PDA

View Full Version : Set new best at Speed world to night

Indy
08-27-06, 03:57 AM
I went 13.77 in a basically stock 03 Mach1 with an automatic.:icon_cool:
Thats my first 13 with this car.:beerchug: There were alot of stang out there to night.

AZSonicSnake
08-27-06, 12:06 PM
hell yeah man! grats! thats hauling ass! sorry i bailed, but there were a ton of stangs at the pavs too. i will most definetly be down the next time, because i will need to get that blue car out there soon. :mrgreen:

Indy
08-27-06, 12:28 PM
I'll be going again soon. Now I need low 13's or high 12's:icon_cool: . That Cobra should run in the low 12's, we'll have to find out soon.

Torchmach
08-27-06, 12:34 PM
Congratulations Shane, you got that monkey off your back!

I ran a 13.91 @ 103.043 (no A/C, or traction control on) on my 4th, and last pass, my personal best.... so far. They told me my tailights were out when I got to the timeslip shack, (they weren't) after all that had been going on earler, that was the final straw. I did have a dog at home that needed to be walked, so it was a good time to go. Didn't look at the last slip until I got home, or I might have stayed. Next time the MM LCA's and full length subframe connectors will be in.

Indy
08-27-06, 12:38 PM
Thanks. Thats a nice run I wondered what happened to ya. Your next set of mod should help drop your time even more.

Torchmach
08-27-06, 12:44 PM
It should help keep the rear suspension under control during the 1-2 upshift. that is killing me right now. Should get out of the hole better too.

Indy
08-27-06, 12:51 PM
Are you going to get them installed in time for the HPS track day?

Torchmach
08-27-06, 02:04 PM
Are you going to get them installed in time for the HPS track day?

I plan on having them in, and 1-2 visits to the track before the Copperstate Mustang Club goes to Firebird Oct 13. Temps will be way down by then, and I am hoping for 13.3-13.5's.

Indy
08-27-06, 02:29 PM
Good luck on the 13th. Do you have to be a member of CMC to race that day?

BurnTire
08-27-06, 02:44 PM
No they are going on a usual friday night program.

Indy
08-27-06, 02:46 PM
No they are going on a usual friday night program.

Okay, thanks.

Torchmach
08-27-06, 03:03 PM

It should be a good time, they have given us our own lane in the past, and kept our Cars moving. Hopefully there won't be any bikes running that evening, some of them can spend a lot of time, getting up the courage to make their run!

We will be handing out Trophies for quickest reaction, best 60', best ET, and fastest trap.

AZSonicSnake
08-27-06, 03:08 PM
looks like i need to join up the copperstate club. i wanna play too. :)

Torchmach
08-27-06, 03:48 PM
looks like i need to join up the copperstate club. i wanna play too. :)
You don't need to be a member to come down to Firebird Oct 13, to play with the other pony drivers, but we do a lot of fun things thru the year that don't get publicize. You can check out our calendar at www.copperstatemustangclub.com (http://www.copperstatemustangclub.com) to see what we do. There is membership info on our site too.

Should be some Cars from the Southern Arizona Mustang Club in Tucson Oct. 13 too!

AZSonicSnake
08-27-06, 07:24 PM
cool cool. think i will join the club too though. i have caught this bug called mustang rather badly. :cool:

BurnTire
08-27-06, 08:23 PM
cool cool. think i will join the club too though. i have caught this bug called mustang rather badly. :cool:

You think it is bad now wait until you start taking the cobra to the track.

AZSonicSnake
08-27-06, 08:49 PM
i can only imagine. :icon_biggrin: :mrgreen: :icon_eek: