PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar Product Users?

P Machy
08-31-06, 01:23 PM
http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=7933

The link is a show case of how well their stuff works!

Any one else using their product?

Been using the Speed Glaze M80 found on their forum and some NXT Paste Wax....works like a freaking charm!!!

matt
08-31-06, 02:04 PM
I have for many years. Currently using the Professional Hand Polish (great alternative to clay-baring) and NXT stuff. To wash I use the Gold Class car shampoo and there mitt. Also have a slue of other products from them. I have used other products but Meguiars is the easiest to work with.

Viper_ed
08-31-06, 02:50 PM
Mother's Showtime Instant Detailer is all that I have ever used to clean my cars. Works great! I even tried it on my Emerald Green Stealth that had road salt on it. Just sprayed it on the car, dirt and all and it doesn't leave any scratches or swirl marks. Great stuff!!!

P Machy
08-31-06, 03:31 PM
I had to give Meguiars a real try and glad that I did. The previous owner of my car never took care of the paint...but the paint is so much nicer then the 1st night I picked her up from the used lot.

Tried the Mother stuff with no luck though. Swirls is one of the tuffest things to get out of a black car...shoot, even a DSG!!!

Guess if the car was new and the clear coat wasnt so scared up, any product would do?

Enjoying the car more after it she gets some TLC. :mrgreen:

BurnTire
09-01-06, 02:22 AM
I had 1 black mustang. Never again.
I never had swirl marks. I never used a circular motion when washing or waxing.
I would buff it every year with 3M products.
Final hand glaze would always go on straight and off straight. Never in a circle.

Now my white is great when I run out of cleaner I just go get some sand mix it up in a bucket and clear her up. Looks great even with sand water. LOL

I had to give Meguiars a real try and glad that I did. The previous owner of my car never took care of the paint...but the paint is so much nicer then the 1st night I picked her up from the used lot.

Tried the Mother stuff with no luck though. Swirls is one of the tuffest things to get out of a black car...shoot, even a DSG!!!

Guess if the car was new and the clear coat wasnt so scared up, any product would do?

Cloud 9
09-01-06, 11:35 AM
I use the wax on my black stang. Does well. It is hard to get rid of scratches and swirls no matter what you use. I recently picked up their scratch remover.....it don't work on black at all. :icon_confused:

SONIC03SNAKE
09-01-06, 12:07 PM

Where is the yellow bird?

P Machy
09-01-06, 01:17 PM
Where is the yellow bird?
What's Up Lou!

It's been down for the count...She will be up again by the end of this year :icon_eek:

P Machy
09-01-06, 01:20 PM
I never had swirl marks. I never used a circular motion when washing or waxing.
I would buff it every year with 3M products.
Final hand glaze would always go on straight and off straight. Never in a circle.

Now my white is great when I run out of cleaner I just go get some sand mix it up in a bucket and clear her up. Looks great even with sand water. LOL

LOL... I had no real choice. Brakelate found a pretty good DSG with like 2500miles on it, so naturally the paint WAS perfect. With all the modded ones running around, this Black Termee was the best one id seen with Zero mods.

Portable Cable with just M80 & NXT Paste wax does serious wonders. No Swirls, but the SERIOUS Deep Scratches I cant do anything about like Cloud 9 says.

BurnTire
09-01-06, 02:01 PM
LOL... I had no real choice. Brakelate found a pretty good DSG with like 2500miles on it, so naturally the paint WAS perfect. With all the modded ones running around, this Black Termee was the best one id seen with Zero mods.

Portable Cable with just M80 & NXT Paste wax does serious wonders. No Swirls, but the SERIOUS Deep Scratches I cant do anything about like Cloud 9 says.

3M made a pink fill in glaze years ago that really did well on filling in deeper scratches. Their current Imperial Hand Glaze Does a Good Job.

P Machy
09-01-06, 02:07 PM

I could use the M83, but I hear that it is pretty abbrisive stuff and takes some serious patients...but honestly, I can live with them. I got a few rock chips...no thanks to BrakeSLOW at the Secret Test Roads out here :bash:

Blackmagic1
09-02-06, 08:04 AM
I use to use Meguiars, but switched to Zaino a few years ago. For off the shelf, Meguiars is hard to beat.:cool:

u1arunit
09-02-06, 07:47 PM

wussy! Black is cool! LOL

Sand can take out swirl marks when used with a buffer you know.. :pepper::mrgreen:

BurnTire
09-02-06, 08:35 PM
wussy! Black is cool! LOL

Sand can take out swirl marks when used with a buffer you know.. :pepper::mrgreen:

Yep that is a special Arizona compound. :2thumbs:

SONIC03SNAKE
09-06-06, 09:11 PM
What's Up Lou!

It's been down for the count...She will be up again by the end of this year :icon_eek:
Cool, did you break something?

Dalamar
09-08-06, 02:24 AM
I used Meguires stuff for years.
I really like they're trim restorer.

Switched to Poorboys a while back. I like it better. It's easier to apply and remove, and shines better.
They're EX sealer wax is Awsome.

Terminator X
09-09-06, 01:30 AM
Is there any wax out there the is good for white? I'd like to see something that maybe have a colored tint to it so I can see it on white.

Terminator X
09-09-06, 01:33 AM
I use the wax on my black stang. Does well. It is hard to get rid of scratches and swirls no matter what you use. I recently picked up their scratch remover.....it don't work on black at all. :icon_confused:

For the Scratch X to work, you really have to put some elbow grease into for it to work. It has diminishing abrasives in it that you really have to work in. If your not hurting a little after you've done your car then you didn't do it right. That's if your doing it by hand and not the orbital polisher.:thmbsup: