Thread: Bad Shifting Automatic

Angry Bad Shifting Automatic

I hit the revlimiter before my auto shifts usualy only when going from 2nd to 3rd gear doesn't matter if left in drive or manualy shifted ?
    edlebrock says there is nothing wrong with there program which has me locked out to adjust things.
    puzzled and pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a tune problem. Worst case scenario your stock transmission is getting 'lazy' with its shifts. My stock AODE started missing shifts because it couldnt handle the extra torque I was pushing through it. I think my auto made it 5 months after I installed the blower. I had 70k miles on the car at the time though.

Far as I know the 5 speed auto's should be able to hold the power. Eldebrock should lower the shift command for your 2-3 shift.

If they wont than maybe look into getting a custom tune from some of the vendors here.

I remember talking with you about this at the Ford vs GM day. I thought stage 3 was tuning the car.

I would see if PSR can tune it in on their dyno.

Dennis im tellin ya man take it down to psr they will have it running like you have never seen before. then you shouldnt have any of the problems. and i no they will be able to tap into your tuner and everything.

2010 GT500 - Modded out the Wazoo. Tuned by Shelby American Motorsports. Las Vegas, NV.
    2003 Ford Lightning- Airaid intake, Bassani exhaust, Lakewood torsion bar, 2" drop shackels and a few more mods.