Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mustang shop

mustang shop

sorry if i posted this already. i'm new to this.
    i have a 72 mach 1 that needs some rust/body work and paint.
    also a leak where the shift lever enters the trans.
    the mustang service center of az in glendale was listed in mustang monthly. they work on mustang 64-73. has anyone had any work done by these guys?
    thanks,

Silver Award 
    They installed a front and rear spoiler, fixed my drivers seat, fixed the bushings on my console shifter. That's all they did for me. Nothing mechanical. They were all very nice and seemed fair in pricing.

I dont have any idea about the skill they have for rust/body work and paint, but I saw a few cars they had personally and from that it looked like great work.
    Its tough to give recommendations on any shop, Id say be sure anything you do get in writing, understand exactly what you will pay and be sure to understand what your expected results will be.
    I can say if your Mach has original paint on the car that you will need to remove all that paint if you go with a Base Coat clear coat. That can add a few thousand to the job.
    Quotes on mine have been between 6000-8500 and I have no rust.

thanks Joe.
    the paint is not original. i was told the car was painted about 6 years ago. there is some rust (bubbling paint) on the rear wheel ares. also some clear coat bubbling. some dents where the car was hit by a little gril on a bike. argh. it wont be until spring when i can get the work done.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mike72mach1 View Post
    hit by girl on bike.
    Mike

OUCH

Hi
    I am also looking for a vehicle painter in the Phx area can anyone help out i have four cars all need paint

You want the best to the top painter restoration ,,pinstriping airbrush, and collision.http://www.luckylcustom.com/You will not be dissapointed.19th ave south of peoria address is on his site .Lucky did the fuul paint on my saleen extreme thats for sale and my diesel truck.

Silver Award 
    Ya I know about Lucky Luciano's soon as I win the lottery Ill go there. Ive seen his work he is very good!

I would check out Joe Reitz at Reitz Restorations, he has done paint work on my car and it came out perfect (paint is 17 years old on my 66). Joe knows Mustangs and works on early and late cars (has been doing a lot of hail repair for our club members). You can go to his shop at any time and see cars in restoration and repair. Joe put in a new windshield for me last Friday, there was a little surface rust under the seal that he fixed and primed, used a US made rubber seal and Mastik sealant. Joe is a member of Wild West Mustangs, we do our tech days at his shop monthy and he does a lot of free work for us. You should at least check him out. As a note, a fellow Mustang owner went to the Mustang Service Center for 66 quarter windows, the job was poorly done, and he had to make repairs to their work when he got home...I don't recommend them.

RACER00

One more thing.....does mechanical work too, but paint and body is his specialty. His prices are reasonable.

RACER00

Silver Award 
    You can try Drew Brothers Custom as they are restoring a 70 Chevelle for me right now and I've seen their work is great. They have several restorations of old cars being done right now.
    http://www.drewbrotherscustoms.com/home.php
    2004 Saleen Convertible #298 SC/281-SOLD
    1970 Chevelle LS3 Build/T56