PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

RockysMom
08-30-06, 09:23 PM
Im new here and also new to AZ. I just bought a brand new 07 mustang coupe. I have joined so that maybe one of you guys can help me with a issue Im having. The sound its making is like when you put a card in a bike tire? Have you ever heard that b4? I hate taking it back to the dealer cause then ill be without my baby for days. I cant be without my baby lol. Any suggestions? THANKS TRISHA

FunnyCarChick
08-30-06, 09:29 PM
Hi Trisha I'm April I'm the other lady on the board, I'm the wife of the owner. Welcome I'm sure one of the guys will be able to help you..:icon_smile:

RockysMom
08-30-06, 09:32 PM
THANKS SO MUCH APRIL. I HOPE THEY CAN FOR SURE. :icon_cry:

FunnyCarChick
08-30-06, 09:37 PM
Keep me posted, i know how you feel i love my GT convertable. hang in there.

Radeon
08-30-06, 10:35 PM
I have joined so that maybe one of you guys can help me with a issue Im having. The sound its making is like when you put a card in a bike tire? Have you ever heard that b4? I hate taking it back to the dealer cause then ill be without my baby for days. I cant be without my baby lol. Any suggestions? THANKS TRISHA

Welcome to the board. I have an 05 GT. I would take the car back to the dealer. Thats what your warranty is for. I know it sucks to be without your baby, but its better to have the dealer fix the problem rather than driving and risking further damage.

Ryan

BurnTire
08-31-06, 05:37 AM
It could be something rubbing that needs re adjusted.
It could be something more serious. Like Ryan said your best bet is to stop buy the dealer. Take the mechanic for a ride with you if you have the time. Make sure they hear what you hear. Does you car make the noise all the time or only while moving? Does it get louder and faster with speed?

RockysMom
08-31-06, 09:05 AM
I took my baby to the hospital today hehe. They said they would let me know. The rental car they gave me is a convertible mustang, Nice dealership. Now I get to see what it feels like to drive a convertible. Ill keep ya posted for sure in case anyone else may have this issue.

cobragal
08-31-06, 10:13 AM
I am another girl on this forum! I just joined today!

I am sure that you will love driving the convertable! I love mine! Hope all goes well!

Jacostang
08-31-06, 10:18 AM
Welcome, just wondering which dealer you took your Mustang to?

RockysMom
08-31-06, 07:02 PM
Welcome Cobral. And I took it to berge ford. I got Rocky back and hehehe I feel so dumb, The manufacturer forgot to take a sticker off the drive shaft and it was coming off and rubbing as it spun lol, as for the idle he said thats normal until it wears in a little, usually after 5000 miles. Whew im so glad to have my baby back.

RockysMom
08-31-06, 07:03 PM
Oops Cobragal

FunnyCarChick
08-31-06, 07:27 PM
Glad to hear it was nothing major

Welcome Cobragal

RockysMom
08-31-06, 07:31 PM
ohhhh me too. whoo hooo. Tanks

cobragal
09-01-06, 07:05 AM
Thanks for the Welcomes!!! Glad there was nothing wrong with your baby!

Blackmagic1
09-06-06, 02:19 PM
Welcome Cobral. And I took it to berge ford. I got Rocky back and hehehe I feel so dumb, The manufacturer forgot to take a sticker off the drive shaft and it was coming off and rubbing as it spun lol, as for the idle he said thats normal until it wears in a little, usually after 5000 miles. Whew im so glad to have my baby back.
Welcome to the forum!! No reason to feel dumb. If the tech that did the PDI (pre delivery inspection at the dealership) would have removed it, it would have saved you alot of time and despair, in the first place. Anyways always nice to see another Mesa Mustanger! Are you going to the CMC meeting this Sunday?

RockysMom
09-06-06, 05:51 PM
Yes Ill be there with bells on hehe. I cant wait to meet everyone.

Brakelate
09-07-06, 03:44 AM
Welcome! Boy, that sure is an odd one! But, glad it was something silly and not a big problem. :awsome:

RockysMom
09-07-06, 08:42 PM
Welcome! Boy, that sure is an odd one! But, glad it was something silly and not a big problem. :awsome:

Yeah the idiots lol, kinda caught everyone off guard with that one lol

nexusvox
10-24-06, 10:25 AM
So you are telling us that putting baseball cards in my spokes doesn't make me go faster? They are also alot cheaper than an exhaust upgrade and give the car that aggressive sound. LOL