Thread: cams and emissions

cams and emissions

I have been looking into cams, but I am concerned about passing emissions. Can anyone tell me if this will be an issue? If so I may not even attempt it and go another route.

You should not have a problem with emissions. you will still be running your cats and your car is still new so i dont believe they would put the sniffer in the tailpipe. As long as all your monitors are being run and your check engine light is not on, you shouldnt have a problem passing emissions.

2010 GT500 - Modded out the Wazoo. Tuned by Shelby American Motorsports. Las Vegas, NV.
    2003 Ford Lightning- Airaid intake, Bassani exhaust, Lakewood torsion bar, 2" drop shackels and a few more mods.

Quote Originally Posted by 05mustangman View Post
    You should not have a problem with emissions. you will still be running your cats and your car is still new so i dont believe they would put the sniffer in the tailpipe. As long as all your monitors are being run and your check engine light is not on, you shouldnt have a problem passing emissions.
    Good, I was a little concerned with that. Thanks for the reply.

How long till I gotta get my 07 tested?

I have long tubes (with cats) and cams and am not optimistic about my odds with a sniffer. I don't have a Check Engine Light but my traction control and low tire pressure light are always on. Do they care about those, too.
    2012 GT500 543/533 11.7@120
    1995 5.0 minute or two per lap

Quote Originally Posted by Wharf Rat View Post
    How long till I gotta get my 07 tested?

I have long tubes (with cats) and cams and am not optimistic about my odds with a sniffer. I don't have a Check Engine Light but my traction control and low tire pressure light are always on. Do they care about those, too.
    I think you have 5 years before you have to get yours tested.

yea i believe it is 5 years. i got longtubes and high flow cats on the gt500 and it will pass no problem. you should be good too.

2010 GT500 - Modded out the Wazoo. Tuned by Shelby American Motorsports. Las Vegas, NV.
    2003 Ford Lightning- Airaid intake, Bassani exhaust, Lakewood torsion bar, 2" drop shackels and a few more mods.