Thread: Mod Assesment

Gold Award 

Mod Assesment

Let's put together a thread that list mods we have done to our cars and rate then according to a criteria. The criteria is based on quality, benefit and installation. For quality use 1, 2, or three where one equals piss poor, two is satisfactory and three nothing better. Benefit or the performance enhancement obtained again use 1, 2, 3. One, I lost power, two little or no change and three you got to have it. On installation it will be one is jack stands, jack and three drawer too box. Two requires a chest of tools and lift and three leave it to a professional. Since most mods require tuning start by listing your tuner and rate him/her 1 through 3, three being the best. My goal is to be able to get enough data and compile a spreadsheet ranking the different modifications. I'll start;

James @ www.runninwiththedevil.com

Stiegemeier stage 1 port; gained almost 40hp and 30 ft-lbs of torque and for the price I paid (used w/ 100 miles) definitely my best mod
    Q=3
    B=3
    I=2

Billetflow idlers
    Q=3
    B=2
    I=1

Flowmaster Cat-Back, quality was bad and it is not holding upvery well. The tips are corroded and it leaks like a sive.
    Q=1
    B=2
    I=1 but it's nice if you have 2

Mac Pro-Chamber, a little better than the Flows but not much. The best thing about the Pro-Chamber is the sound :D
    Q=2
    B=2
    I=1 but it's nice if you have 2

UPR Clutch Quadrant and Firewall Adjuster
    Q=2
    B=2
    I=1

Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, Pressure Plate and McLeod Sleeve. I stuck with the ten spine shaft but had to replace my TB retainer sleeve.
    Q=3
    B=3
    I=2

Dyno Jet Wideband Commander. An a/f monitoring system is a must when tunning via email.
    Q=3
    B=3
    I=2

Predator, I am very anxious to get my hands on the Pro-Racer Package now that James is a dealer however, the Predator served me well
    Q=3
    B=3
    I=1

BFG DRs, 275 40R 17
    Q=3
    B=3
    I=3

BFG KDWS, 275 40R 17
    Q=3
    B=1
    I=3

12" Conical "Lightning" Filter with adapter, another great performance enhancer for the price
    Q=2
    B=2
    I=1

Sounds good. I plan on putting how to's, technical articles, etc. in the members only section of the website. This may be something we could put in there too.

Ryan
    Future 2008 Shelby GT 500 owner

2005 Mustang GT-318rwhp
    JLT Intake, Pullies, axleback, SCT w/ bamachips 93 octane race tune.--Gone

2005 Chevy Tahoe-5.3L 295hp

Gold Award 

Gold Award 
    holy crap, this is going to take me awhile LOL. Why not devide it into categories like Engine mods, Exhaust mods, Suspension mods, drivetrain mods, wheels/tires, accessories.

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene
    holy crap, this is going to take me awhile LOL. Why not devide it into categories like Engine mods, Exhaust mods, Suspension mods, drivetrain mods, wheels/tires, accessories.
    When I compiled the list I was going to break it into catagories. Just list info you think is helpfull.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene

LOL take YOU awhile.... its gana take me a week!