Thread: Cam question

Cam question

Been talking to Jim at CMS about cams and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for a place to do the install. Looking at Stage 1 so I won't need to switch out the springs, but would like to get the cams degreed and car tuned.

Thanks.

quick question. why you looking at getting cams? I mean if its all about the sound more power to ya but theres not enough of a horse power gain for the money in my opinion. But its up to you take a look into stage three motorsports or psr for install. if you have any questions pm me.

what kind of car 2v,3v,4v?????? most of the time people do modular cams for the sound. No springs required for the most part gain 15-30rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd2nunn View Post
    what kind of car 2v,3v,4v?????? most of the time people do modular cams for the sound. No springs required for the most part gain 15-30rwhp
    2V, 03' GT. I know that there will not be huge gains, so I am ok with the minimal HP gains. It will never be a race car and there will always be someone faster. I am old school and like the sound. Not a big fan of forced injection. Not having to replace the springs is a plus and why I want to stay with the stage 1. Still gives me all around power throughout the power band. The car is sniper tuned so I assume it will need to be tuned. Will be doing all the other bolt ons also. Just looking to have a fun car to drive.