PDA

View Full Version : Import vs Domestic, anyone going?

Sqrlnts
08-28-06, 06:36 AM
Just curious if anyone is going, its at Fireturd Raceway. Anyone gonna be racing? Or will it just be me and my mighty 15 second door slammer snacking on rice? :chair: :mrgreen:

Event Info (http://www.importsvsdomestics.com/)

AZSonicSnake
08-28-06, 10:39 AM
if i can get some track time in on the terminator before then i will be bringin it. otherwise i will just roll my slow white pony. and run my high 14's all night. lol.

oh, plus i need to find a helmet for my bulbous head...:cool:

Sqrlnts
08-28-06, 12:01 PM
AZMGT,
I have two helmets. You are more than welcome to use one of em if it means you will pummel a civic :lol:

AZSonicSnake
08-28-06, 01:52 PM
hahaha. hell yeah. i am going shopping for one this weekend. got a few cycle shops up in the north valley that i should probably be able to find something at. then i just need to get some track time with the new beast. and it will be time to eat some rice. :beerchug:

Indy
08-28-06, 07:16 PM
I'm might be able to make it. AZMGT are you gonna take your new BEAST down the track ahead of time, so you can get use to it.

AZSonicSnake
08-28-06, 07:17 PM
well, to be honest, if i haven't i won't be racing it. not gonna chance it. so, we will see. might try to this weekend if not.....might just be dragging the slow white car.

Indy
08-28-06, 07:20 PM
Smart thinking. What are you having done after you buy it Thursday.

AZSonicSnake
08-28-06, 07:24 PM
gonna have the mid pipe and exhaust changed out, diablosport tuner, and tuned, sub frames, and replacing the stock rear control arms, and new gears since the current ones whine. i also have a jlt cai on the way too. so, a few things, mainly needed the tune, since dan told me with the 2.8 pulley, i could not get on it till then.

Indy
08-28-06, 07:27 PM
I would agree with Dan on that. So what do you think it'll run? Low 12's High 11's?

AZSonicSnake
08-28-06, 07:32 PM
dan says the car is capable of high 11's. but thats the car. lol. i am thinking if i, i being the key word there, run in the 12 range, i will be happy. if this car someday gets in the 11's i will be totally happy and more than satisfied. i am not tryin to be the fastest guy in az or something. just want a nice car that can put down a respectable time. :cool:

Indy
08-28-06, 07:33 PM
Same here

Torchmach
08-28-06, 08:28 PM
i am not tryin to be the fastest guy in az or something. just want a nice car that can put down a respectable time. :cool:

That is my philosophy too, There are a lot of very fast Cars that look like total POS's while sitting in traffic. I would rather be sitting in something that I am proud to own, that still puts up better than average numbers when the lights go green.

While we are at it, lets leave the ricers alone. Most of them would trade places with us in a hoofbeat.

AZSonicSnake
08-28-06, 10:00 PM
That is my philosophy too, There are a lot of very fast Cars that look like total POS's while sitting in traffic. I would rather be sitting in something that I am proud to own, that still puts up better than average numbers when the lights go green.

While we are at it, lets leave the ricers alone. Most of them would trade places with us in a hoofbeat.

well said my friend. well said. :beerchug:

BurnTire
08-28-06, 10:14 PM
I ran 11.8 with a catted x, cat back , CAI and a 2.93
With a 1.7 60 ft time.
So you will be able to run 11's with good driving.

Sqrlnts
09-09-06, 02:02 AM
Alright, I am def going. I have heard rumor of a bikini contest :2thumbs: . Might have to prod the old lady into dressing down for that one!

vicious781
09-09-06, 02:25 AM
Alright, I am def going. I have heard rumor of a bikini contest :2thumbs: . Might have to prod the old lady into dressing down for that one!

well, that sold me! The bikini contest that is! I think I will be down there with my DLSR. Wont be racing though, need helmut, tires, diff brace....ect.

Brakelate
09-09-06, 03:18 AM
Forgive me for sounding dumb, but what is a DLSR? :wacky1:

Sqrlnts
09-09-06, 05:52 AM
Forgive me for sounding dumb, but what is a DLSR? :wacky1:

+1 :uhh:

BurnTire
09-09-06, 11:23 AM
+2 ???

