Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 302 Parts for a 260?

Because that would be lying. How many times have you seen real 260? Apparently some people didnt even know about them. I want a 260 numbers block.

How about a 220 cid v-8

Before the 302, before the 289. before the 260, was the 220. And if you know anything about Shelby and the Cobras (I mean the real ones) you would know that when Carol went to England where he was building cars for Le Mans he found the Ace/Bristol sports cars. Ford gave him two 220 cid v-8s to test fit in the cars. In 1963 the 220's were in Fairlanes and in the full size Ford sedans. Similar to the later sb 8's but many parts would not interchange because of dimension differences. Sooooooo pee wee if you want something unique find a 220. And there aint nutin wrong with flats, after all John Dillinger liked them.

RACER00

Oops

When I got done with the post I notice a cubic inch laying in the floor, I correct myself before some one comes along and says, you idiot it was 221 cid motor. That 1 cid makes a hell of a lot of difference. Back to the beer, bye.

RACER00

Hahaha Isnt there a straight six thats a 220?

I had a 64 1/2 Mustang coupe in 1974 (bought of for $300). It had the 260 V-8 and I bolted a set of stock 289 heads, Edlebrock dual plane 4 barrel intake and a Autolite 4bbl carb. Ran well, no big difference until i
    I put the 4.11 gears in it. That's how I learned about the the proper torque sequence on head bolts, by doing it wrong the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Austin View Post
    I have a new project coming my way and have a chance to pick up a 260 motor basically complete with the 5 bolt cruise-o-matic tranny. My question is will a 69 302 intake, cam, hydraulics, blah blah blah work for this 260? I am more so interested in knowing if the intake would work as i have an original iron intake with working/clean carburetor that would be nice to have. ~ Thanks in Advance.
    Hank
    Phoenix
    '89 ASC/McLaren #176
    '87 ASC/McLaren #134 SOLD!
    '85 GT Orig Owner 27k miles

just a thing to remember some early 260's have the motor mounts back farther then the 302's do