Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting gears, what do I need?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger00 View Post
    Now, if I ever have the need to have 9" axle ends welded to my car I will know where to go.
    Yes DSRC does meticulous high quality work.

I know many are happy with AZ Diff gear installs and everyone is free to choose where to do their business. I am just sharing my first hand experience with them.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Thanks for all the info! I have heard good and bad things about AZ Diff. I am actually taking the car to Haney Motorsports and having Casey do the install. He has done all the other work on the car. I just wanted to make sure I have everything I need to get it done. I am really looking forward to waking the car up a bit. I will keep you posted on how it turns out.

with only 2,000 very mild miles on mine, I surely wouldn't think I'd need a full bearing kit. maybe just an install kit just to be safe. Extreme Perf was quite high on the Labor at $550. I'll look at AZ diff on Monday
    2012 GT/CS 6spd, Steeda CAI+ Roush Ext, Custom Tune +
    423.7 RWHP (D/A Corrected)
    387.3 RWTQ
    1987 GT 347 5spd

trucker & BurnTire , Thank You for telling me about AZ Diff. Had my gears done yesterday and those people are terrific. nice price, top quality work, very friendly as well, they offered me breakfast if I wanted, that surprised me. I told them I'll send them all the referals I can.

also found out some very good info on Fords new FRPP gear sets thru a gent who worked on Fords rear assembly line. the new part# 4209-88373 which involves Fords new heat treat process for stronger gears replaced the 4209-F373N last year. These new ones seem to come with very tiny burrs on the pinion teeth. we had to buff them off. they didnt even show on pasting. we discovered it after getting it all done, drove down the street and I heard what can best be described as a sound like a rock stuck inbetween a tire tread. it was a very very light TICKING which only occured under coasting in neutral from 35mph and slower. drove back, popped them back out did the buffing and tick gone. this was not their fault and pasting didnt even show the burrs. they were on the toe end and the extreme edge of wear pattern. setup with .007 backlash and perfect pattern.. now as quiet as stock with an increase in intown mileage UP 2mpg to 19.5 mild driving habits.

I couldn't be happier. Traction is laughable in 1st & 2nd with ATC off. LOL
    Last edited by CobraGT87; 05-30-12 at 04:11 PM. Reason: name added
    2012 GT/CS 6spd, Steeda CAI+ Roush Ext, Custom Tune +
    423.7 RWHP (D/A Corrected)
    387.3 RWTQ
    1987 GT 347 5spd

I had Az diff instal 4.10 gears about 2 years ago. They did a good job for me. I have put about 8,000 miles on my car since then with no problems.
    http://wildwestmustangsaz.com/gallery/albums/userpics/EVIL SIG.jpg

I won't be going back to az differential either. I want thrilled about the work they did work me. Id rather pull my pumpkin out and take it to ford.
    2004 SVT Cobra, C&L, Pypes, SLP, B&M, Steeda, conservative 483rwhp @ 12.6 psi

Quote Originally Posted by brentsSVT View Post
    I won't be going back to az differential either. I want thrilled about the work they did work me. Id rather pull my pumpkin out and take it to ford.
    I see you experienced what I did years ago.
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

NoLemon does installs at his house. He has a Lift.

4jenna can get you in contact with him. He did my last set.
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Quote Originally Posted by scooter3 View Post
    Thanks for all the info! I have heard good and bad things about AZ Diff. I am actually taking the car to Haney Motorsports and having Casey do the install. He has done all the other work on the car. I just wanted to make sure I have everything I need to get it done. I am really looking forward to waking the car up a bit. I will keep you posted on how it turns out.
    Lol..casey was going to use my setup tools for the Install..lol..
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have.
    -Gerald Ford

Nawww Dude.. I ate a whole pizza...
    -Wade

NoLemon thats a name i havent heard in a LONG LONG time