Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kenne Bell tunes GOOD or BAD ?????

Gold Award 
    if you know it all why are you asking us for help? i don't ever understand when people ask for help and the belittle everything a person is offering to try and help with. wow. go ahead, skimp on the most important part of your car and see how that works out for you. me personally, i will stick to a tuning professional to tune my car. and thus far it was been perfect. my car makes a good number on the dyno and on the track. and my tune was custom built from the ground up. not some bs like your mentioning. in my humble opinion running a tune that someone in a different state built is just asking to buy a new motor. there is no way to recreate the enviornment from 3 states away. but, hey, maybe your wallet is alot deeper and you like buying motors. to each thier own!

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

I would highly suggest taking it to Performance Solutions and let them do some dyno tuning. Like stated from burntire canned tunes cannot adjust all parameters for your car. Devin from PSR is a True professional as he has been custom tuning cars (alot of members from this site including mine) for 20+ years. He definitely knows what hes doing. And he does check all parameters and you can even watch him do it. I have a had a canned tune before and it was good for my car then. But honestly nothing beats a dyno tune. Then you can sleep better not having to worry about blowing something up in your car because it was tuned incorrectly. The only thing canned tunes really tune for is your gear ratio, tire size, and current mods. That cant adjust all your parameters correctly.

But like stated before, Its your choice in the end.

2010 GT500 - Modded out the Wazoo. Tuned by Shelby American Motorsports. Las Vegas, NV.
    2003 Ford Lightning- Airaid intake, Bassani exhaust, Lakewood torsion bar, 2" drop shackels and a few more mods.

That would be a long drive from Louisiana.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Gold Award 
    First... peace all... my lord!
    Burntire, I have a question... 05 V6 w/ a super chip, K&N filter and Bassani dual w/ a X Crossover. The tuner is married to the car. I was thinking of getting a Dyno Tune. Idle is a little off when I put it in park, otherwise Im driving pretty well. Looks good and I'm happy with the new exhaust. Would the tune effect the hand held tuner and would I now be married to my new tuner?
    Question two: The stock exhaust comes w/ two vibration damperners, one at the front, one at the stock muffler. I now feel the exhaust vibration. I tried to get answers from Bassani... no responce. I may just go to the factory, they are here in Anaheim.
    Any thoughts would be great!
    Thanks!

oops. LOL! didnt realize the location! lol.

2010 GT500 - Modded out the Wazoo. Tuned by Shelby American Motorsports. Las Vegas, NV.
    2003 Ford Lightning- Airaid intake, Bassani exhaust, Lakewood torsion bar, 2" drop shackels and a few more mods.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnTire View Post
    That would be a long drive from Louisiana.
    oops. lol. didnt realize the location. Lol!

Gold Award 
    Anaheim is ok... right?

Anaheim rocks! Socal is awesome!

Gold Award 
    Good to hear!
    Burntire, Jeff, I'm going to the range Thursday w/ my son. I post real 20 yard targets.
    Ex B-52 tail gunner, AFGA # 4014.
    Happy shooting!

Quote Originally Posted by rdrumm View Post
    First... peace all... my lord!
    Burntire, I have a question... 05 V6 w/ a super chip, K&N filter and Bassani dual w/ a X Crossover. The tuner is married to the car. I was thinking of getting a Dyno Tune. Idle is a little off when I put it in park, otherwise Im driving pretty well. Looks good and I'm happy with the new exhaust. Would the tune effect the hand held tuner and would I now be married to my new tuner?
    Question two: The stock exhaust comes w/ two vibration damperners, one at the front, one at the stock muffler. I now feel the exhaust vibration. I tried to get answers from Bassani... no responce. I may just go to the factory, they are here in Anaheim.
    Any thoughts would be great!
    Thanks!
    What RPM does your car idle at?

I don't know anything about the Superchip stuff. Is it a plug-in chip or do you load a tune with the handheld?

If it is a handheld then you are loading a tune from Superchips into the car. I assume you can make a few changes to the tune from your handheld? If so when you make those changes you upload the tune again and it re flashes the PCM.

If you got a dyno tune it will replace the Superchips tune. I am not sure how superchips stuff works, but the new dyno tune would have to be loaded into the hand held in order to utilize the handheld to make parameter changes. This is how SCT Flash Hand Helds Work.

The Handheld tuner should still work, but if you used it to change things it would clear the dyno tune and replace it with the old Superchips tune.

Check your exhaust to see if it is touching something. Rattles are usually due to touching something it shouldn't.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5