PDA

View Full Version : My big Minnesota adventure

Rick Shopmier
10-11-09, 11:37 PM
While in Minnesota and visited a small town with about 6K population. It is Chisholm where my mother was raised. It is in the iron range or north woods to some.......colder than a witches u-no-wat in the winter, and 90 miles from the CDN border. In this town at what used to be the old Ford Dealership that was built in the early 1900's is this custom shop. Included are pictures I too there. These guys build 67/68 Elanore replicas....good ones and also do 57 Plymouth Christine replicas. These cars go all over the world and one is even owned by Jay Leno. While there we saw atleast 10 Mustangs in various states of completion. Check out the pictures.

Rick Shopmier
10-11-09, 11:44 PM
In the first post the interior shot is a right hand drive if you didn't notice, its going to Ireland, and the Bright red is going to Dubai. In the photo you can see Hugh Heffner....he also has one. The below pic is a group shot and you can see at least 5 different Elanors in the shot.

05mustangman
10-12-09, 01:05 AM
awesome rick! man that tractor is HUGE! is that the earth mover or what?

Mr. Austin
10-12-09, 01:15 AM
WOw!! sounds like you had a blast! and how long do you think it would take to air that earth movers tire up? the front looked a little low haha.

Rick Shopmier
10-12-09, 09:58 AM
The dump truck is used in the iron ore mines. It is powered by 2 Detroit Diesel V-8 engines back-to-back that generate about 3000 hp. This is a hybrid (and you thought the japs did it first) there is no transmission, instead a generator that sends power to the rear wheels thru 2 electric motors. These truck cost about half a million dollars and work about 15 years. This one is a 1995 model and was taken out of service 3 years ago. It is located at the Hull-Rust mine in Hibbing Minnesota. Attache is a picture of the scoop used to fill it.

JoeT
10-12-09, 10:34 AM
Pretty cool Rick!

05mustangman
10-12-09, 04:16 PM
very cool rick! looks like you had a blast up there. how cold was it up there?

Rick Shopmier
10-14-09, 10:22 PM
How cold? Your little nipple rings would freeze and fall off.

trucker
10-18-09, 02:49 AM
put it this way Tyler you don't own enuff clothes to keep you warm in the winter up there

maddme
10-18-09, 09:38 AM
Rick,
Those Mustangs are very cool. Thank you for sharing the pic's. I should see all of you at the Monsoon show next weekend. Have a wonderful week. :laughing1:

Rick Shopmier
10-18-09, 10:12 AM
If you want to know more about this shop go here www.memorylaneclassics.net (http://www.memorylaneclassics.net) .

maddme
10-18-09, 11:16 AM
Very cool website. Thank you.

FalconGTHO
11-20-09, 12:30 AM
Cool stuff, Rick. "Christine" however is/was a 58. And, more trivia, red was not a factory color option in 58 on Furys.

However, having a "Christine" IS on my "Cars To Own At Some Point" list.