Thread: Wheel Care Question

Question Wheel Care Question

Ok, Not sure where I should have posted this so I picked misc... Anyways, My rims are a bit cloudy and I was wondering what I can do to get them shining again. I have been looking at the Mother's Powerball, but that product seems to be a regular cleaning tool. I think My rims are going to need at least a polish to look really good again. What do you guys use? Or what can you recommend? There are many products out there but would like to find someone with a success story.... Here is a side pic of the car.. granted, it isn't a recent one (previous owner) but they look about the same since I washed them. Thanks in advance. Joe
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Platinum Award 
    Heres a site you can check out if you cant find any sponser help here. DetailCity.org

Thanks that helps!
    89 Gt
    E303 cam (I think)
    Sub-frame connectors
    I think it has a port job
    Might be re-geared
    Set up for nitrous (police removed it)
    Give me a break, it was from an impound lot, It's quick that is all I know.

I run a side detailing business and we use Meguiar's M105 all the time. This is a Mirror Glaze commercial product for compounding paint, but works great on metals too.

You can try Meguiar's Ultimate Compound off the shelf at Walmart or autoparts stores by hand using a foam applicator or you could also try a Powerball or Powercone. Follow up with metal polish of your choice. You can get them looking great by hand, just takes time and patience. Good luck

In fact, you'd be amazed at what a complete paint correction would do for your red Fox. Check out this red fox we color sanded and compounded with M105 (see pages 5 and 6 for final results)

1989 Ford Mustang
    http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=25653
    Last edited by 1tuff68; 05-21-10 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Added info
    68 Hardtop
    "Kandi Taylor"

WOW! That's awesome! That car looks a ton better! Guess there is hope for my paint after all. Thanks!
    89 Gt
    E303 cam (I think)
    Sub-frame connectors
    I think it has a port job
    Might be re-geared
    Set up for nitrous (police removed it)
    Give me a break, it was from an impound lot, It's quick that is all I know.

Quote Originally Posted by 89GT View Post
    WOW! That's awesome! That car looks a ton better! Guess there is hope for my paint after all. Thanks!
    Yeah, you'd be amazed what a simple buff and polish job would do in the hands of a skilled pro.
    68 Hardtop
    "Kandi Taylor"