Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got my gears installed/AZ Diff review

Thumbs up Got my gears installed/AZ Diff review

I finally got my 3.73 gears installed. I had AZ Diff do the work because the shop that was going to do the install flaked on me. I have not had a chance to really notice any improvement until I get them broken in. I will say that AZ Diff did a great job. I had heard good and bad things about the shop, but Bill was very helpful and did the work today even though it was a Saturday. Took it in at 9a and it was done by noon. He was very helpful and gave me a lot of information on how to properly break them in. I need to go back after about 3000 miles to have the gear oil changed. Overall I had a pretty good experience. Now I just need to rack up about 500 miles, before I can see what they can do.

Just got back from a lightly spirited drive and I can say there is a lot more pick up from the car then before. The car moves through 1st much faster and 5th gear does not seem so low. Another couple of days and I can really get into it to see what it does. Can't wait.

what gears did you have in there originally? 3.73 are a nice gears choice! you know not too high rpms when your cruisin at like 75 but quick acceleration!

2010 GT500 - Modded out the Wazoo. Tuned by Shelby American Motorsports. Las Vegas, NV.
    2003 Ford Lightning- Airaid intake, Bassani exhaust, Lakewood torsion bar, 2" drop shackels and a few more mods.

Quote Originally Posted by 05mustangman View Post
    what gears did you have in there originally? 3.73 are a nice gears choice! you know not too high rpms when your cruisin at like 75 but quick acceleration!
    Stock gears, 3.27 I think. Yeah I debated 4.10's, but I drive way too many highway miles for that plus I may put a SC on one day.

good choice i still like my 4.10's

Quote Originally Posted by Jodaddy View Post
    good choice i still like my 4.10's
    Thanks. I just could not bring myself to getting the 4.10's. Although, riding in your car was a trip. I hope to get out and have some fun as soon as they are broken in a bit.

What brand of gears did you have installed? Do you notice any gear whine while cruising?

Quote Originally Posted by 6-Speed View Post
    What brand of gears did you have installed? Do you notice any gear whine while cruising?
    FRPP, PM sent.

Glad you had a good experience. I went from Motive 3.73's to FRPP 3.73's along with some other work and all gear whine is gone. AZ Diff set me up good. I think my motive gears werent matched up correctly from the manufacture.

I have never broken in gears. Well correction I have real quick heat cycle then time to have fun. I always used frpp gears never got any whine until 4.30 gears, but then again going that high your gonna get a little whine.