PDA

View Full Version : 72 Mach 1 Questions/Help

JoeT
09-29-09, 09:03 PM
I just made a trip to southern California, I was there from the 23rd to the 28th and had an absolute ball. The car nuts in Cali seemed to get together every night somewhere there. Even met Jay Leno and toured his garage on Sunday, Jay is really cool.
Also I bought these parts from http://www.mustangservicecenter.com
I could have spent days looking thru everything this guy had, it was unbelievable and he had tons of rare NOS parts. Some things were pricey but he definitely had a lot of stuff. I'm not affiliated with this shop just thought Id pass the info on.

Anyway, while there I picked up a rear wing spoiler and a front spoiler for the 72 Mach 1. Does anyone know anybody in the Phoenix Metro area that could help me install these pieces to perfection? I'm sure its not that difficult but it scares the heck out of me thinking about drilling into the rear trunk, and any other places that would need to be drilled to install these pieces, Id rather find someone that has some experience with doing this stuff. HELP! :help:

JoeT
09-30-09, 09:05 AM
No takers huh?

JoeT
10-06-09, 05:18 PM
Need some help quickly if possible. Been scouring the internet for 3 days looking for this answer! I need to know exact Ford (http://forums.mustangmonthly.com/70/7527577/mustang-restoration/71-73-mach-i-rear-spoiler/index.html#) placement of the rear spoiler of the 1971-1973 Mach 1.

Ive seen some installed where the spoiler aligns with the rear of the trunk and Ive seen a few that were a little more forward of the rear trunk edge. Does anyone know the true answer to this question please help!

67 'Stang Lover
10-12-09, 04:14 AM
Joe,

I did one years ago for a friend and did a lot of measuring, etc. We could not find a template online either so we did the best we could. It turned out great but you do have to have a nack for stuff like this. I have built a couple of Mustangs from the ground up so it might have been easier for me. The only thing I can say is mock it up on your Decklid first and do a lot of measuring. Then drill and pary for the best. Good luck,
Steve.........

JoeT
10-12-09, 10:17 AM
Thxs Steve, I actually took it to Mustang Service Center in Glendale and they had installed tons of them, they did it in about 20 minutes. Turned out great. Thanks for responding to this. Seems every time I ask a question about the Mach 1 no one seems to know the answers to these particular cars. Oh well that's why I started a website called Mach1club.com (http://www.highperformancestangs.com/forums/Mach1club.com) hoping to gather Mach1 people that are more familiar with the Mach and Boss. Its a slow process gaining members but thats the way it goes for websites. Slowly but surely gaining some ranking in the search engines.
Ill be glad when the next version of the Mach 1 comes out from Ford, then Ill have more people searching for Mach 1's!

67 'Stang Lover
10-13-09, 10:41 AM
Joe,
Good job. I am glad you got it done. Atleast you know it is done right. I hardly ever check the 1st Gen Forum as nothing going on there. It is a shame but hopefully we wont disappear. LOL. Nice Mach.......