Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Off to the Races!

Smile Off to the Races!

I'll be heading out to Los Angeles County Raceway in the morning to make my first passes with the '03. I've been there hundreds of times with my previous vehicles, but this will be my Terminator's first run at the strip.

I'm a little nervous about the weather due to the wind coming up, but the temps are obviously dropping as the seasons start to change. It should be cool in the morning and the track should be reasonably prepped due to them running a fast-car meet over the weekend.

My buddy PMachy will be there, but he's just got too much for me right now since he went out and gained about 40 RWHP with a custom dyno tune. I'm betting he has a good 2/10ths on me from what I've seen in our roll on street testing.

We also have a buddy with a new Shelby going. He's been calling out Terminators and posting vids all over the internet (you may have seen them - white with blue stripes). The car he's been running against is a little stronger than mine, but the owner is sick, so I may have to fill in tomorrow for some videotaped runs. Hope I can represent the Termi's well.

The Shelby has a custom tune and added a pair of flowmasters and will be running on some 17" ET Streets. I'm short on track exerience with this particular car, so we shall see how it goes.

Wish me luck, and hopefully we'll have some good vids to post by this time tomorrow night.

Yes we need video of this spectacle.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Since PMachy is too fast for the rest of us mere mortals, I'm hoping we can get him to film it.

Of course, if I lose, the footage may strangely get lost in transit.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakelate View Post
    Since PMachy is too fast for the rest of us mere mortals, I'm hoping we can get him to film it.

Of course, if I lose, the footage may strangely get lost in transit.
    You how that INTERNET stuff works. Things get lost.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Exactly!

PMachy is a go. No one has heard from the Shelby owner yet. No telling what he's cooking up.

Dude, I so am going to need new tires after next weekend!!!

Freaking Termee is getting EXPENSIVE!

hopefully they are joking about running at 8am! Id only seen that once in my life time at LACR! It is going to be freezing in the morning!!!

Did you get a tune yet? Not sure why you are hidding ur mods!

We can have a HEADS UP TERMEE CLASS!

Hiding my mods???? Unlike some, I have complete disclosure. You even drove the car!

Heads up Termi's would be fun. Hope all the fast guys tolerate us taking so long to get out of thier way.

8am would be great for me. It's getting really cool out here already, so that would mean some good DA finally, and hopefully the winds wouldn't be up that early.

I could bust out a couple passes, then split before it got crowded.

no drinks after the fun?

punk!

Man, I hate driving that early...the cold is something that I REALLY HATE! I rather run at 90* temps...

hopefully the sun comes out to heat up the strip....nothing worse then a FROOZEN lanes to run on.

BTW: uppers only & no lowers allowed...no ported EATONS or weight reductions allowed either!

heads up...call me Dave Conley hole shotter

Quote Originally Posted by P Machy View Post
    no drinks after the fun?

R U Crazy? I'll have been up all nite! When are you heading up? I may see you on the freeway piddling along at 73.