AZSonicSnake
09-09-06, 12:45 PM
+3 :icon_razz:

vicious781
09-09-06, 01:27 PM
Digital Single Lens Reflex.....its a high end digital camera with removeable lenses and a large image sensor. Right now I have two lenses and one filter. Its called a Single lens reflex because there is a mirror positioned so that when you look into the viewfinder, you are actually seeing what the camera is seeing because you are looking through the lens. The mirror moves out of the way when you push the shutter so the sensor can capture the image. Lets just say it takes much better pictures than ANY point and shoot!

BurnTire
09-09-06, 01:31 PM
Bring that Hi Tech Device to HPS Track Day.:awsome:

Digital Single Lens Reflex.....its a high end digital camera with removeable lenses and a large image sensor. Right now I have two lenses and one filter. Its called a Single lens reflex because there is a mirror positioned so that when you look into the viewfinder, you are actually seeing what the camera is seeing because you are looking through the lens. The mirror moves out of the way when you push the shutter so the sensor can capture the image. Lets just say it takes much better pictures than ANY point and shoot!

AZSonicSnake
09-09-06, 01:37 PM
+1,000,000,000

i think we just found our picture taker....:thumbsup:

BurnTire
09-09-06, 01:47 PM
+1,000,000,000

i think we just found our picture taker....:thumbsup:

No we need a video taker.

AZSonicSnake
09-09-06, 01:49 PM
that too. i think i can work on that one...lemme make a few calls. :awsome:

vicious781
09-09-06, 02:11 PM
Yeah, was planning on it! I wanted to do the high res shots come November time. I also have a Sony handicam too with a Tv-Tuner on my laptop and Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 to do my video editing. But I can't film, take pictures, and race at the same time :icon_frown:

BurnTire
09-09-06, 02:47 PM
Yeah, was planning on it! I wanted to do the high res shots come November time. I also have a Sony handicam too with a Tv-Tuner on my laptop and Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 to do my video editing. But I can't film, take pictures, and race at the same time :icon_frown:

We need to get a spectator with our group trained on your equipment.

vicious781
09-10-06, 03:17 AM
Dudes, I went to the import vs domestic. It sucked for the most part. I must have missed the bikini contest cause I didn't see it. Hardly any domestics there with the exception of the SRT4 crowd. The 20 bucks was worth it though to see the jet cars. The WOTR Supra was there, but couldn't hook at all. Mack 10 was there too........yay:thumbsdown: . Did anyone else go?

AZSonicSnake
09-10-06, 03:29 AM
nah. i ended up at the pavs, wanted to see the ford gt500 tour thing. it was cool. probably not as cool as jet cars though...:icon_razz:

Sqrlnts
09-10-06, 03:55 AM
vicious781 (http://www.highperformancestangs.com/forums/member.php?u=41), I agree with you totally. 20 bills for that crap as well. I noticed a supreme lack of Stangs out there as well. We didn't roll in the joint until 2300, but still. What all the mustang guys gettin old or what? Caught the jet cars on the ride out, nice. Otherwise, I was EXtremely dissapointed with the whole venue. Lotsa rice in this country.

AZMGT,
How many GT500's showed up? BTW I brought a helmet for you and, my mistake, it did have cooties in it! :sticktonge:

AZSonicSnake
09-10-06, 04:46 AM
hahaha....but thats the way i like it..lol.

well i did not count em, but i can remember atleast 5. and a few gt's. along with a nice old school gt500. it was cool to see. i did score a 05 gt hot wheels car for my little boy, so it was worth it. :smile:

50 BMG
09-10-06, 08:03 AM
Kinda funny, the red Ford GT at the FR trailer was my next door neighbors.

I took off from Pavs at 8 to head down to IvsD and said f-it I'm going home...I need my 8 hours. Glad I didnt waste my time or money down there based on this threads report card.

AZSonicSnake
09-10-06, 12:11 PM
i think i saw ya when you left. oh, and i must tell you, you car sounds just bad ass at idle...:smile:

50 BMG
09-10-06, 05:24 PM
i think i saw ya when you left. oh, and i must tell you, you car sounds just bad ass at idle...:smile:

Thanks! I'm sure gonna miss how it sounds...a mutual friend of ours will have them in a month. Shaggy's car will sound like that though; it's the yellow 04 cobra with the hairdryers down at PS.

Had I known that was you I'd have stopped by and shook your hand. Till next time :awsome:

AZSonicSnake
09-10-06, 05:28 PM
its all good. and the yellow car certainly looks bad. i drooled over that while i was hanging out down there having my terminator worked on. look forward to meeting ya sometime. :mrgreen: