PDA

View Full Version : M/T Drag Radial's are the

P Machy
09-02-06, 10:32 PM
chitsss!

I honstly hated on these tires since they are not forgiving to people like me who cant launch on Drag Radial's! Well, I was running on M/T ET Street till I almost lost control of the car and every since then, I have ran on these DR's...Normally the sway on the ET Street never troubled me one bit, but when there is so much dirt & possible water on the track, travelling around 80mph is freaky!

1st run I did get wheel hop...but not major...after that, these tires are sweet! :laughing1: :2thumbs:

http://www.0-1320feet.com/LACREXCEL.jpg

P Machy
09-02-06, 10:33 PM
upps. Run's were made at LACR which is a 2710' elevated drag strip.

BurnTire
09-02-06, 10:35 PM
60's look pretty good.
I have my 16" ET Streets on diamond racing wheels coming.

chitsss!

I honstly hated on these tires since they are not forgiving to people like me who cant launch on Drag Radial's! Well, I was running on M/T ET Street till I almost lost control of the car and every since then, I have ran on them...Normally the sway never troubled me one bit, but when there is so much dirt & possible water on the track, travelling around 80mph is freaky!

1st run I did get wheel hop...but not major...after that, these tires are sweet! :laughing1: :2thumbs:

http://www.0-1320feet.com/LACREXCEL.jpg

P Machy
09-02-06, 10:41 PM
60's look pretty good.
I have my 16" ET Streets on diamond racing wheels coming.
LOL...thanks for LYING! :Bucktooth: ....

I need to hit some 1.5's like a good friend of mine has a few times already on his IRS and same tires!

Nice...those rims are freaking LITE!

Hopefully these DR's will last me up to 80 runs....so far 4 runs are down :1cool:

BurnTire
09-02-06, 10:45 PM
LOL...thanks for LYING! :Bucktooth: ....

I need to hit some 1.5's like a good friend of mine has a few times already on his IRS and same tires!

Nice...those rims are freaking LITE!

Hopefully these DR's will last me up to 80 runs....so far 4 runs are down :1cool:

Well I hear the ET Streets get a little squirrelly when the pressure is run below 14 PSI, but other than that I look forward to something with a little more sidewall flex.

P Machy
09-02-06, 10:56 PM
Well I hear the ET Streets get a little squirrelly when the pressure is run below 14 PSI, but other than that I look forward to something with a little more sidewall flex.
You never ran on them before?

I used up about 12 or 14 sets of them on the Mach1...naturally Mach1 doesn't haul butt in the MPH, so it wasn't noticeable at all...even with sway bar completely off the car. Ran them as low as 10psi before.

The Termee was a different story though...just carefull not to give the steering too much input. You are going to feel it, but you can get used to it / Seems like road racers cant over come that feeling.

BurnTire
09-02-06, 11:01 PM
Nope Just the BFG's and M/H in the old 5.0 days.

P Machy
09-02-06, 11:03 PM
Did M/H have soft sidewalls like M/T?

I hear that Drag Slicks are even more freaky!

BurnTire
09-02-06, 11:13 PM
Did M/H have soft sidewalls like M/T?

I hear that Drag Slicks are even more freaky!

Yea they did, but the 5.0 Ran 12.9 @ 105

P Machy
09-02-06, 11:34 PM
LOL...ok, so just like my Mach...not fast enough to notice anything...Ur Termee should hit around that MPH at the 660' :2thumbs:

vicious781
09-03-06, 02:54 AM
Are you running that 60' with the stock IRS?!

P Machy
09-03-06, 10:16 AM
Are you running that 60' with the stock IRS?!

Stock IRS, 14psi HOT, and a good 6 seconds of smoke in 2nd gear at the burnout box. I should do less of a burnout, but it's too fun :Bucktooth: .

Taking the RPM's up to 5000 plus (sorry, trainning my ears to the way it sounds without looking at the tach) and not pushing on the gas when the clutch is being released...if I dont feel the tires spin as the clutch is coming out, I begin to floor it.

It is seriously a timing thing...if I can catch it at the right time when the clutch is being released, she should spin slightly (keeping the motor from bogging) and hook.

