
09-05-09, 09:12 PM
I have an Auto lock on all my cars, the one that goes over the clutch or brake pedal..

TruBluScreamer
09-07-09, 05:24 PM
Youre vehicles are never safe no matter what.... A friend from work had his car stolen out of his garage!!! The thief forced his garage door open and stole his car while he was sleeping!! So if they want your stuff bad enough they will get it!! Best bet in my eyes is a good security system and maybe a hidden kill switch somewhere in the car.... One that only you know about....

wickedcobra
09-07-09, 05:51 PM
XD-40 sub compact

Mr. Austin
09-07-09, 06:19 PM
Youre vehicles are never safe no matter what.... A friend from work had his car stolen out of his garage!!! The thief forced his garage door open and stole his car while he was sleeping!! So if they want your stuff bad enough they will get it!! Best bet in my eyes is a good security system and maybe a hidden kill switch somewhere in the car.... One that only you know about....

HAHAHAHA i would love to see that.
My car rattles my walls just at an idle

xsenerg
09-07-09, 06:33 PM
XD-40 sub compact
Got that one covered. I love my XD!

RockysMom
09-07-09, 07:52 PM
Best one is LoJack, They installed it on my assistants car and they wouldnt even let him watch. Thats how secure it is, they dont want the owners seeing where it is so they dont steal thier own cars lol. But its worth it.
And it will notify you if the car so much as moves an inch.