Thread: Clutch woes

Clutch woes

I bought a clutch for my car. I think it is referred to as a GT340+ HP something or other. Anyway I have an adjustable quadrant on firewall and it adjusts on clutch fork as well. The clutch is hard to operate. Not daily driveable. If I installed an oem unit and stock cable would it be easier to operate. (I did lube the cable) Or are these clutches. I run 86 mustang GT engine and trans. Is there an inherient issue? or a great fix? I run a stock engine

The stock quadrant will not make it easier to operate. Who makes the clutch? It sounds like it has a very beefy pressure plate.

Platinum Award 
    Where/Who is the clutch from?
    JENNABEARS Foundation
    www.jennabearsfoundation.org

He said it was a King Cobra clutch good for 300HP. I woudn't think that would have a super heavy pp.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Silver Award 
    I'll bet that if the clutch feels super stiff in your case that the clutch cable is badly worn and possibly binding. It'll make you think you're driving a car with a much stiffer clutch and no adjustment will really help alleviate that problem. That's my best guess, and for what it's worth I like the cable to be adjustable at the firewall only. Not a fan of adjustable cables.
    ~Andrew