Thread: What is up with this?

What is up with this?

Take a look at the link below and scroll all the way down. Where the hell is all this weight coming from compared to the GT?
    Future 2008 Shelby GT 500 owner

2005 Mustang GT-318rwhp
    JLT Intake, Pullies, axleback, SCT w/ bamachips 93 octane race tune.--Gone

2005 Chevy Tahoe-5.3L 295hp

Gold Award 
    I don't see a link?

But compare the weight of a 2004 or earlier GT with a 2005 or later GT. Just about all of the additional weight is in the new frame.

In response to your question: The "Shelby" weighs that much more cause it's engine is a boat anchor. GT's dont have a 200 pound blower package setup, DOHC iron heads, or a huge 5.4L iron block.

Quote Originally Posted by 50 BMG
    I don't see a link?

But compare the weight of a 2004 or earlier GT with a 2005 or later GT. Just about all of the additional weight is in the new frame.

In response to your question: The "Shelby" weighs that much more cause it's engine is a boat anchor. GT's dont have a 200 pound blower package setup, DOHC iron heads, or a huge 5.4L iron block.
    Still no link.

Just curious why you would refer to the 5.4 as a "boat anchor". I figured the added weight would be well worth it for the factory 475HP and the potential to go considerably higher.

I am actually considering buying one of these but I will never buy one new. I figure I will wait until 2008 or 09 and by a used one considering I plan to mod the hell out of it. :twisted:
    11.724@120.065 (1.839 60ft)

"It doesn't matter how bad your car is on the Dyno-it's the clock at the end of the track that counts!"

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by QTRPONY
    Just curious why you would refer to the 5.4 as a "boat anchor".
    Because it weighs at the very least 800 pounds fully dressed. I don't care how much factory hp they have, they have too much weight for it to be worth a shit...
    Last edited by 50 BMG; 04-14-06 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 50 BMG
    I don't see a link?

Sorry, I guess I forgot to post the link. Here it is. http://www.svt.ford.com/gt500/index.html

I just dont see how it can weight over 400lbs more than a 05 Mustang GT.
    Click on compare and scroll down. Its also showing that the aluminum ford gt heads are the ones being used.
    Future 2008 Shelby GT 500 owner

2005 Mustang GT-318rwhp
    JLT Intake, Pullies, axleback, SCT w/ bamachips 93 octane race tune.--Gone

2005 Chevy Tahoe-5.3L 295hp

Engine, blower, wheels, brakes, interior, suspension. That all adds up to the extra weight.