Mater
09-06-06, 03:56 PM
great tires!!

BurnTire
09-06-06, 03:59 PM
great tires!!

Even on a chevy?

P Machy
09-07-06, 12:12 PM
LOL :Bucktooth:

OK, so last night was a slippery night. My friends Busa was spinning the tires off the line, a little mini rail couldn't even leave the tree without smoking the tires, a very nice toreno was running 12.5's, and even a Civic that raced me ran 12.8!!!! There was a slight breeze / head wind and tail wind and no wind...but it was a pretty good night.

So with no good prep but good decent air for September, managed a PB on these DR's!! :biggrin:

Ohh and last run sucked cause i was desperate and the clutch started stinking :CRAP!!:

http://socalterminators.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15942&stc=1&d=1157615654

http://socalterminators.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15943&stc=1&d=1157615663

P Machy
09-09-06, 04:06 PM
14 long burnouts and runs and I havent hit the wear bar yet...close but not yet :biggrin:

Tires are hooking pretty good now!

P Machy
09-14-06, 01:14 PM
Shiat!

OK with just 23 runs,...it will get bald with just 2 more visits!!!

I need to learn NOT to do a long burnout! Tires are getting expensive!

vicious781
09-16-06, 12:03 AM
just curious, are you worried about the IRS blowing up? Also how much HP are you putting down?

BurnTire
09-16-06, 12:08 AM
just curious, are you worried about the IRS blowing up? Also how much HP are you putting down?

With an IRS brace and good sticky tires on a 500 RWHP cobra you shouldn't have any problems unless it starts to hop and you don't get out of it. I have found that drag radials can hop like a mother at the track.

Brakelate
09-16-06, 12:16 AM
Yup. If they hop bad, just abort the run. Save the car, the time would be poor anyway.

A smooth clutch release technique will allow that IRS to tolerate alot of Hp.

Be quick, but don't snap it out like you would doing a burnout or stunt driving (drifting). A rapid, but controlled release of the pedal is the trick while feeding in the throttle to maintain the Rpm.

P Machy
09-16-06, 12:24 AM
vicious781, No...never worried about the solid axle in the Mach1 that had 900runs in it before the spider gears lost it's teeth or now with the irs.

The stickier the tires, the less chances in getting wheel hop. Solid Axles get wheel hop on bad tires and that Concept applies with the IRS.

Now, folks do blow things up, but in honesty, it comes down to technic...IMHO. Yes, some have blown the half shafts & axles, even to the point that they are scared and will post in such fashion. I just say review the poster & see how many runs that they have made, just to weed out the here sayers.

M/T DR's still get hop...for some odd reason it is always my 1st runs. Maybe I just need to do a LONG LONG burnout on my 1st and lesser ones there after, since I wont be happy if they only last me 40 runs. That would be like 60 shy of what ET Street can get me.

Here are two of my best slips. Yellow one is the one I lost by breaking out .002!!! He was a newbie so I could of lifted a LOT sooner. Track was stuck and I can usually tell by my R/T's.

Car# P734.

http://www.0-1320feet.com/091006.JPG

Brakelate
09-16-06, 12:27 AM
Screw the race, you shoulda just got the slip for that ET! Hell, you stomped on the brakes so hard you lost what would have been a full ten miles an hour. That would have equalled on hell of a low ET!

Brakelate
09-16-06, 12:28 AM
Screw the race, you shoulda just got the slip for that ET! Hell, you stomped on the brakes so hard you lost what would have been a full ten miles an hour. That would have equalled on hell of a low ET!

That was a 11.6xx pass, easy.

P Machy
09-16-06, 12:34 AM
That was a 11.6xx pass, easy.
LOL!! NOT EVEN CLOSE! 1/8th MPH shows it would of been a good 1/4th MPH, but I was already off at the 1000' ET from the PB.

11.85 or so....nothing more then that.

BTW: I just lifted on the 1st MPH Calculator Cone and let the motor slow down in 4th gear. Still like 60' to travel to the final Cone, so that is why it shows a low MPH.

Brakelate
09-16-06, 12:57 AM
Your 1000 time was off a tick, but you had better Mph. Either way, you are making some impressive power to pull that speed with your mods.